JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

14 minutes ago, Paulo said:

China already made its position known and there is no reason to expect it to change at UN.

"China will make its own effort to push for political settlement of the Ukraine issue, and there is a sharp contrast between China's approach and some other countries' moves of creating and shifting the crisis, and trying to benefit from it"

"China has always decided its position and policy based on the facts of the issue at hand and stands on the side of peace and justice. He added that China believes that the Ukraine issue has a complicated history and that the legitimate security concerns of all parties should be respected and the Cold War mentality should be completely abandoned."

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202202/1253216.shtml?id=11

More here

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202202/1253104.shtml?id=11

Yes, but this was before Russia escalated further by putting the nuclear option on the table. Will they join in condemning Russia as one country after another are doing or will they keep their current position?

The nations are challenging that some countries have veto power, something along these lines could be a huge shift enabling the UN to act together and freely. Let´s see what happens.

Edited by Daniel244

This is so fascinating! As we are discussing the issue HERE the events are unfolding as we speak. Just imagine in the first world war and the second......you had to wait until the newspaper came out to find out what was happening....and that info was probably old anyway. In this "connected" world we can see these things going on in "real time". 

Russian and Ukrainian talks have ended in Belarus and the two parties have returned to their capitals for consultations, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's adviser, Mikhaylo Podolyak, told reporters after the talks.

"Ukrainian and Russian delegations held the first round of negotiations. Their main goal was to discuss ceasefire and the end of combat actions on the territory of Ukraine. The parties have determined the topics where certain decisions were mapped out. In order for these decisions to be implemented as roadmap, the parties are returning for consultations to their capitals. The parties discussed holding another round of negotiations where these decisions can develop," he said Monday.

In the last few moments, three large explosions were heard in Kyiv.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

41 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

Hello friends. I am waiting for China´s stand.

China says Russia is "partner", but not "allied" - and should not intervene in conflict
The spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Wang Wenbin, has taken up today that China is a "strategic partner in Russia," but that his relationship is not an alliance, and therefore does not rule for an attitude of " Confrontation ", nor by intervention in a conflict for a third country.

Asked directly if China kept neutral in this conflict, Wang Wenbin did not give a concrete answer, inform The Telegraph, just saying that Beijing "is always on the side of peace and justice."

China hast talked yet at UNGA

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

Yes, but this was before Russia escalated further by putting the nuclear option on the table.

The nuclear option was always on the table according to the russian militar doctrine.

They just made it clear, according to the russian government, after declarations from the UK FM

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

5 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

And that makes all the difference.  No changes in China´s position, not really surprising let´s see what´s going to come out of it.

If that's the bad news from the East, I'm ok with this (jk) :D 

Edited by Dages

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

China spoke just now. Didnt condemn Russia, enforced dialogue and said that all part´s security MUST be preserved.

Wang Yi is China's FM

"On the issue of European security, the legitimate concerns of all countries should be taken seriously, Wang said, adding that following five consecutive rounds of NATO's eastward expansion, Russia's legitimate security concerns should be solved in a proper way.

Given that the Cold War has been over for a long time, Wang said it is necessary for NATO to reconsider its position and responsibilities. China believes the Cold War mentality based on bloc confrontation should be completely abandoned.

China supports NATO, the European Union and Russia resuming dialogue and seeking to build a balanced, effective and sustainable European security mechanism so as to achieve lasting peace and stability on the continent, he said."

http://en.people.cn/n3/2022/0228/c90000-9963403.html

Lasting peace and stability sounds good, doesn't it?

Source: https://abc7ny.com/ukraine-russia-united-nations-general-assembly/11608461/

NEW YORK CITY -- Ukraine's ambassador told the world that if his country is crushed, international peace and democracy are in peril, as the United Nations General Assembly held a rare emergency session in a day of frenzied diplomacy at the U.N. about the days-old war.

Ukraine "is paying now the ultimate price for freedom and security of itself and all the world," Ambassador Sergiy Kyslytsya said at the assembly's first emergency meeting in decades.

"If Ukraine does not survive... international peace will not survive. If Ukraine does not survive, the United Nations will not survive," he said. "Have no illusions. If Ukraine does not survive, we cannot be surprised if democracy fails next."

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

"If Ukraine does not survive... international peace will not survive. If Ukraine does not survive, the United Nations will not survive," he said. "Have no illusions. If Ukraine does not survive, we cannot be surprised if democracy fails next."

Meanwhile across the world:

‘Double standards’: Western coverage of Ukraine war criticised

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/27/western-media-coverage-ukraine-russia-invasion-criticism

8 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

In a little while, another meeting starts, is that it? 

It´s for humanitarian purposes in Ukraine. Most certainly Russia will veto again :( 

I see similarities from the past, Kaiser Wilhelm 2nd and Hitler, their thirst for the power and glory of former times, to recover what was ¨taken from them¨ moved them to start the worst conflicts in the history of mankind. Putin is following closely on their steps. The world is different now though, globalization and the INTERNET made the countries interdependent like never before. The UN either acts or it will ultimately end like the League of Nations.. According to our bible understanding, that is not a possibility so I believe we are at the doors of something huge. Hopefully is the beginning of the GT.

Edited by Daniel244

Chinese, German FMs hold phone talks over Ukrainian situation

http://en.people.cn/n3/2022/0227/c90000-9963316.html

Same position:

"On the issue of European security, the legitimate concerns of all countries should be taken seriously, he noted, adding that following five consecutive rounds of NATO's eastward expansion, Russia's legitimate security appeal should be solved in a proper way.

Noting the Cold War has already ended, the senior Chinese official said it is necessary for NATO to reconsider its position and responsibilities, adding that the Chinese side believes the Cold War mentality based on bloc confrontation should be completely abandoned. China supports NATO, the European Union and Russia to resume dialogue and seek to build a balanced, effective and sustainable European security mechanism so as to achieve lasting peace and stability on the European continent, he said."

"As a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, China has always faithfully fulfilled its obligation of safeguarding world peace and stability, Wang noted, adding China believes that if the Security Council is to take action, it should facilitate a political settlement of the current crisis rather than instigate new rivalries and confrontations."

1 hour ago, Geralyn said:

I have heard that the President of Ukraine is conscripting all fighting age men and those who flee to avoid it are brutalized and THEN enlisted... Woe for the brothers then!  They are giving weaponry and teaching bomb making to totally untrained men! (that video was too large for JWT) "Who" would these "soldiers" then be fighting for?  This short Fox News video makes it clear they must believe in conspiracy theories!   right?  

We heard today about a Ukrainian brother who could cross the border in spite of the conscription because he explained about his neutrality and having to take care of his family who was with him. Pray for them, friends.

Also, SC of the UN is back online 

Edited by Dages

38 minutes ago, Geralyn said:

I have heard that the President of Ukraine is conscripting all fighting age men and those who flee to avoid it are brutalized and THEN enlisted... Woe for the brothers then!  They are giving weaponry and teaching bomb making to totally untrained men! (that video was too large for JWT) "Who" would these "soldiers" then be fighting for?  This short Fox News video makes it clear they must believe in conspiracy theories!   right? 

I am not following you here, Geralyn. In countries at war it's quite common to forcefully conscript all men to fight. What do you mean with that question about who the soldiers are fighting for? I'm not questioning your words, I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.

The obvious answer is they are fighting to defend Ukraine from the Russian, but probably that's not what you mean.

But you are right about the brothers. They were just trying to avoid the conflict and who knows which pressures they are facing now. We really need to keep praying for them.

16 minutes ago, Dages said:

We heard today about a Ukrainian brother who could cross the border in spite of the conscription because he explained about his neutrality and having to take care of his family who was with him. Pray for them, friends

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰