JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

46 minutes ago, Sofia said:

also in Daniel 8:24

If 8:24 applies to the KOTS use of the bomb, 8:25 also perfectly describes his behaviour, even more if we understand the "time of security" as the period of time after the end of the cold war.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

1 hour ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Oh my.. since the Bible doesn’t talk about KOTN being gone before Armageddon so 8 months is basically the time the world has? 

I was just thinking about it too

but things can change if a peace agreement is reached 

no dates please

there s no way we can foresee anything right now

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

If Russia loses this war, it will get so downgraded (economically and military) it might actually lose its KOTN status and falls into debt. It’s already spending so much money for the war.. Putin didn’t expect the war to last this long.

It's KOTN is not based on debt or economic standing.  It's not like Russia "earned the right" to be KOTN. 

All the previous nations that were identified as KOTN collapsed or were defeated.  That is how they lost that role.  This prophecy is about two super powers pushing in rivalry. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/dsync/r30/lp-f/r1/lp-e/1101999036
And what of “the Libyans and the Ethiopians”? These neighbors of ancient Egypt might well foreshadow nations that are, geographically speaking, neighbors of modern “Egypt” (the king of the south). At times, they have been followers of—‘at the steps of’—the king of the north.

19 Has the king of the north ruled over ‘the hidden treasures of Egypt’? He has indeed had a powerful influence on the way that the king of the south has used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent, the king of the north ‘ruled over,’ or controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south.

A0B4566D-E2F0-4A72-B912-0E02E57367EA.jpeg

D1C65D48-2C8E-4143-8D8C-BEB39E6A3762.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Oh my.. since the Bible doesn’t talk about KOTN being gone before Armageddon so 8 months is basically the time the world has? 

No.  Please do not try to use math, dates, or numbers to determine the amount of time left in this system.  

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

That would be a tremendous power!

the atomic bombing in Japan were predicted on revelation prophecy 

Rev.13:13

also in Daniel 8:24

so if nucs were used now I’m sure it would be written on the Bible.

Sofia, that is not exactly what the Watchtower said.  We are not teaching that atomic weapons were predicted or prophecied by the Bible in these (or any) verses.  

The Watchtower points out the prophecies state the Anglo-American World Power would “bring terrible destruction.". As evidence of this destruction, the Watchtower cited the two atomic bombings in WWII.  

This is not the same as saying those scriptures prophecied the use of atomic weapons. That is not what the Watchtower is saying. 

Let's be mindful not to allow our zeal and excitement cloud our reasoning and teaching ability. 

Edited by Shawnster

10 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

While cash is needed to keep the ISS running it's not cash holding it up. In the short term it would require the crew to decide to do a kamikaze and I don't see them agreeing to that.

15 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

While cash is needed to keep the ISS running it's not cash holding it up. In the short term it would require the crew to decide to do a kamikaze and I don't see them agreeing to that.

A lot of crazy things can come out of this. In 2003, when USA destroyed Iraq, I told others that it is going to be vortex over there. It came true and when Syria collapsed in 2011, that vortex has gotten bigger.

And when USA destroyed Libya in 2011, now that country is not safe to live. Oh well, does anybody learn?

Edited by Dustparticle

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

No.  Please do not try to use math, dates, or numbers to determine the amount of time left in this system.  

Sofia, that is not exactly what the Watchtower said.  We are not teaching that atomic weapons were predicted or prophecied by the Bible in these (or any) verses.  

The Watchtower points out the prophecies state the Anglo-American World Power would “bring terrible destruction.". As evidence of this destruction, the Watchtower cited the two atomic bombings in WWII.  

This is not the same as saying those scriptures prophecied the use of atomic weapons. That is not what the Watchtower is saying. 

Let's be mindful not to allow our zeal and excitement cloud our reasoning and teaching ability. 

Sorry…please forgive my boldness.

I was based on this:

D08D5406-B00D-4834-A3E6-13C19813E809.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

16 hours ago, Sofia said:

It’s on now after all:

30AE87E4-7B40-41B7-A680-ADA092CFC856.jpeg

UN Assembly General (UNGA) president reminded that back in 1939 the league of nations failed, and a WW-2 surged in the World...

This is meaningful. If from this, peace and security doesnt come up, it means the failure of UN.

Since we know UN will destroy BTG, we must keep on the watch. 

It may not lead to anything... and we endure :) Jehovah has His time for His porpuse. But we remain on the watch.

But... it may mean something important. I m listening it now LIVE.

26 minutes ago, Sofia said:

UN Assembly General (UNGA) president reminded that back in 1939 the league of nations failed, and a WW-2 surged in the World...

I think that we are not yet at 1939, we are still in 1936.

Events, players and things are very similar to the spanish civil war, pre-WWII.

5 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I think that we are not yet at 1939, we are still in 1936.

Events, players and things are very similar to the spanish civil war, pre-WWII.

yes, Im dislexic, I may have swap 6 for 9. Thank you Paulo :)

Final words of Russian ambassador in UNGA "Russia is seeking to end this war, thank you"

Hello friends. I am waiting for China´s stand in the UN meeting on this developing situation, which may give me an idea of what´s to come. Very interesting times. I agree with the previous comments that these look like events previous to WW2 an aggressive nation invading another, world condemnation but the league of nations ultimately failing to prevent war. The UN should be coming together with a strong ultimatum to Putin. If the UN is not able to put a stop to this it would expose itself as a worthless organization incapable of preventing the very same actions and reasons it was created for. If our current understanding of Bible prophecies is correct, I am hoping that a shift this time may accelerate events leading to the GT. May Jehovah protect our brothers and sisters in Ukraine and Russia.

Vídeo from a brother at Romania border

anyone please provide a transcript for all of us benefit? It’s in portuguese

ThanK you

This is what the brother in the video says: Good morning my brothers and sisters in Portugal. I am in the border of Ukraine with our brothers to find out about our brothers and sisters coming from Ukraine. 6 brothers just arrived, he is mentioning their names and saying they are doing well. He says that he is from the department of accommodations, providing water and some help to the refugees. Sorry, part of it is unintelligible, I understand Brazilian Portuguese but Portuguese from Portugal is a little bit more difficult.

Edited by Daniel244

8 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

I am waiting for China´s stand in the UN meeting on this developing situation.

China already made its position known and there is no reason to expect it to change at UN.

"China will make its own effort to push for political settlement of the Ukraine issue, and there is a sharp contrast between China's approach and some other countries' moves of creating and shifting the crisis, and trying to benefit from it"

"China has always decided its position and policy based on the facts of the issue at hand and stands on the side of peace and justice. He added that China believes that the Ukraine issue has a complicated history and that the legitimate security concerns of all parties should be respected and the Cold War mentality should be completely abandoned."

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202202/1253216.shtml?id=11

More here

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202202/1253104.shtml?id=11

44 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Final words of Russian ambassador in UNGA "Russia is seeking to end this war, thank you"

Yes, we know they are, unfortunately they're seeking to end it solely on their term's. Bit like me saying I'm trying to make peace with my Brother but he just won't grovel enough and admit that everything is his fault.