JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

7 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Timothy and how is the situation there in South Korea? How is the population facing these events? neighboring North Korea remains silent? Have any information? Thanks

North Korea : Abnormal as ever. Shooting missiles for God knows why. We stopped caring a long time ago.

South Korea : Busy with electioneering these days. Most people care about Ukraine and root for them, hoping Putin gets punished.

South Korea JWs : Deeply worried about Ukraine JWs. 

Overall, however, not so different.. It just feels like a story from a far away land. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

1 hour ago, Jonadab said:

Tem algum link minha querida ? não consigo traduzir.... 😂😂😂😂

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/world/pope-calls-for-guns-to-fall-silent-in-ukraine-4816739.html

never mentioned the words “Russia “ or “Putin” 🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

I'm going to be tired getting up for our meeting this morning, but with what they're (Ukrainian army) going through I won't be complaining. 

And at the breakout room after the meeting several started talking about how tired they were and I doubled up laughing😂 Others then dominated the conversation so I never explained myself but was still funny. (Our public talk was given by an Elder in Chicago, it was 4:20am for him, I doubly wasn't going to complain about being tired).

Just heard what the Ukrainian ambassador said while being interviewed by CBS News.  She said that "Silence and neutrality always benefits the oppressors and never benefits the oppressed.  It's time to take a side".  Our brothers and sisters will need our prayers for extra extra holy spirit

3 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Just heard what the Ukrainian ambassador said while being interviewed by CBS News.  She said that "Silence and neutrality always benefits the oppressors and never benefits the oppressed.  It's time to take a side".  Our brothers and sisters will need our prayers for extra extra holy spirit

So CBS news is encouraging patriotism / non neutrality?

if the Ukrainian brothers can remain neutral while under such difficult partisan circumstances -then we all jolly well can eh!?? Can only imagine how difficult it must be for them not to take sides under their possible oncoming regime change…

Good reminder 

11 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

So CBS news is encouraging patriotism / non neutrality?

if the Ukrainian brothers can remain neutral while under such difficult partisan circumstances -then we all jolly well can eh!?? Can only imagine how difficult it must be for them not to take sides under their possible oncoming regime change…

Good reminder 

Why do you say CBS is encouraging this? Did you read the article and who the statements are attributed to?

Just now, Shawnster said:

Every news agency is going to encourage patriotism /non neutrality.  The world doesn't understand neutrality. They don't recognize Jehovah's sovereignty

Perhaps, but if you read the original article this was not the case of media promoting,, the statement was from Ukrainian ambassador 

https://www.euronews.com/2022/02/27/eu-to-buy-and-deliver-weapons-to-ukraine-the-first-time-the-bloc-has-financed-military-sup?fromBreakingNews=1

For the first time ever - the EU is actually purchasing weaponry to supply to a nation ….. this is making no sense to me…

It’s all weird and highly suspect - but I have no firm opinion on it, I don’t think it’s possible to know really the truth of what’s going on. 

World going next level crazy. Who knows what tmrw will bring .. 

5 minutes ago, .Ivan. said:

What about our male brothers from 18-57yo, by law must stay in ukraine and take weapon and defend land? What ukrainian goverment do with them? Jail? Court? Leave them alone to flee to Poland or where if they can? Somebody knows?

I have no knowledge, but history shows governments do not approve of young men of fighting age skipping out, or remaining neutral.  The usual response is imprisonment (or forced service).  In extremely rare cases these ones are sentenced to death.  

Our brothers (and sisters) need our prayers. 

31 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

Who knows what tmrw will bring .. 

https://www.india.com/news/ukraine-agrees-to-hold-talks-with-russia-in-belarus-report-5260641/

Ukraine Agrees To Hold Peace Talks With Russia at Belarus Border

Moscow: After some back-and-forth, Ukraine has agreed to dispatch a team to Belarus for talks to end the Russian military campaign in the country, reported Russian State Media on Sunday. “Kyiv “confirmed” the planned talks in the Gomel Region, which is close to the borders of both Russia and Ukraine,” RT news reported quoting Russian chief negotiator Vladimir Medinsky.Also Read - Russian President Vladimir Putin Orders Military to Put 'Deterrence Forces' on High Alert

Ukraine’s presidency confirmed the reports of peace talk and said Kyiv is ready to hold talks with Moscow at its border with Belarus — near the Chernobyl exclusion zone, reported news agency AFP