JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you play games?

As a kid, I used to play Monopoly and Chess.

Later, I got into board games.. one of my favorites being Power Grid.. 

And then as I grew up, it was getting very hard to have that trinity.. where you have to have three elements for a happy board game life..

(people to play board games with, a place to gather and last but not least, time to play games)

(This was when I wanted to create a Bible-based board game.. the background is Paul's ministry work. 

You get to choose one among the missionaries and the goal is to establish as many congregations as possible)  

So I turned my eyes to video games and bought Nintendo Switch and Play Station 4.

Well, it's not that easy to find Christian-friendly games in console markets but where there's a will, there's a way.

For Nintendo Switch, it's easier to find such games.. especially the Mario series.

Even in play station market, I could find FIFA20 and NBA and Dreams Universe (a game that lets you create games and I'm making Bible-based games)

I believe even in the NW, people will continue to make games and play games.

25 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Later, I got into board games.

Monopoly and chess are board games - and, yes, we still play them at times ... as well as card games.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I wonder,  in the new world, will there be any competitive type games?

sports like basketball or baseball? Will they be a thing of the past?

Of course most games are competitive unless your playing against the computer. :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:26 PM, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Later, I got into board games.. one of my favorites being Power Grid.. 

And then as I grew up, it was getting very hard to have that trinity.. where you have to have three elements for a happy board game life..

(people to play board games with, a place to gather and last but not least, time to play games)

(This was when I wanted to create a Bible-based board game.. the background is Paul's ministry work. 

You get to choose one among the missionaries and the goal is to establish as many congregations as possible)  

So I turned my eyes to video games and bought Nintendo Switch and Play Station 4.

Well, it's not that easy to find Christian-friendly games in console markets but where there's a will, there's a way.

For Nintendo Switch, it's easier to find such games.. especially the Mario series.

Even in play station market, I could find FIFA20 and NBA and Dreams Universe (a game that lets you create games and I'm making Bible-based games)

I believe even in the NW, people will continue to make games and play games.

We got our kids a Switch a couple of weeks ago, and the animal crossing game....I’ve got hooked and spend as much time playing it as them 🤪 

For the PS4 we have Mine craft (which can be played in peaceful mode),  CTR (racing game) the Lego games And then some that have been downloaded like Fall guys.

Anno has a bigger scale, I'm more for very local, organic town building... Peaceful. Just to picture myself in Paradise.

Even Kingdoms reborn is a little bit too big for me.

Life is feudal : forest village is another good example (but almost a dead game, unfortunate)

Edited by Dages

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Pjdriver said:

I wonder,  in the new world, will there be any competitive type games?

sports like basketball or baseball? Will they be a thing of the past?

Of course most games are competitive unless your playing against the computer. :coffee:

They play basketball, soccer, and hockey at various Bethel facilities. 

Something’s wrong with my mind. I sort of need to do something while mundane things are going on. As in television. Or while I’m forced to wait. I played scrabble with myself using a board and wooden tiles. I read cereal boxes while I ate, as a kid. Waiting at a doctors office? 
YesI play games. Almost all word games. With one exception.  A game where you untangle ropes. Oh, good ol solitaire! 
These games sort of rest my brain. 
And, I’ve always hated competition. Hated it. So, playing against a computer is my cup of tea!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!