JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pictures from WT study edition for May&June

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1150 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Maybe the bottom 3 is dealing with Satan's traps/snares. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I think the magazines are prepared with over one year in advance.

In the MWM, which seems to be a bit more flexible since it's shorter and has less text to translate, only recently we have begun receiving some videos about witnessing by telephone and methods other than house to house.

It's good to have our basic spiritual food prepared so much in advance because it guarantees that we will receive it even if some disruption happens. But the price is that it can't be adapted so quickly to changes. We have JW Broadcasting for that. :)

Edited by carlos

Looks like we are getting back to normal .

Normal, yes, but not the old normal - a NEW normal. So we are not getting ‘back’ to normal. Normal these days is ever changing.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Will we ever receive a study with images related to the pandemic? 

I guess by this time the wt's would have been prepared within the confinement period, or am I wrong and they are prepared way before?

In our latest GB update 2021 #1 it was stated that under normal conditions they were preparing a Watchtower issue in 18 months.  The new program articles on the home page of JW.org are being prepared in 5 weeks.

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

n our latest GB update 2021 #1 it was stated that under normal conditions they were preparing a Watchtower issue in 18 months.  The new program articles on the home page of JW.org are being prepared in 5 weeks.

Brother John, You just beat me by 2 minutes :D I was going to post it. 

By the way, I always wanted to know how long it takes, Thanks to GB updates we learn a lot of interesting stuff. Do you think starting now there are going to be 12 updates eve4y year?

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

In our latest GB update 2021 #1 it was stated that under normal conditions they were preparing a Watchtower issue in 18 months.  The new program articles on the home page of JW.org are being prepared in 5 weeks.

So, it means that the total time need to prepare a WT from start to finish is 18 months. The latest WT that got out (April 2021) would have started then around August 2019

But the initial part should be deciding which themes to include, which photos, etc... the act of writing the articles would have been further down the line... So, If they don't decid to avoid the topic, maybe we'll have articles about or touching the pandemic before the summer 🤔

1 minute ago, jayrtom said:

So, it means that the total time need to prepare a WT from start to finish is 18 months. The latest WT that got out (April 2021) would have started then around August 2019

But the initial part should be deciding which themes to include, which photos, etc... the act of writing the articles would have been further down the line... So, If they don't decid to avoid the topic, maybe we'll have articles about or touching the pandemic before the summer 🤔

Of course, the elders were given instructions to 'adjust' or 'adapt' the flavor or expressions of the printed or video expressions or illustrations to show the application in the "real" world of the pandemic.  This includes the settings in the Midweek School presentations. So I guess that more of the regular door-to-door pictures are still in the pipeline.

3 hours ago, On the huh said:

In the GB update, the brother said that normally preparing one issue of Watchtower or Awake can take more than 18 months.

I think he was referring to the public editions of the magazines, not the study editions.

Do you think the study issues take more or less time.  There are 48 pages per year for the public WT and 48 more pages per year for the Awake. (total 96 pages)

We have almost 200 pages for the years Study Watchtower.

35 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Do you think the study issues take more or less time.  There are 48 pages per year for the public WT and 48 more pages per year for the Awake. (total 96 pages)

We have almost 200 pages for the years Study Watchtower.

Have you noticed though that some of the study articles are recycled?  I’ve noticed that some of them are almost exact repeats from time to time. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Have you noticed though that some of the study articles are recycled?  I’ve noticed that some of them are almost exact repeats from time to time. 

Yes, not recycled though. The brothers spend as much time on them as they do other articles. The research is done all over again to make sure that it is still up to date. Some things are adjusted. And when translated, they are translated from scratch.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 1/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, Bosko said:

two elders give advice to a brother?

Definatly advising a brother

thats my opinion

before he gets into a snare

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, jayrtom said:

And this pandemic looks like it’s gonna stay for quite a while

scientists say it will last this whole year even with vaccination programs

On 1/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, Bosko said:

We may receive instructions on how to use the new book in a Bible study.

How exciting!!🤗🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, BLEmom said:

Good...., because I keep forgetting a lot, repeating the information helps me to solidify the truth. 
And as other comments already indicated, brothers spend a lot of time on those articles, regardless when the information was printed. 
Spiritual food can be compared to physical one, because we had chocolate once we don’t say... I won’t eat chocolate again, I had it once and it’s enough. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

And this pandemic looks like it’s gonna stay for quite a while

scientists say it will last this whole year even with vaccination programs

How exciting!!🤗🤗

2021440_univ_cnt_3_md.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, Bosko said:

Just a few ...

2021404_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg

How and when to preach when there is no one at home ...

2021440_univ_cnt_1_md.jpg

We may receive instructions on how to use the new book in a Bible study.

2021445_univ_cnt_1_md.jpg

This picture caught my eye.
This first picture is elders meeting or two elders give advice to a brother?

For me, the first image is about three elders and one in the middle is not accepting a direction fron slave. that's a lace of satan