JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In awe of God's creation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1138 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/21/well/move/weight-training-fat.html    July 21, 2021

Lifting Weights? Your Fat Cells Would Like to Have a Word

A cellular chat after your workout may explain in part why weight training burns fat.

Sophisticated experiments show that muscles, for instance, release a cascade of hormones and other proteins after exercise that enter the bloodstream, course along to various organs and trigger biochemical reactions there, in a process known as cellular crosstalk.

Our tissues also may pump out tiny bubbles, known as vesicles, during crosstalk. Once considered microscopic trash bags, stuffed with cellular debris, vesicles now are known to contain active, healthy genetic material and other substances. Released into the bloodstream, they relay this biological matter from one tissue to another, like minuscule messages in bottles.

Spoiler

So, for the new study, which was published in May in The FASEB Journal, from the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, the researchers decided to examine the cells of bodybuilding mice. They first experimentally incapacitated several of the leg muscles in healthy adult mice, leaving a single muscle to carry all the physical demands of movement. That muscle swiftly hypertrophied, or bulked up, providing an accelerated version of resistance training.

Before their improvised weight training, the rodents’ leg muscles had teemed with a particular snippet of genetic material, known as miR-1, that modulates muscle growth. In normal, untrained muscles, miR-1, one of a group of tiny strands of genetic material known as microRNA, keeps a brake on muscle building.

After the rodents’ resistance exercise, which consisted of walking around, though, the animals’ leg muscles appeared depleted of miR-1. At the same time, the vesicles in their bloodstream now thronged with the stuff, as did nearby fat tissue. It seems, the scientists concluded, that the animals’ muscle cells somehow packed those bits of microRNA that retard hypertrophy into vesicles and posted them to neighboring fat cells, which then allowed the muscles immediately to grow.

....they marked vesicles from weight-trained mice with a fluorescent dye, injected them into untrained animals, and tracked the glowing bubbles’ paths. The vesicles homed in on fat, the scientists saw, then dissolved and deposited their miR-1 cargo there.

Soon after, some of the genes in the fat cells went into overdrive. These genes help direct the breakdown of fat into fatty acids, which other cells then can use as fuel, reducing fat stores. In effect, weight training was shrinking fat in mice by creating vesicles in muscles that, through genetic signals, told the fat it was time to break itself apart.

It seems, the scientists concluded, that the animals’ muscle cells somehow packed those bits of microRNA that retard hypertrophy into vesicles and posted them to neighboring fat cells, which then allowed the muscles immediately to grow.

image.png.0381fa9ffda065dee3deaaa36d828b60.png

Edited by happiness IS

16 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Jehovah did not make us lazy, we will be busy in the NW. Picking up and eating chocolate will burn my calories.

Will chocolate be on the ground like manna? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

Why on earth red blood cells in our body look like donuts?

You are what you eat....🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

My only questions is: Why on earth red blood cells in our body look like donuts? My recent blood test raveled perfect blood results ..hmm, I think I know why... :whistling:LOL

main-qimg-a0da122c0853bef7d4c28f58409c8a19.jpg

Wait until you read the recent theories about the universe being donut shaped :D

On 7/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, New World Explorer said:

My only questions is: Why on earth red blood cells in our body look like donuts? My recent blood test raveled perfect blood results ..hmm, I think I know why... :whistling:LOL

main-qimg-a0da122c0853bef7d4c28f58409c8a19.jpg

I was just going to ask, reading about the hope for chocolate like manna, when the subject of donuts was going to come up, and here it is! 🤣

1 hour ago, Ludwika said:

I was just going to ask, reading about the hope for chocolate like manna, when the subject of donuts was going to come up, and here it is! 🤣

I am very reliable LOL :whistling:🤣

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I've always been a bit limited with respect to physical condition (running, skipping motor coordination) In the new world, I will be able to use my body freely and feel the freedom to move without my body not responding to what I want.

I always wanted to have more strength and be faster (laughs) 😅

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)