JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

THE WATCHTOWER—STUDY EDITION February 2022

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Oh..good, so maybe there is hope that power and wi-fi will be functioning to the last moment, and we can be connected on the forum :D

My last post on the forum during GT will be like that.... Friends, what a ride GT almost over ..! power lines are catching fire - Armageddon is here...see you on the other side! LOL 

Sorry Greg, that image doesn't show anyone on an electronic device...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/23/2021 at 10:56 PM, Loopy said:

I like the last sentence of paragraph 7 in the first article where it says: “The plain truth is that we cannot say that we trust in Jehovah if we do not trust in his earthly representatives—those whom Jehovah trusts.” 

Arent we being prepared to accept the other sheep leadership after GB dies? I can see that

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 11/23/2021 at 11:10 PM, Dustparticle said:

I might be digging up dead bodies in cemeteries.

That was taught on the paper version from book "“The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah”—How?" page 373.

That´s not on the online version (on line it´s updated)

13 This is not to be understood as meaning that his Christian witnesses whom Jehovah preserves through the “great tribulation” upon this system of things will be gravediggers and corpse buriers for the opening seven months of the righteous new system of things upon this earth. Its taking so many months to bury Gog’s crowd is merely a picture to portray the vastness of the crowd of ungodly people who will perish in the destruction of this system of things, as well as the fewness of those whom Jehovah preserves alive on earth. Furthermore, as corpses were unclean in Israel, the burying of the corpses of Gog’s crowd results in cleansing the land and signifies that this earth will be purified from all defilement by the ungodly servants of Satan the Devil alias Gog. Nothing of them will be left to defile the “new earth.”—2 Peter 3:13.

and on page 378:

22. Jehovah’s letting the slain lie exposed on the ground to be consumed by scavengers indicates what concerning their future, and how might Jehovah dispose of the surplus of dead bodies?

22 The fact that Jehovah leaves the bodies of those slain at the defeat of Gog’s attack lying exposed on the ground for birds and wild beasts to gorge themselves upon symbolizes that they will not be laid in respected memorial tombs in hope of a resurrection for them. The unburied dead, “those slain by Jehovah,” will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the “war of the great day” to see and witness. We remember that Noah and his seven fellow survivors of the global Deluge were not burdened with burying the human victims of that world catastrophe after they came out of the ark and renewed Jehovah’s worship on earth.—Genesis 8:18-22.

I have the paper version still and it states that great croud survivers will bury dead ones....

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 11/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, New World Explorer said:

This is interesting: In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21Your Will Be Done on Earth” 1960. 

is that writen on the paper version too? or just online? 😉 

17 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Arent we being prepared to accept the other sheep leadership after GB dies? I can see that

Absolutely! That’s why I like that sentence. If we can’t follow our elders direction now…even in small things we’re going to be in big trouble later.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

17 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Absolutely! That’s why I like that sentence. If we can’t follow our elders direction now…even in small things we’re going to be in big trouble later.

True and what leadership directs in the NW will be under Christ leadership. It will be  without nepotism, favoritism and stupidity too.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:45 AM, *Jack* said:

Maybe the birds will quickly eat the flesh and then we’ll spend 7 months burying the skeletons? (Ezekiel 39:12,13)

I like the next verses.  Eze 39:14-16...

“14 Men will be assigned to pass through the land constantly and bury the bodies left remaining on the surface of the earth, in order to cleanse it. They will continue the search for seven months.15 When those who pass through the land see a human bone, they will set up a marker beside it. Then those assigned to do the burying will bury it in the Valley of Hamon-Gog.16 And there will also be a city there named Ha·moʹnah. And they will cleanse the land.’"

34 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I like the next verses.  Eze 39:14-16...

“14 Men will be assigned to pass through the land constantly and bury the bodies left remaining on the surface of the earth, in order to cleanse it. They will continue the search for seven months.15 When those who pass through the land see a human bone, they will set up a marker beside it. Then those assigned to do the burying will bury it in the Valley of Hamon-Gog.16 And there will also be a city there named Ha·moʹnah. And they will cleanse the land.’"

That's a grim job, for sure.. 😬

19 minutes ago, Hope said:

That's a grim job, for sure.. 😬

Okay, I already have 6 puns about bones so I'm leaving before I get in trouble...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yes we are. More and more (especially with the AM videos we will enjoy in January).

I like that. It makes the end feels very close.

17 hours ago, Dages said:

Yes we are. More and more (especially with the AM videos we will enjoy in January).

I like that. It makes the end feels very close.

They give us food at the proper time. It wasn’t the time in the 80’s or 90’s to know these specifics… we must be very close. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 5:16 PM, Dustparticle said:

I think many have mis understood me.  My point from the beginning is I was referring Jehovah using antimatter to get rid of the dead who are buried in the graveyards. I do not think Jehovah going to ask us to dig them up. If so, have fun.

Why would anyone want to dig up partially decomposed bodies in the graveyards? Let them enrich the soil. Jehovah will create new bodies for the resurrected (I guess just like Adam's body from the earth)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

2 hours ago, Michał said:

Why would anyone want to dig up partially decomposed bodies in the graveyards? Let them enrich the soil. Jehovah will create new bodies for the resurrected (I guess just like Adam's body from the earth)

Tell the elder that told me that I might digging up dead bodies in the NW.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Tell the elder that told me that I might digging up dead bodies in the NW.

That teaching is obsolete. Even the online version of "the nations shall know that Im jehovah" have corrected that teaching based upon Ez chapter 39