JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

THE WATCHTOWER—STUDY EDITION February 2022

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 810 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Maybe Jehovah disposed them. By ant-matter. 

Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101971020&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=26

The brothers have postulated that is a possibility...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Dove said:

What happened to the 185,000 the angel struck down in one night...who disposed of them?

Bible doesn't say. That's why my curiosity about billions of dead bodies worldwide- not just on a local battlefield 🤷🏽‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

Bible doesn't say. That's why my curiosity about billions of dead bodies worldwide- not just on a local battlefield 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question, just food for thought. However Jehovah took care of that could be the same after A.

There are other instances too, someone mentioned the Flood. Even a battlefield, as you say. There were many wars..unless everyone took their loved ones home for burial..fortunately it's not something we will need to be concerned with.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

14 hours ago, Hope said:

Dead bodies - I'm curious how Jehovah will handle all that

star trek bones GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, Dages said:

Par 18:Might we have similar thoughts after the great tribulation comes to its end? We do not know how much work will be involved in removing the effects of the destruction and in gradually making the earth a paradise. Likely, there will be a lot of work to do and some inconveniences at first.

I didnt read that we need to "removing the effects of the destruction" involving dead bodies. If we go into that topic we might make a new one, another place. This page is for publicly visible an I dont think anyone wants to "stumble" (2 Corintians 6:3) anyone. Thats my humble taughts.

20 hours ago, Jonadab said:

We must not complain like the Israelites when they left Egypt wanting what they had, like onions, leeks. we must be satisfied and have patience after Armageddon, we have a lot of work to do.

My husband has always said that, too.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Here some info in older in publications. https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=antimatter

This is interesting: In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21Your Will Be Done on Earth” 1960. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

21 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Even when they got to the promised land they had a lot of work to do. https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&bible=06017018&pub=nwtsty

Bt. Richard, as we enter the New World, it will be the greatest opportunity imperfect humans ever had.  There is a famous quote from Thomas Edison...

“The reason most people do not recognize an opportunity when they meet it is because it usually dressed in overalls and looks like Hard Work.”

Some say Edison never said it and there are various renderings.  But it seems to have a place in our discussion about our future opportunities.  Will we respond correctly and trust Jehovah and Jesus?

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

as we enter the New World, it will be the greatest opportunity imperfect humans ever had. 

I like seeing progressive results over period of time, so working hard from scratch and seeing things unfolding is something that I am looking forward to. 

They say...time flies when you have fun ...and I believe that hard work in the beginning will have aspects of fun as well. 

Building Paradise from "nada" will have it's own rewards, especially when looking back on progress we have made. :cowboy:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

16 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Yet another facet to these situations is exactly how Jehovah’s judgments on individuals are going to be communicated at that time. It might be easier to accept these decisions if a voice from heaven announced everyone’s fate, but that might not be the way it pans out.

I imagine when Jesus judges the sheep and the goats, Jehovah may use his Holy Spirit to let everyone know what their judgement is. Similar to how Jehovah uses his spirit to let the anointed know without a shadow of a doubt that they are selected/anointed.

Or maybe not… maybe we’ll all discern what our judgement is based on our past actions.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

15 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Here some info in older in publications. https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=antimatter

I know what antimatter his, you wrote ant matter :lol1:

11 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

This is interesting: In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21Your Will Be Done on Earth” 1960. 

I seriously doubt any sort of thing would be done as there are fare more simpler solutions. 1st when there is matter/antimatter annihilation there is the release of energy correspondent to the ammount of mass combined. For example for 1g of matter and 1g of antimatter annihilation there would be a resulting explosion correspondent to the Hiroshima atomic bomb!!!

2nd for such rain of antimatter to exist during it's travel it would need to be isolated from any matter on the path from it's origin to the destination, which is impossible and would detonate atomic bombs just by touching the air

There are theoretical ideas for the use of antimatter as guns but the antimatter must be contained in a complex vessel

Also, when creating antimatter one must create also matter and spend energy doing it

So, using antimatter as a means of destruction of the unjusts would require several miracles and Jehovah wouldn't do that if he can do something simpler like the decomposition of the dead bodies and turning them into "dust"

As for the corpses, the solution has already been determined!

Revelation 19:17,18 I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,   so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them, and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”

14 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

As for the corpses, the solution has already been determined!

Revelation 19:17,18 I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,   so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them, and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”

That scripture did come into my mind and then ... Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

8 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I seriously doubt any sort of thing would be done as there are fare more simpler solutions. 1st when there is matter/antimatter annihilation there is the release of energy correspondent to the ammount of mass combined. For example for 1g of matter and 1g of antimatter annihilation there would be a resulting explosion correspondent to the Hiroshima atomic bomb!!!

2nd for such rain of antimatter to exist during it's travel it would need to be isolated from any matter on the path from it's origin to the destination, which is impossible and would detonate atomic bombs just by touching the air

There are theoretical ideas for the use of antimatter as guns but the antimatter must be contained in a complex vessel

Also, when creating antimatter one must create also matter and spend energy doing it

So, using antimatter as a means of destruction of the unjusts would require several miracles and Jehovah wouldn't do that if he can do something simpler like the decomposition of the dead bodies and turning them into "dust"

I think many have mis understood me.  My point from the beginning is I was referring Jehovah using antimatter to get rid of the dead who are buried in the graveyards. I do not think Jehovah going to ask us to dig them up. If so, have fun.

Many of our pictures and artwork show Armageddon destroying cities in "flames".  Since a large part of the Earth's population live in cities, perhaps the destruction in flames will solve most of the problem of dead bodies.

Here is a clip of the picture on page 243 in the "Learn From the Great Teacher" book for our young ones.  It is the bottom half of the picture.

We have a similar view depicted in our new "Pure Worship" book in Chapter 18, pages 196-197.

arm1.JPG

9 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I seriously doubt any sort of thing would be done as there are fare more simpler solutions.  Jehovah wouldn't do that if he can do something simpler like the decomposition of the dead bodies and turning them into "dust"

Accelerated decomposition.  It makes sense.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

Many of our pictures and artwork show Armageddon destroying cities in "flames".  Since a large part of the Earth's population live in cities, perhaps the destruction in flames will solve most of the problem of dead bodies.

Here is a clip of the picture on page 243 in the "Learn From the Great Teacher" book for our young ones.  It is the bottom half of the picture.

We have a similar view depicted in our new "Pure Worship" book in Chapter 18, pages 196-197.

arm1.JPG

Personally in the pages of 196-197, in Pure Worship book, I believe all the fire in the background is from down power lines. Just my guess.  All, stay  away from down power lines at Armageddon.

30 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Personally in the pages of 196-197, in Pure Worship book, I believe all the fire in the background is from down power lines. Just my guess.  All, stay  away from down power lines at Armageddon.

Maybe you like this picture from the May 2015 Public Watchtower (page 3).. Not a dead body in sight on the clean grass but in the background is "fiery destruction"....🙂

2015322_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg

(Edited by moderation : you can use original pictures with a link to the original page on jw.org)

Edited by Dages

18 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Oh..good, so maybe there is hope that power and wi-fi will be functioning to the last moment, and we can be connected on the forum :D

My last post on the forum during GT will be like that.... Friends, what a ride GT almost over ..! power lines are catching fire - Armageddon is here...see you on the other side! LOL