JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wooly Rhino find in Russian permafrost

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 998 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The scientist states that from his opinion, it drowned. Very interesting and a coincidence.

Yakutia 24 TV quoted Valery Plotnikov, a paleontologist with the regional branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, as saying the woolly rhino was likely 3- or 4-years-old when it died.

Plotnikov said the young rhino likely drowned.

https://apnews.com/article/science-arctic-animals-russia-3dc5c20b1360c5541ce8f2314c4f54a8

wooly_mammoth_find.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Wooly Rhino went extinct 14000 years ago. The Flood was was about 4500 years ago.:coffee:

Maybe it fell thru the ice. :shrugs:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

Wooly Rhino went extinct 14000 years ago. The Flood was was about 4500 years ago.:coffee:

Maybe it fell thru the ice. :shrugs:

Sure way to tell...

Just check its jaws.  

Does it have snow...or grass

stuck in its teeth?  :toothbrush:

:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Sure way to tell...
Just check its jaws.  
Does it have snow...or grass
stuck in its teeth?  :toothbrush:

How would it have snow stuck in its teeth? These animals fed on grass and other plants. As many animals up these still do.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

37 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

How would it have snow stuck in its teeth? 

Because the woolly rhino in Brother Burt's joke just fell through the ice with its mouth open?

Because ice is often covered with snow?  

I was just continuing the joke.  

Apparently I'm not very good at it.  302869449_Embarassedshrug.gif.ce4598568094f44481f6363fef29be32.gif

1062812788_LaughingCrackup.gif.934116d1bd20a4bcb3086df1e0b02214.gif

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Because the woolly rhino in Brother Burt's joke just fell through the ice with its mouth open?

Because ice is often covered with snow?  

I was just continuing the joke.  

Apparently I'm not very good at it.  302869449_Embarassedshrug.gif.ce4598568094f44481f6363fef29be32.gif

1062812788_LaughingCrackup.gif.934116d1bd20a4bcb3086df1e0b02214.gif

The funny part is, I didn’t mean it as a joke :laugh:.

I was just making a suggestion on how it may have drown. :shrugs:

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 minute ago, Pjdriver said:

The funny part is, I didn’t mean it’s a joke :laugh:.

I was just making a suggestion on how it may have drown. :shrugs:

It is an excellent, and most logical, suggestion. 1175586566_YESGrin.GIF.73b2b7da0fd78eeaf4e876306250ce3b.GIF  

On 12/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, AH173 said:

Plotnikov said the young rhino likely drowned.

I just thought you were being sarcastic.  My bad. :D 

My comment, about checking the woolly rhino's teeth,

is the result of reading comments from scientists 

on how the weather in the arctic had to have changed very abruptly, 

and very drastically, because animals were being found frozen in the ice, 

with bits of GRASS still in their mouths. 

Like, whatever happened occurred so fast that they must have died right in mid-chew.  

Like, whatever happened occurred so fast that they must have died right in mid-chew.  

Ever see The Day After Tomorrow ??

Before and After The Day After Tomorrow: A U.S. Study of Climate Change  Risk Perception. - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

Hollywood in Vienna

image.png.c57833a1b810c5de99ad36d06e5e27a4.png

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Ever see The Day After Tomorrow ??

I would need a time machine.   :poke:  :lol1:

Thanks for the reference, I’ll watch it. :)

• 6 months later...

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

15 hours ago, AH173 said:

Very cool literally! They were saying maybe it died in a mudslide and froze really quickly. Interesting as the climate warms so many of these animals are being found frozen solid and preserved. Must have been some big cataclysmic event to do that.

Very cool literally! They were saying maybe it died in a mudslide and froze really quickly. Interesting as the climate warms so many of these animals are being found frozen solid and preserved. Must have been some big cataclysmic event to do that.

They were not frozen at the same time, though. In some cases several thousands of years between them.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 8/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, Thesauron said:

They were not frozen at the same time, though. In some cases several thousands of years between them.

What dating method are they using?  Do we still view carbon dating with skepticism?  I’ve never trusted the world’s dating methods due to their dating of how long humans have existed etc. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

What dating method are they using?  Do we still view carbon dating with skepticism?  I’ve never trusted the world’s dating methods due to their dating of how long humans have existed etc. 

Whatever method they used, Im sure you can easily google it, they did not find evidence for these animals being wiped out all at once.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I’ve had a look on google but I can’t find anything about these animals being frozen at different times, do you have any links? I had always thought it possible that they ended up there due to the flood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Matthew said:

I’ve had a look on google but I can’t find anything about these animals being frozen at different times, do you have any links? I had always thought it possible that they ended up there due to the flood

Yes that is correct, and yes I would be very skeptical with beyond 5000 years carbon dating, you can get a whole lot of different readings from the remains of animals that died the same time.

4 hours ago, Matthew said:

I’ve had a look on google but I can’t find anything about these animals being frozen at different times, do you have any links? I had always thought it possible that they ended up there due to the flood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you find any indication they were frozen at the same

Yes that is correct, and yes I would be very skeptical with beyond 5000 years carbon dating, you can get a whole lot of different readings from the remains of animals that died the same time.

It is not impossible that they dies off long before Adam came on the scene.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It is not impossible that they dies off long before Adam came on the scene.

Majority of Animals and vegetation frozen in permafrost are result of the global flood, it makes perfect sense, i only base my information from what is found in our publications

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/ce

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/awake/awake-1986/september-22