JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lesson 43: Does Jehovah Answer Prayers?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 858 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:55 PM, Danni said:

Am I the only one who noticed Sophia's vaccinated arm? 😃

I noticed it too. But I immediately dismissed the idea of a vaccine. To be honest, I didn't know what it was for. But the thought about her fall when Angela pushed her makes sense. She wasn't wearing that bandage before Angela pushed her, and Sophia is holding her arm at that spot just after she fell.

Woww! I have noticed how the animation has evolved since the beginning of the Caleb and Sophia series! (Am I allowed to use that E word on the forums?) Caleb's appearance has improved over the years.

Caleb1.thumb.jpg.b5ce9cf7067c8149d1dbb87b101ac9d0.jpg Caleb2.thumb.jpg.d13337d475ec8a1af2a2657488f68e24.jpg

Those are a couple of the early screenshots.

Meanwhile, Sophia hasn't changed much during that time.

Sophia1.thumb.jpg.542f0cc9274149963f97f9cf8f585276.jpg Sophia2.thumb.jpg.67213b281d72a9c5e0ce4a5b12bd9b3b.jpg

One thing we can be sure of though: They are never going to grow up!

Edited by Sheep

I thought Caleb looked slightly more grown up to me. I loved the prayer bubbles!!!  Dads face seemed a bit weird looking to me this time. Like more cut down and smooshed looking. I hope they keep up with the Spanish accent!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

My daughter seems to relate to the characters - and they are growing up around the same age, too. 😄 Maybe Sophia and Caleb will continue to grow, become teenagers, and address those issues as they get older. Since a lot of subjects are already covered in their "younger years." The parts about being bullied, thankfully, are not an issue for our daughter, but the feelings of anxiousness, confusion, sadness, courage, happiness, thinking of the heavenly bodies above are very real to the kids. Really great videos!!

Good catch about the vaccinated arm. Will show it to my daughter, too.:hugs:

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

On 1/4/2022 at 1:28 AM, Danni said:

Or could be from the bruise after she fell (when the bully pushed her.) 😅

Do you think cartoon characters get vaccinated "inside" their elbow? Hmmm...maybe?🙂

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

When I first watched the video, I cried my eyes out. I couldn´t understand why, since I don´t really relate to the topic (I´ve never been bullied). Then I thought "well, maybe I was just touched about it in general, it´s such a lovely video with a deep message - and besides, it´s the first time I watched it". So I watched it a second time. Same result :crying:

If we ever going to watch it during one of our meetings, I will have to switch off the camera :lol:

Chrissy :wave:

As a bullied child (in kindergarten & first grade, then grades 6-7), I completely identified with Sophia; didn't cry, though.  

I don't understand the mentality of someone who enjoys hurting someone else.  I wonder what they grow up to be? No one admits *they* were the bully at school.. 😡

The imagination of the team which made the episode is immense. That little girl in Angela's (bully) group is awesome. 😄 It was good and instructive at the same time. I think this kind of content is what is needed now. It is not easy to make an animation (or any movie) that is not only good and fun but (most importantly) also instructive for our young ones!

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

11 minutes ago, Hope said:

I don't understand the mentality of someone who enjoys hurting someone else.  I wonder what they grow up to be? No one admits *they* were the bully at school.. 😡

Often it starts in childhood. When I see some kids and their parents behavior, and lack of discipline, or neglect/rejection, it shows that some behaviors are often rooted in childhood. Bullying can grow into adulthood in the form of gaslighting or narcissism.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

6 hours ago, Hope said:

As a bullied child (in kindergarten & first grade, then grades 6-7), I completely identified with Sophia; didn't cry, though.  

I thought, this is the appeal of the "gang mentality".  To gain control or power over someone else elevates your view of yourself.