2 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

cars are super expensive

You Are Right Justin Trudeau GIF by GIPHY News

2 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Even for cars that cost 10K, they are 8 years old and have 100K miles

the matrix no GIF

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It’s a crazy market right now. We just sold a Subaru Legacy. Any car is sort of hard to come by. It’s a computer chip thing. When we were talking about selling the car earlier, it’s worth was okay, but not impressive. We just sold it for an outrageous price, and it was not the upper level of what it was worth. 
So we sold the car, and had to order one. It will be about two months. 
Yes, cars are expensive. But, if this computer chip is taken care of, it should level off. I hope. 
But, this system is upside down. I don’t know if it will, “right itself”, before the end of this system. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I don't see vehicles in our forever future. We will have a hard time getting rid of the unusable ones, as it is. And, then, I look at the vehicles they use to keep our highways repaired. Nor do I see these behemoth things in our future.

I see Jehovah surprising us. In a big way. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

22 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I don't see vehicles in our forever future. We will have a hard time getting rid of the unusable ones, as it is. And, then, I look at the vehicles they use to keep our highways repaired. Nor do I see these behemoth things in our future.

I see Jehovah surprising us. In a big way. 

Horses work just fine.  And you are more in touch with creation.  And each other...  :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Horses work just fine.  And you are more in touch with creation.  And each other...  :thumbsup:

They're nice for pleasure- I love horses. But if I need to get somewhere quickly, have parcels, if it's cold, hot, raining, snowing, don't have a lot of space, a vehicle is much more attractive to me. 

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

They're nice for pleasure- I love horses. But if I need to get somewhere quickly, have parcels, if it's cold, hot, raining, snowing, don't have a lot of space, a vehicle is much more attractive to me. 

If we have to use horses in the NS then I want an enclosed chariot with leather interior and air conditioning..😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

If we have to use horses in the NS then I want an enclosed chariot with leather interior and air conditioning..😁

Maybe something a little sporty...

Screenshot_20211019-085657_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61a23737a3f79bff0b79d43bdfbabf25.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

This we knick-named "the chariot". An adult passenger seat on the back of an e-bike. 🤗 Works great.

120 pound weight limit. That...uh...leaves me out...:whistling:

5 hours ago, computerwiz said:

That is certainly true, as an example look at a grocery store parking lot where the Amish tether there horse drawn vehicles. Hold your nose, try not to slip and no Nikes please.

Not my favorite communal experience. I think that is why Jehovah forbade the Israelites Kings from "acquiring many horses."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I am looking to cash in on my 2015 F150 crew cab. It is worth retail $30,500 in Canada dollars and about the same in US in US dollars. That is about what I paid 3 years ago.

Looking at something smaller like the Escape not 1.5 3 cylinder nor 4 cylinder. Would like to get the hybrid but 2020-21 maybe out of my reach.

So much for belonging to a low income religion! Being low income senior doesn't help either. 😪

Edited by pnutts

correct auto correct

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

We've mostly bought 2000-2010 cars/trucks for between $2,500-6,500. We've found Hyundai to be relatively cheaper and pretty reliable for our area. If you need a car, definitely pray about it, and be a little flexible. We feel Jehovah helped us find what we needed and could afford. 

If I'm looking at ads like on OfferUp, I try to look for detailed ads and discern if people are honest and took care of the maintenance. If they did, mileage might be a lesser factor. Also, you can get a car checked by a mechanic before you buy it-it costs money but it can save money in the end.

Edited by boodles

It's not just a chip shortage! - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-14/aluminum-makers-sound-the-alarm-about-u-s-magnesium-shortage

Aluminum Makers Sound the Alarm About U.S. Magnesium Shortage

There’s a widening scarcity of essential raw materials for aluminum used to make automobiles and building supplies that threatens to worsen a supply squeeze that already has pushed U.S. prices close to all-time highs. 

Matalco Inc., the largest U.S. producer of aluminum billet, is warning customers it may curtail output and ration deliveries as soon as next year amid a magnesium shortage. Magnesium is used to harden aluminum alloys.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, computerwiz said:

I just looked it up and the average race horse can run 44MPH. It would probably be slower if they were carrying a family in a carriage. And they probably couldn't continue to run that speed for hours like cars can. 

In the new world we could have more ecosystem friendly cars.