JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

1 hour ago, Ludwika said:

I think it's sheer chance. Just the Way the clouds are portrayed. 😄

This happened in the 1980's.  The appearance of a face in artwork.  I may be mis-remembering, but I think it was in the pattern of a woman's skirt.  Caused a lot of concern.  The brothers had to come out in defense of the art department, saying there was no justification to believe a brother purposely inserted a subliminal message into the artwork.

Having said that, I do see what could be described as a face just above the soldiers to the left side.  However, just an illusion.

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

This happened in the 1980's.  The appearance of a face in artwork.  I may be mis-remembering, but I think it was in the pattern of a woman's skirt.  Caused a lot of concern.  The brothers had to come out in defense of the art department, saying there was no justification to believe a brother purposely inserted a subliminal message into the artwork.

Having said that, I do see what could be described as a face just above the soldiers to the left side.  However, just an illusion.

Subliminal messages eh? 🤣

The brothers made a reference to the situation without going into needless detail.

"Even the Watchtower Society's publications have been the subject of rumors - for example that one of the artists had secretly been introducing pictures of demons into the illustrations, was subsequently found out and disfellowshipped!

Certainly, the rumor concerning the Society's publications was harmful, as well as slanderous to the zealous Christians who work long hours producing artwork to make the magazines so attractive."

w84 9/1  pp. 20-23

If the depiction of a face or eyes were to be on purpose surely it would be better drawn!

I think it's just people trying to see what's not there

At most we can see one eye, not a set of eyes >>> Just a coincidence! :)

Also this "apparent eyes" seem to be cockeyed and they are not looking to the troops...

image.png.33f0085f03965ae2e5d1970ab9f65afa.png

Edited by jayrtom

I don’t see why some think there’s a face or faces in the clouds in the picture. Nothing in the clouds of that picture look distinguishable enough to call a face.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 minutes ago, Semer said:

Human brain has a strong tendency to look for recognizable shapes, especially human faces, everywhere.

Pareidolia, ver formas donde no las hay - La Mente es Maravillosa

Pareidolia in clouds is a classic:

Rabbit cloud — RX Photography | Clouds, Amazing nature, Sky and clouds

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, Doug said:

The brothers had to come out in defense of the art department, saying there was no justification to believe a brother purposelessly inserted a subliminal message into the artwork.

I remember this well.  Our imaginations tend to run wild. I remember a brother at Bethel telling me the brother in the art department was crushed by it. The pictures back then were much clearer than this one...but not purposely done. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Just for the record, I didn’t believe there was any subliminal message or had any other negative view of the photo. Those eyes just popped out at me and I thought it was odd. That’s why I asked if anyone else saw it. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Going back to the topic, I am worried because of the question of neutrality.

Ukraine is now under martial law, and they go door to door recruiting soldiers.

It is undoubtedly a trial to our brothers, since in this situation, our position must be difficult to understand by non believers.

3 minutes ago, Semer said:

It is undoubtedly a trial to our brothers, since in this situation, our position must be difficult to understand by non believers.

I know the brothers have been preparing the best they can. I agree that the draft seemed to come unexpectedly to us. However, maybe the brothers there had more of idea it was coming or could come and acted accordingly. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

38 minutes ago, Semer said:

Maybe this whole thing wanes  faster than we think 🙏🤷‍♀️🤔🤔

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Hi, I found this interesting: 

https://www.nbcrightnow.com/tricities/local-ukrainian-families-affected-by-russian-invasion-plus-the-history-leading-up-to-attack-on/article_bc02e850-95e3-11ec-9066-5f13f53882cb.html

"My family in Kyiv woke up early this morning from loud noises. Their windows were shaking. They checked the news and found out that Russia started a war. I and my family are Jehovah's witnesses, and usually, we read a daily text from the bible. Today the scripture was "Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust."—Isa. 30:15. It helped them to stay sane during all the craziness around. A lot of people decided to leave the country. But the majority decided to stay at home. My parents decided to try to leave Ukraine. They are currently driving to Lviv when we last spoke not long ago. The traffic was very bad and most of the gas stations had a huge line or were closed. On their way to the border, I learned that because Marshall Law that was announced the Ukrainian border stopped letting men 18-60 out of the country. My dad is 59 and my brother is 34, so I don't think they will be able to go to our friends in Poland, as they originally planned. They were able to visit Tri-city recently, they flew back to Kyiv in the middle of January even though we offered for them to stay with us until we knew what Russia was going to do. They didn't believe this war could happen." said Kate Sanchez.

12 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The image description doesn't say anything about a face or eyes. It says "Soldiers, an army tank, and bomber planes"

Face pareidolia – seeing faces in random objects or patterns of light and shadow – is an everyday phenomenon. Once considered a symptom of psychosis, it arises from an error in visual perception.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/07/so-happy-to-see-you-our-brains-respond-emotionally-to-faces-we-find-in-inanimate-objects-study-reveals#:~:text=Face pareidolia – seeing faces in,an error in visual perception.

We now return you to the war in Ukraine.

What if I don't want to return to the war?

In Canada they just lifted states of emergency for country, province of Ontario and some cities.

Protesters are still around,  some financing coming from 1100 of same ones who financed January 6th and some of those are foreign actors causing disruption. 

Hmm KoTN and KoTS pushing and now war.

Isn't the world scene to go right to the edge before pulling back? Fake call or semblance of peace and security before everything goes to pot.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

peace and security are not option not. Not in europe. Europe is still center of world, odl continent and all Bible prophecies fullfiled here. USA are ships from Kittim. Only if Russia can be neutralised from europe, uk and usa, some kind of world peace can be established. Otherwise not. But putin is insane like Hitler and who knows will he stop and when?
there was no war in europe since 1945. Long 77 years.

not invasion like this. It was war in ex yugoslavia, and i live in croatia which was occupied by yu army, but it was 1990-1995.

Missles by bosnian serbs were falling in my town 1995.

there was not such big invasion like russia vs ukraine on europe continent since 1941. and Hitlers invasion on poland. 

we live in extremely critical times.

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Face pareidolia – seeing faces in random objects or patterns of light and shadow – is an everyday phenomenon. Once considered a symptom of psychosis, it arises from an error in visual perception.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/07/so-happy-to-see-you-our-brains-respond-emotionally-to-faces-we-find-in-inanimate-objects-study-reveals#:~:text=Face pareidolia – seeing faces in,an error in visual perception.

We now return you to the war in Ukraine.

So I’m labeled as crazy or imperfect….not so far off base. 😜

Good grief, who poked the bear? 🤪  It’s winter. He’s supposed to be hibernating. Instead he’s growling at anyone within reach. 

20 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Good grief, who poked the bear? 🤪  It’s winter. He’s supposed to be hibernating. Instead he’s growling at anyone within reach. 

There must be a reason WHY NOW it’s happening

we will discover soon

https://www.wsj.com/video/video-ukrainian-president-zelensky-says-countrys-leaders-remain-in-kyiv/CFFBD1E0-2208-4379-A93E-85DA5CEC9228.html

Will Putin suffer embarrassment....

2/25/2022 3:05PM     

Video: Ukrainian President Zelensky Says Country’s Leaders Remain in Kyiv

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky posted a video on social media showing him with other government officials and said the country’s leaders had not fled Kyiv as Russian forces entered the city. Photo: Volodymyr Zelensky/AFP/Getty Images

Stay tuned.

I believe WSJ removed paywall during crisis...

Edited by Tbs77