JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 966 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, 7wonders said:

I noticed we had and update to the "Study Bible".  Does anyone know when the next release will be?  I have Matthew through Acts.  

The special printing of the Gold "Study Bible" is just Matthew to Acts".  But our 'regular' digital Bible is called the "Study Bible" and it has all of the books from Genesis to Revelation.  Every so often they update or upgrade a bible book with special reference material and the Bible book shows a "diamond" or Gem icon next to the name.  We now have such icons for Matthew through 2 Thessalonians.

I am sure they will continue to update the digital version for all the Bible books if there is enough time in this old system.  Whether they ever print a new "Study Bible" or add to the printed version (with books after Acts) is unknown.  But remember, the Bible we use every day in our meetings is the "Study Bible"...💗

Note the screenshot of my regular Bible in the JW Library app.  It is open to the Bible book selection contents.  All of the books are shown and at the top of the page and to the right of the page it is called the "Study Bible.  This is what was updated.

Screenshot (8).png

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Whether they ever print a new "Study Bible" or add to the printed version (with books after Acts) is unknown.

It is anticipated that this will happen. The publication code for the printed Study Bible of Matthew-Acts is nwtsty1. There would be no need to add the “1” at the end of the code if that was the only edition they were planning. The thing that is uncertain is what the next complication to be printed will contain. Will it be the writings of Paul, Romans to Hebrews? Or will it be all the remaining books of the Christian Greek Scriptures? At any rate, the study notes will be released digitally first before they are compiled into the printed edition.

Matthew to Acts may be only 5 books, but they make up over half of the Greek Scriptures.  In our regular NWT, they cover about 200 pages.  Whereas Romans to Revelations are less than 200 pages.  Or course, the amount of study notes will vary, and that will have an affect on the next volume.  But I can easily see that volume 2 will be Romans to Revelation.  Or volumes 2 and 3 will be smaller volumes.  A volume with the writings of Paul, Romans to Hebrews would be a good one.

Matthew to Acts may be only 5 books, but they make up over half of the Greek Scriptures.  In our regular NWT, they cover about 200 pages.  Whereas Romans to Revelations are less than 200 pages.  Or course, the amount of study notes will vary, and that will have an affect on the next volume.  But I can easily see that volume 2 will be Romans to Revelation.  Or volumes 2 and 3 will be smaller volumes.  A volume with the writings of Paul, Romans to Hebrews would be a good one.

Would it not be appropriate to focus on making the Study Bible available in other languages before talking about an English volume 2? No other language has any printed editions, as far as I know, and these Bibles takes up a lot of slots at the printeries.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 hours ago, jwhess said:

And once the English speaking brothers had their "Printed" version through Revelation, the next morning we would be wondering where Genesis was....💗

Are you saying we have to wait until the next morning before we begin wondering.  🤣  LOL  I couldn't resist.  :)  

Personally I was very excited when I received the gold physical Study Bible, but I never use it.  I always am writing notes in the digital edition, and I use that for my personal study.  

I feel a bit guilty about having ordered the gold edition.  I excitedly wrote my name in it, too, so it's not like I can give it away.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, LRJW said:

Personally I was very excited when I received the gold physical Study Bible, but I never use it.  I always am writing notes in the digital edition, and I use that for my personal study.  

I feel a bit guilty about having ordered the gold edition.  I excitedly wrote my name in it, too, so it's not like I can give it away.  :(

I think if it is not used with marks etc, you can stick a nice piece of paper and give it as a gift (maybe to someone who prefers to use the printed version, or an elderly person :)

On 8/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, On the huh said:

Yes, maybe the 2 volume will be a Romans to Revelation. It is a clearly defined cost to print such a Bible (perhaps even more expensive than a large size of grey edition).

The Study Bible in English has just received an update (99 MB for ipad).  😄

I can't see what has been updated as we already had the Notes for 1 & 2 Thessalonians,  any ideas?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

5 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

The Study Bible in English has just received an update (99 MB for ipad).  😄

I can't see what has been updated as we already had the Notes for 1 & 2 Thessalonians,  any ideas?

Joshua...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Joshua...

The MP3 for Joshua has been available for over a week now, but that doesn’t require an update. My guess is a few new illustrations have been added and some noted added or changed/updated.

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Joshua...

Of course, we now have the intro. video.  Only 8 more intro. videos to go ~ Judges to 2 Chronicles.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

It seems that most of the updates are the same size, 118mb, is that possibly the catalog file being updated? The media files are downloaded separately, so the update doesn't seem to be the media files themselves.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D