JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

24 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Do you have a source for these pics?

Actually we’re sent by my sister in law

i ask her

our service coordenador is from Moldova 

he has received too and didn’t say it was not true

he said many in Moldova are getting money out of bank and buying food to stock just in case

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, -Chris- said:

I've been curious about Babylon the Great's role in Russia's motivations and this article and the links within filled in quite a few details, both with the religious motivation for this invasion and the intense persecution of our brothers.

https://topsecretumbra.substack.com/p/putins-attack-on-ukraine-is-a-religious

My TLDR: Modern Russia isn't the 'Godless Communists' that some think of, they're closely allied with the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) for power and control. A separate Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) was formed with Ukraine's independence, angering Russians because the ROC was founded in Kyiv. Additionally, the UOC was endorsed by various western politicians and could be viewed as under American influence and weakening Russian influence in Ukraine. Obviously these aren't the sole reasons for invasion, they just add the component of religion to the other factors that are discussed at length in the world's news.

Very, very interesting.  It basically says that Putin is a historian and wants to return to the glory days of 100 A.D. onward.

It says that Kiev is their Jerusalem.  That is really profound.  And it helps to understand the persecution we face.

23 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Actually we’re sent by my sister in law

i ask her

our service coordenador is from Moldova 

he has received too and didn’t say it was not true

he said many in Moldova are getting money out of bank and buying food to stock just in case

How can we give money to the brothers and sisters in the Ukraine?

On 2/26/2022 at 12:32 PM, Saffron said:

Anyone see this yet? 

According to the Vatican Press Office, Pope Francis went to the Russian embassy in Rome to express his concern for the current war in Ukraine.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ukraine-pope-francis-makes-unprecedented-gesture-20220225

Hands up who is creeped out by the Pope's looks? Yuk! I cannot wait to see his downfall.

image.jpeg.e45e43541ab45202dadb90c5a378d91e.jpeg

7 minutes ago, PatriciaC said:

The GB keeps saying to send all contributions to the World Wide Work, they'll make certain that what is needed will be provided (by Jehovah's spirit of course). 

Sometimes we really want money to go to a certain place, but it actually ends up making more hassle as that money has to be kept separate from all other money as its moved around. Instead we just join Jesus in trusting the Faithfull Slave to be Discreet. 

14 minutes ago, PatriciaC said:

Usually the GB instructs us to send our donations as donate.Jw.org instructions 

then the funds are directed where it’s more necessary 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Adding a religious motive for the KOTN to engage in pushing seems to add an interesting wrinkle. I wonder how that will factor in to the eventual destruction of BTG.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From an Apple investor group I belong to, just to highlight additional secular reasons regarding why Ukraine might be in Russia’s sight. A lot of things I didn’t know: 

So why’s Russia after Ukraine?

For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter? “ 

Being the second largest country by area in Europe and has a population of over 40 million, Ukraine ranks:

1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores

2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves

2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world’s reserves)

2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons)

2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves

3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)

4th in the world by the total value of natural resources

7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an important agricultural country:

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area

3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world’s volume)

1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil

2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports

3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world

4th largest producer of potatoes in the world

5th largest rye producer in the world

5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons)

8th place in the world in wheat exports

9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs

16th place in the world in cheese exports

Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an important industrialized country:

1st in Europe in ammonia production

Europe’s 2nd’s and the world’s 4th largest natural gas pipeline system

3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;l

3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km)

3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment

3rd largest iron exporter in the world

4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world

4th world’s largest manufacturer of rocket launchers

4th place in the world in clay exports

4th place in the world in titanium exports

8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates

9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products

10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons)

These resources are why Russia is chomping at the bits to take it.

8 minutes ago, SoCal4me2 said:

These resources are why Russia is chomping at the bits to take it.

I am not surprised then at the outrageous corruption that Ukraine has had. For a country so rich in resources to not be more advanced is shocking. I have watched many YouTube’s in the past showing how the common people have suffered extreme poverty, low wages and low pensions. To have such immense wealth, it must blatantly be funnelled to some deep corrupt pockets. This is not unknown, of course, but we can see the need to stay absolutely neutral. Ukraine is not the aggressor, but it is still an oppressor. Satan’s world.

9 minutes ago, sania said:

Egypt represent KOTS right? Is Ukraine an ally of KOTS? 

I don’t know. The fact that it is a democratic state means it is opposite to the autocracy that Russia has developed into. We wait for a clear explanation from Jehovah’s slave.

1 hour ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Do you guys think Ukraine is Egypt?

According to the Daniel's Prophecy book, Egypt is the King of the South.

Even the king of the south, “Egypt,” ...........

dp pg280 para18

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999036#h=24:0-26:0

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

18 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

According to the Daniel's Prophecy book, Egypt is the King of the South.

Even the king of the south, “Egypt,” ...........

dp pg280 para18

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999036#h=24:0-26:0

Oh I see. So Ukraine can be understood as a part of Egypt.. Thanks for the quote! 

3 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Oh I see. So Ukraine can be understood as a part of Egypt.. Thanks for the quote! 

No, not at the present time. “Egypt” is the king of the south, and the king of the south is the Anglo-American world power (only Britain and the United States). What is currently happening to Ukraine finds its fulfilment in these parts of Daniel 11:

Verse 40: “[the king of the north] will enter into the lands and sweep through like a flood.”

Verse 41: “Many lands will be made to stumble.”

Verse 42: “[the king of the north] will keep thrusting out his hand against the lands.”

Ukraine is part of “the lands” mentioned here. “The land of Egypt” is distinct from these lands. (Verse 42) Notice, though, in each instance the plural word “lands” is used? Ukraine is the target for now, but Russia and its allies will not stop there. Some of their efforts will be successful, while other countries will “escape out of his hand.” (Verse 41) We keep on the watch to see what will develop.

6 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

at the present time. “Egypt” is the king of the south, and the king of the south is the Anglo-American world power (only Britain and the United States).

That is correct... You know I'm going to say "but"... It's slightly complicated.

Daniel 11:42

...and as regards the land of Egypt, she will not escape

When I came into the truth (86-88) it seemed that would mean a defeat on the soil of the KOTS which didn't happen so the Daniel book said (in the study bible on this verse)

Even the king of the south, “Egypt,” did not escape the effects of the expansionist policies of the king of the north. For example, the king of the south suffered a notable defeat in Vietnam

A victory for the KOTN in Ukraine will be a humiliation for the KOTS, especially since Pres Biden said he'd abandoned Afghanistan so he could focus on other theatres'.

So Ukraine is NOT Egypt, but it's fall would fulfill Egypt not escaping from the KOTN.

47 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

A victory for the KOTN in Ukraine

Will probably not happen at this rate...

edit : Putin just asked his DOD to set its nuclear deterrent forces on alert... o boi... 

Edited by Dages

1 hora atrás, VisualizeUrParadise disse:

Jeová deve ser um super gênio. Todos nós estamos micro-escrutinando essas escrituras e não podemos descobrir com antecedência quando seu dia chegará.

E, no entanto, a Bíblia tem todas as informações de que precisamos neste momento. Surpreendente!

Timothy and how is the situation there in South Korea? How is the population facing these events? neighboring North Korea remains silent? Have any information? Thanks