JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bethel on lockdown again

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 863 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Not sure if this should go in this thread so feel free to change. But a friend of ours serves in Walkill and Saturday he called and said that Bethel is back on lockdown. Also, my husband and I were scheduled to be on our first LDC project since Covid beginning tomorrow and the project got canceled last night. Has anyone else heard about this or knows any news on LDC projects being postponed? Also wondering if this will delay Ramapo :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Lasheagilbert said:

Not sure if this should go in this thread so feel free to change. But a friend of ours serves in Walkill and Saturday he called and said that Bethel is back on lockdown. Also, my husband and I were scheduled to be on our first LDC project since Covid beginning tomorrow and the project got canceled last night. Has anyone else heard about this or knows any news on LDC projects being postponed? Also wondering if this will delay Ramapo :(

I would not be surprised sis. It is getting crazy again. Stay safe sis. 

37 minutes ago, Lasheagilbert said:

knows any news on LDC projects being postponed?

I think you will get an answer very soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Lasheagilbert said:

Listen to your midweek meeting announcements and listen between the lines.  Our next door neighbors are fulltinime pioneers and LDC workers.  They got sent home from working at the assembly hall maintenance project Friday.

19 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Listen to your midweek meeting announcements and listen between the lines.  Our next door neighbors are fulltinime pioneers and LDC workers.  They got sent home from working at the assembly hall maintenance project Friday.

Sorry, my edit expired.  I think I mixed up the Monthly S-147 Announcement with the Letter to the Elders (which won't be read to the congregation).  So there is not a Covid specific reference.  my apologies.

8 hours ago, Lasheagilbert said:

Has anyone else heard about this or knows any news on LDC projects being postponed

It was announced at our meeting tonight that the pilot program is being expanded but in general all in-person activity is postponed until at least March 1st. So I assumed the LDC start-up date has been moved.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think that we are going to have to get used to "rolling lockdowns" in life in general and its only to be expected the brothers will be equally cautious.  I've not heard of this but like masks, daily latetal flow tests and quarterly injections, the sooner as we get used to these things  being a permanent part of life in this system, the less traumatic for us.

Edited by sunshine

We had a Bethel speaker Sunday and we interviewed him after the meeting.  He explained the lockdown are more voluntary this time.  Bethelites are strongly encouraged to stay on the Bethel campus and to limit contact with others.  They have even been encouraged to not leave Bethel even for medical appointments.  If they do leave, they will have to go into strict quarantine upon return. 

However, they are still meeting together for meals in the Bethel dining area and for family worship.  They just aren't doing much socializing before or after. 

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Sorry (spelling) Rapid lateral flow tests are quick covid tests (saliva) ; I forget that sometimes in Europe we're so much more ahead with things.   

The Antigen Rapid Tests (ART) or lateral flow tests we use in Singapore only needs a nose swab. Its less irritating compared to a PCR throat swab.:sweat:

Singapore has a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) agreement with the US and a PCR test is not required when leaving the US or Singapore. Only an ART test need be done.