JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

6 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

What does this acronym www3 mean? Thanks 

It was a typo, it would be ww3, or world war 3.

But it is not completely wrong. while the ww2 did not see fighting and death in every corner of our planet, a full power ww3 without Jehovah's interventions would turn into a wide world war, as no corner would be spared.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

45 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

assassination of Putin

or his coming back to senses and removing Orthodox churches as it might have been one of the causes of the war. 

What if Putin was somehow removed from power? The entire world would say "finally peace and security". 🤔

Pariah: one that is despised or rejected : outcast

Edited by Bruceq

1 hour ago, Michał said:

Www3 would mean end of UN (people are dissatisfied with it already) and we know it won’t happen

Right (tu)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Polish president denies sending warplanes to ukraine.

Yet while he denies sending polish jets to operate in Ukraine, the original "story" was about giving warplanes to Ukraine and then allow Ukraine to operate them with ukranian pilots, and be based in polish airfields.

we are not sending any jets to Ukraine because that would open a military interference in the Ukrainian conflict. We are not joining that conflict. NATO is not a party to that conflict. However as I said, we are supporting Ukrainians with humanity aid. However, we are not going to send any jets to the Ukrainian airspace.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_192582.htm

1 hour ago, Michał said:

Maybe implosion if KOTN

No, Jehovah will  destroy KOTN. So this is getting really interesting

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Jothob said:

I just had a thought, and I have no idea how politics works! But could Ukraine become part of NATO? 

The theoritical answer would be yes, if it was an unanimous decision and all the members wished to inherit the current conflict Ukraine has with Russia.

Why is Ukraine not in NATO and is it too late to join? Here’s what experts, NATO say

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article258774458.html

NATO Won’t Let Ukraine Join Soon. Here’s Why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/nato-ukraine.html

4 minutes ago, Keep Fighting said:

US secretary of state floats kicking Russia off of UN Human Rights Council

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-01-22/index.html

If Russia is thrown out of the UN, I think the UN will get more than just milk teeth.

34 min ago

US secretary of state calls out Russia for killing civilians in Ukraine

From CNN's Zachary Cohen and Kylie Atwood

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken appears on a screen as he delivers a remote speech, during the 49th session of the UN Human Rights Council at the European headquarters of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, on March 1. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken appears on a screen as he delivers a remote speech, during the 49th session of the UN Human Rights Council at the European headquarters of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, on March 1. (Salvatore Di Nolfi/Keystone/AFP/Getty Images)

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called out Russia on Tuesday for killing civilians in Ukraine, telling the United Nations Human Rights Council that Russian strikes “are hitting schools, hospitals and residential buildings.”

“They are destroying critical infrastructure, which provides millions of people across Ukraine with drinking water, gas to keep them from freezing to death, and electricity. Civilian buses, cars, and even ambulances have been shelled. Russia is doing this every day – across Ukraine,” Blinken added. 

The remarks by the top US diplomat come after Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Russia of war crimes for bombing the city of Kharkiv. 

Over the past two days, Russian attacks have hit civilians, suggesting a shift towards a far-less restrained bombing campaign. Earlier Russian attacks were more focused on military targets.

Zelensky also made an impassioned plea Tuesday for European leaders to “prove” their solidarity with his country.

"We are fighting for our life," he said in a speech to the European Union Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

The theoritical answer would be yes, if it was an unanimous decision and all the members wished to inherit the current conflict Ukraine has with Russia.

Why is Ukraine not in NATO and is it too late to join? Here’s what experts, NATO say

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article258774458.html

NATO Won’t Let Ukraine Join Soon. Here’s Why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/nato-ukraine.html

Thank you for the info. 
I only wondered as if they suddenly became part of NATO, technically NATO nations could physically be involved in the war! 
I dread to think the powers they can unleash on both sides…. 
May Jehovah keep looking after our dear brothers and sisters out there….🙏

8 minutes ago, Jothob said:

May Jehovah keep looking after our dear brothers and sisters out there….🙏

They are in our hearts in both sides of the conflict. They have been suffering in both countries even before the war.

UNSC:

Ukraine raised rule 20 of the provisional rules of procedure in two of the meetings. This refers to a situation where, if the President of the Council is directly connected to a question that is being addressed, he should not preside and that the presidential chair should move to the member in the next alphabetical order. Ukraine also raised Article 6 of the UN Charter, which states that a member of the UN which has “persistently violated the principles contained in the present Charter may be expelled from the Organization by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council”.

Council members of varying political views can be expected to continue to cite the UN Charter as the basis for their actions as they grapple with the rapidly changing crisis in Ukraine. The UN Charter remains the cornerstone for Council members at a time when their primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security is especially crucial.

source: https://www.securitycouncilreport.org/monthly-forecast/2022-03/in-hindsight-ukraine-and-the-tools-of-the-un.php

25 minutes ago, Sofia said:

may be expelled from the Organization by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council

Ukraine is not in the security council, and any member to be expelled is by recommendation of the security council. There are 2 members with veto power that will not vote for that to happen.

It would be another pandora box to expell Russia as a member that"persistently violated the principles contained in the present Charter" as USA and Israel, among others, would be next in line.

Edited by Paulo

typo

15 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Ukraine is not in the security council, and any member to be expelled is by recommendation of the security council. There are 2 members with veto power that will not vote for that to happen.

It would be another pandora box to expell Russia as a member that"persistently violated the principles contained in the present Charter" as USA and Israel, among others, would be next in line.

Yes, but if UN doesnt do anything is condemn to failure.

Im curious to see how legaly they will sort it out 

I found this interesting..the article explains who is not a member state of the UN..even small lands..notice why the Vatican does not want to be a member! However we know the Wild Beast includes all countries, even those not members of the UN.

Nations, Countries Not in the United Nations

"It is actually quite unusual for a country to exist without becoming a member of the United Nations, simply because one of the required steps in becoming a country is to be recognized by the United Nations. However, there are two "permanent non-member observer states" that arguably fit the description: Holy See/Vatican City and Palestine

As non-member observer states, both countries are welcomed in the General Assembly and have access to most United Nations benefits and service opportunities, but cannot cast votes. Both permanent observer states also have the potential to join the United Nations eventually as full members. However, the reasons these two particular states are not currently full members are unique to their specific situations.

Holy See/Vatican City

The Holy See is the government of Vatican City, which is the global headquarters of the Catholic church and the smallest independent nation in the world. It is also the only independent nation to choose not to apply for membership of the United Nations. The logic behind this decision is said to be that the Pope prefers not to directly affect international policy. That said, other sources speculate that if Holy See were to apply, issues might arise regarding whether it was able to meet the U.N.'s definition of a country (particularly its ability to contribute to global security) and whether it was in fact a religious organization rather than a true state.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-not-in-the-un

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Yes, but if UN doesnt do anything is condemn to failure.

You are seeing things from a western point of view. The rest of the world are not giving the same weight to this crisis nor they expect much to change in UN with its current composition.
Just a short list of the wars since UN was founded, some of those wars are still active: Korea, Vietnam, Falklands, Gulf, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Ethiopia.

UN has failed since day 1 as it never had any meaningful mechanism beside good intentions.

That is proper for a political institution that is offensive in its purposes to replace the kingdom of god.

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

UN has failed since day 1 as it never had any meaningful mechanism beside good intentions.

That is proper for a political institution that is offensive in its purposes to replace the kingdom of god

👍👍👍

4 hours ago, Jothob said:

I just had a thought, and I have no idea how politics works! But could Ukraine become part of NATO? 

That's what this war is ostensibly about.  Ukraine wanted to join NATO. Russia did not want a NATO member as a neighbor. Putin complained since 2014 or earlier about Ukraine wanting to join NATO and NATO troops operating in Ukraine. 

No. Ukraine will not join NATO during the middle of an active conflict.  An attack on any NATO member results in war with all members.  The rest of NATO does not want WWIII.  Plus, Ukraine may not exist as a nation much longer.