JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - March 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks to all for your reactions! It's good to read I'm not the only one feeling like this from time to time!

A little sidenote I want to make: those feelings have absolutely nothing to do with appreciation for the spiritual food we receive. That's a really too simplified way of presenting things.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Fiona said:

Im sorry. I cannot imagine loosing my husband. As im getting older I think of that all the time now. I can only say I'm so sorry. I should include ones like yourself in my prayers. And I will.
You have every right to feel sad. Much love.
Xxxxx

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you so much it’s just tough...😔xxx

While being single can be trying sometimes, especially if it is not of our own choice, marriage is the union of two imperfect people. The hope is that they should form a family that can be a pillar in the congregation. So when they work as they ought to, you have a chance to shine as well. So it is not anything to wonder about that the Governing Body. This does not mean that the advice given to married couples are without value for single persons. The advice usually works in our dealings with our fellow publishers in the congregation.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm normally eager to watch the monthly broadcasts, but when I found out the subject of this month's, I'm like ugh, and found something else.  Don't get me wrong, I will watch it, I haven't missed a broadcast yet, and this isn't the first time the subject has been used and I watched that one. 

Sadly the pandemic has put a great strain on families and couples. The broadcast is both encouragement for couples and also a form of discipline. Lots of good counsel for improvement is presented in a loving way. Jehovah gives food at the proper time. So if you are disappointed a little in the topic, perhaps we can beg Jehovah for the help and encouragement we need as single ones to cope, endure, and put up with our trials and tribulations. 

Jehovah does understand how hard single ones, single parents, divorced, separated, and widowed ones have.  Psalms 72:12 For he will rescue the poor who cry for help, Also the lowly one and whoever has no helper.

Job teaches us to reach out to those who need help. Job 29:12 For I would rescue the poor who cried for help, Along with the fatherless child and anyone who had no helper

Is there anyone you can rescue?  

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

I'm normally eager to watch the monthly broadcasts, but when I found out the subject of this month's, I'm like ugh, and found something else.  Don't get me wrong, I will watch it, I haven't missed a broadcast yet, and this isn't the first time the subject has been used and I watched that one. 

You will not regret it when you do watch it. It has some great gems for you too, I’m sure.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So it is not anything to wonder about that the Governing Body.

This got cut out somehow:

So it is not anything to wonder about that the Governing Body picks a program that focuses on building up and strengthening families.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, On the huh said:

I watched a British crime drama.. 🤓  I'll probably watch the Broadcast when I can during the day.. not at dark/lonely night.. 😔

I'm a widowed sister also.  Sometimes the parts on marriage is difficult for me also but this month's broadcast was so good! Loved the experiences of our brothers.  The illustration of the couple ice skating was spot on!  

Satan continues to attack and undermine everything that is sacred to Jehovah.  Marriage is one of those sacred things.  In satan's world, seems like marriages are now more common among the homosexual communities than any other group.  What a slap in Jehovah's face.  So I'm thankful that Jehovah continues to safeguard what is sacred to him just as he continues to safeguard all of us with his loving standards and reminders.   

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, Adam! said:

It maybe me, but the one with Stephen Lett looks a bit more like the "platform" blue they used for the convention.

Could it be that we will receive a pre-recorded morning worship programme for the Memorial?

Yes brorher, you're probably right.

Because we have 5 pictures and only 4 weeks 😃

Edited by Bosko

2 hours ago, Adam! said:

It maybe me, but the one with Stephen Lett looks a bit more like the "platform" blue they used for the convention.

Could it be that we will receive a pre-recorded morning worship programme for the Memorial?

Bro Splane gave a lovely Memorial themed talk this time last year.

Although yes the broadcast is focused on married couples, learning how to communicate properly is one of the key successes in life. Because even mature Christians have experienced a breakdown in family communication, and a failure to "listen", leading some sadly to divorce. A failure to communicate properly in the family can extend outside and into interpersonal relationships with those  in the congregation, at work, etc. Even from brother to brother, if one is not respected or valued, or if a sister is treated harshly or talked down to impatiently and not lovingly treated, this can lead to different problems. Tainted with human imperfection, failure to communicate properly and applying the fruitages of the spirit, but instead selfishly thinking of one's own interests, can have a negative ripple effect in many areas of life. 

So I think the broadcast, although yes focused specifically on married couples, can benefit all on how to communicate in life, and within our spiritual family.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

I was hoping for a more dramatic announcement🙃.   However, this was good.  It seems that if the GB focused on this its because there is a need for it.  With this lockdown for about a year now your significant other can be more like a nuisance then your mate.  Couples are in each others space more often.  Jobs are lost and finances can be a cause for friction.  Or, your husband now wants to be a chef. (In your kitchen). 😐  With this lockdown now a little over a year you get to really know your mate. 

I inherited a Bombay cat from my youngest daughter that could not take care of it.  She flew back to CA and left the cat behind.  Well, that was a blessing because my husband loves him.  So, he's got a new pal now.  Lol. 

We have gotten some messages at the hall (my husband and I check it 2x a week) and we had a gentleman call and complained about his wife having an affair.  So, lots going on in this lockdown.  Stay cool friends.  We are almost there.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

I like the new song. The music great!  

brother in E version has a Sinatra accent doesnt he? :D

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Brother Johnson’s experience was great. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a convention a while back and he was just happy to talk to the friends. In his talks you can tell that he has a deep love for Jehovah and for the friends. He spoke from the heart. Truly reminds us how valuable our elderly brothers and sisters are. They may not know the newest technology or understand everything about JW Library or another app but their experiences can help all of us. They are a treasure that we need to appreciate. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from them just by spending time with them and they’ll love the company and attention you give them. 

26 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

Brother Johnson’s experience was great.

I was told today that Bro Johnson was very involved in purchasing the first building that was used as an Assembly Hall and was part of the committee for many years. He is part of 'Assembly Hall' history.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Tortuga said:

I was told today that Bro Johnson was very involved in purchasing the first building that was used as an Assembly Hall and was part of the committee for many years. He is part of 'Assembly Hall' history.

Wow. That’s pretty incredible. Where is this assembly hall?

12 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101985768?q=stanley&p=par

A Historic Landmark Becomes an Assembly Hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses

WHEN the new Stanley Theater was opened in Journal Square, Jersey City, on March 24, 1928, it was one of the largest in the United States. Its beauty drew high praises, particularly its exquisite interior with its Italian facade. “If you have ever traveled to Italy, . . . where the picturesque villas and colorful courts remind us of the artistic glory that was Rome’s,” noted one early reporter, “then you can have an inkling of the interior of this new Stanley Theatre.”

@tortuga

correct me if Im wrong please.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, MM9106 said:

I was told it was in Queens New York. I don't know if it is still used or not.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D