JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

On 2/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, Paulo said:

that is the only option that they have.

0E8BDF02-AC0D-4ECD-9CB0-85FE95E3F95B.jpeg

Edited by Shawnster

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Well, we have written Thousands of letters back in 2017.

Good luck , leaders, with just this one letter

We didn't have guns and bombs, nor could we call on other countries to impose sanctions. In their eyes we are an easy target. 

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

First they say God is with them, and rallie the populace to hold the guns and defend homeland Ukraine against Russia....  https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220222b.html

Then they write a pretty letter to Putin asking for Peace.

Like Jephthah did? Look, we've plenty to criticise them for (the 14 pseudo Christian groups involvement in politics) but this is a sound tactical move. 

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

At this time of the game beeing played, and this is a game, that is not an alternative, that is the only option that they have.

"Game" could be misinterpreted as to seriousness but yes they are going through the moves.

Basically Ukraine knows they can't win a war which is why their troops aren't retaliating despite shelling. Instead they're counting on other countries imposing sanctions on Putin and his supporters, but for that they have to give their allies propaganda ammunition about how peaceable they are and so they ought to be supported.

Putin on the other hand is possibly waiting to see what if anything the rest of the world will do before making their next move.

It's the way of the world. If this doesn't lead to the cry this time then we will see this again (older one's have seen it before). 

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

We didn't have guns and bombs, nor could we call on other countries to impose sanctions. In their eyes we are an easy target. 

Like Jephthah did? Look, we've plenty to criticise them for (the 14 pseudo Christian groups involvement in politics) but this is a sound tactical move. 

"Game" could be misinterpreted as to seriousness but yes they are going through the moves.

Basically Ukraine knows they can't win a war which is why their troops aren't retaliating despite shelling. Instead they're counting on other countries imposing sanctions on Putin and his supporters, but for that they have to give their allies propaganda ammunition about how peaceable they are and so they ought to be supported.

Putin on the other hand is possibly waiting to see what if anything the rest of the world will do before making their next move.

It's the way of the world. If this doesn't lead to the cry this time then we will see this again (older one's have seen it before). 

I’m not sure why people think Putin isn’t (and hasn’t always) been  intent on invading and that this is some elaborate negation posturing. If people would just read their Bible’s they’d know this isn’t a bluff for Putin. He is doing exactly what Bible prophecy said he would. The faithful slave has maintained for over 80 years that the ultimate goal of the King of The North is world domination. This has never been about NATO, Russian security or any other sham ideology Putin has strung together in the world scene. This is a quest for more land and more power. And since he knew Ukraine (or any other area for that matter) wasn’t going to give it up willingly, it’s always been his endgame to invade. This is what the KON does. Just as Hitler did during WW2. The wait and other maneuvers have all been framing for him for his people back home. He wanted it to look like he hadn’t made up his mind and that he just was negotiating. But make no mistake about it, it was always his intention to do exactly what he is doing. That’s why we as keen students of the Bible are not surprised. 

Edited by Anthony

From Wall Street Journal

WORLD

Ukraine Crisis Kicks Off New Superpower Struggle Among U.S., Russia and China

Beijing and Moscow now hold a stronger hand in confronting the West than during the Cold War

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-crisis-kicks-off-new-superpower-struggle-among-u-s-russia-and-china-11645629753    (pay wall)

The power struggle for World Domination between the KOTS and KOTN and allies is apparent

Some paragraphs from this article:

Russia’s audacious military mobilization in and around Ukraine is the first major skirmish of a new order in international politics, with three major powers jostling for position in ways that threaten America’s primacy.

The challenges are different than those the U.S. and its network of alliances faced in the Cold War. Russia and China have built a thriving partnership based in part on a shared interest in diminishing U.S. power. Unlike the Sino-Soviet bloc of the 1950s, Russia is a critical gas supplier to Europe, while China isn’t an impoverished, war-ravaged partner but the world’s manufacturing powerhouse with an expanding military.

In deploying a huge force against Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin is demanding that the West rewrite the post-Cold War security arrangements for Europe and demonstrated that Russia has the military capability to impose its will despite Western objections and economic sanctions.

To do this, Mr. Putin shifted military units from Russia’s border with China, showing confidence in his relations with Beijing. The two powers, in effect, are coordinating to reshape the global order to their advantage, though their ties stop short of a formal alliance.

This emerging order leaves the U.S. contending with two adversaries at once in geographically disparate parts of the world where America has close partners and deep economic and political interests. The Biden administration now faces big decisions on whether to regear its priorities, step up military spending, demand allies contribute more, station additional forces abroad and develop more diverse energy sources to reduce Europe’s dependence on Moscow.

“We all thought we were looking at a Europe whole, free and at peace indefinitely,” said Michele Flournoy, who served as the Pentagon’s top policy official during the Obama administration. “We knew that Russia would conduct gray zone operations and that Putin would use his KGB playbook to create instability on his periphery. But a wholesale invasion of a sovereign country to reorient its government is a different moment.”

“And we’re seeing that while Beijing doesn’t really like Putin’s tactics, they’re willing to band together as authoritarian states against the Western democracies,” Ms. Flournoy added. “We are going to see more and more of that in the future.”

The ol' the enemy of my enemy is my friend ideology...This is going to lead to Peace and Security one way or another...Stay tuned

Agape

26 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

now live

Wow its heating up.  Getting chills.  UK lady just said ”the world is calling for peace”, among numerous p&s.  And everytime they mention the charter being violated, they are saying p&s is violated bc thats what the charter says, 'to maintain p&s'.  

Ukraine just asked for Russia to be removed from the security council.  
They are calling this a full war. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

What country in history would willingly roll over and allow an invading empire to take over unopposed?  

I think the cry of peace and security - the ultimate call - is coming a lot sooner than we think - I think that is why we will be surprised.

Your comments are amazing Shawnster. I always love your contribution. And no I am not hitting on you. I just like your reasoning.

It’s unbelievable, exciting, faith strengthening and sobering to see the fulfillment of Bible prophecy at a pace none of us alive have ever seen before. It is a bit overwhelming. I pray that all of us stay ready for the days and weeks ahead as we watch this situation unfold and see where they lead us. 

US President Joe Biden condemned Russia's "unprovoked and unjustified attack by Russian military forces" in a statement Wednesday evening following explosions in Ukraine.

The US and allies are planning on Thursday to trigger the "full scale" of the sanctions that have been discussed over the last several weeks in response to the attack, according to a senior Biden administration official.
"President Putin has chosen a premeditated war that will bring a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering," Biden said. "Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring, and the United States and its Allies and partners will respond in a united and decisive way. The world will hold Russia accountable."
 US and its allies planned to impose on Russia over "this needless act of aggression against Ukraine and global peace and security."https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/23/politics/biden-russia-ukraine/index.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Ukraine just asked for Russia to be removed from the security council.  
They are calling this a full war. 

I am not surprised. I was expecting "removal" action from UN SC, this world is unbelievably crazy!

So much proof that Satan is running the show of the last days. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Mr Putin warned other countries that any attempt to interfere with the Russian action would lead to "consequences they have never seen".https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-24/vladimir-putin-launches-invasion-of-ukraine/100857650

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I am not surprised. I was expecting "removal" action from UN SC, this world is unbelievably crazy!

So much proof that Satan is running the show of the last days. 

Because their veto power

this is crazy

i didn’t sleep tonight

how could I ?

this is too exciting! too sad and yet GT is so close!

The World is in collapse like next awake! New number states

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”