JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

Security council failed the resolution 

due to veto power from Russia

the subject will be submitted to the General Assembly  

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Just for the record, I didn’t believe there was any subliminal message or had any other negative view of the photo. Those eyes just popped out at me and I thought it was odd. That’s why I asked if anyone else saw it. 

My comment wasn’t direct at you or anyone in particular, as I really couldn’t even remember who were the ones saying it  🙂 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I have a feeling the slave is waiting for things to develop further to say exactly how this fulfills Daniel 11. Perhaps we will get more info on a governing body update or at the annual meeting.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Has anyone been listening to the Ukrainian ambassador?  He’s kinda of funny. I mean if you gotta speak, at least be sarcastic right? 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Anyone see this yet? 

According to the Vatican Press Office, Pope Francis went to the Russian embassy in Rome to express his concern for the current war in Ukraine.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ukraine-pope-francis-makes-unprecedented-gesture-20220225

One response I saw was a tweet.   "As far as empty gestures go  -  impressive!"

12 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Anyone see this yet? 

According to the Vatican Press Office, Pope Francis went to the Russian embassy in Rome to express his concern for the current war in Ukraine.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ukraine-pope-francis-makes-unprecedented-gesture-20220225

Yes, and an orthodox leader came to TV stating this too, "in spite of his bad knee" he said...

Meanwhile:

If Russia’s military campaign is successful, Moscow would likely not countenance an independent Orthodox Church of Ukraine, possibly forcing it back into the family of the Russian Orthodox Church. Russia’s regressive treatment of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Muslims and proselytizing groups would likely be forced on the entire country.

Source:

https://religionnews.com/2022/02/24/putin-is-after-more-than-land-he-wants-the-religious-soul-of-ukraine/

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Meanwhile, efforts are being made to oust Russia from the Security Council:

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-invasion-should-russia-lose-its-seat-on-the-un-security-council-177870

is Russia validly there at all? This is Ukraine’s question. The UN Charter says that the USSR, not Russia, is the permanent member. While no permanent member of the Security Council has ever been removed, two have changed – and it is worth analysing how and why, not just for the current crisis but for the next one surely coming over Taiwan.

Because the two changes were China and Russia.

5275D8DF-DD4A-4EE9-90E0-B73262EDE3ED.png

Edited by Sofia

All this, the protests all over the place outside of Russia. This stuff is just insane. And the speed in which this occurred. There was a MW from a while ago where Bro Sanderson was talking about how things could change overnight. Well here is proof of that. 

I don't even fully understand what's going on. Not caring about politics, I never bothered to keep up with anything so now I'm sitting here like ?????? This stuff gives me a headache.. and makes me ill. The thought of people suffering right now for no good reason at all is hard to take. 

2 minutes ago, Saffron said:

speed in which this occurred

Exactly!

That´s why Jesus said for us to keep on the watch, the day comes when we least expect.

Dont bother understanding this conflict. It´s just insane. 

Next days will dictate the course of things, but all seems to occur surely fast!

Ousting Russia from the UN Security Council is at the table now.

That´s profound... if it happens. Unique situation. 

We must keep the faith Jehovah is in control!

Keep praying for all our brothers and sisters in Ukraine and surroundings.

Most of all keep praying for GB to guide us through this safely. 

The article just published in jw.org is just marvelous!

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Has anyone been listening to the Ukrainian ambassador?  He’s kinda of funny. I mean if you gotta speak, at least be sarcastic right? 😂

That’s because he’s a former comedian. He was also an actor before he became president and had no political experience kind of like Trump before he came into office. It must be scary for him because he’s young and inexperienced with being a leader and now he’s faced with this war.

6 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Dont bother understanding this conflict. It´s just insane. 

That's good. I don't know if I can. 😅

6 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Ousting Russia from the UN Security Council is at the table now.

That´s profound... if it happens. Unique situation. 

Someone sent me a text of an article about this. We can't figure out what the outcome is likely to be if this happens. Fight more people or stop this foolishness. I hope the latter so as  few people as possible have to suffer. 

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The article just published in jw.org is just marvelous!

It is. While a general article about war wouldn't have surprised me, this one did because it was so direct. 

2 hours ago, *Jack* said:

That’s because he’s a former comedian. He was also an actor before he became president and had no political experience kind of like Trump before he came into office. It must be scary for him because he’s young and inexperienced with being a leader and now he’s faced with this war.

I’m not referring to the president. I’m referring to the ambassador that has been speaking at the security counsel meetings. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

11 hours ago, *Jack* said:

I have a feeling the slave is waiting for things to develop further to say exactly how this fulfills Daniel 11. Perhaps we will get more info on a governing body update or at the annual meeting.

Not everything has a big fulfillment.  This may be nothing more than the pushing between the two kings. 

If this leads to something greater, then the Slave likely won't know until it happens.  They aren't prophets.  They don't know what the future will be until we get there.  

No, I know you were not saying the Slave are inspired prophets.  

https://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-reports-13-chinese-warplanes-222956278.html

Taiwan reports 13 Chinese warplanes have entered its defense zone since Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah, this got nothing to do with NATO!

Don't panic, don't fret!

Keep loyal hands lifted for the brotherhood!

1 Tim. 2:8 So I desire that in every place the men carry on prayer, lifting up loyal hands, without anger and debates. 

Agape

14 hours ago, *Jack* said:

Tenho a sensação de que o escravo está esperando que as coisas se desenvolvam para dizer exatamente como isso cumpre Daniel 11. Talvez possamos obter mais informações sobre uma atualização do corpo governante ou na reunião anual.

Exactly based on past and current research and with the help of the holy spirit that helps them to have that discernment, because as we learn ,prophecies are understood before or during the event, let's wait in the power of Jehovah to give understanding, Wisdom ,through that wonderful channel that is the faithful and very prudent slave

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-reports-13-chinese-warplanes-222956278.html

Taiwan relata que 13 aviões de guerra chineses entraram em sua zona de defesa desde a invasão russa da Ucrânia

Sim, isso não tem nada a ver com a OTAN!

Não entre em pânico, não se preocupe!

Mantenha as mãos leais levantadas pela irmandade!

1 Tim. 2:8 Por isso desejo que em todo lugar os homens orem, levantando mãos leais, sem ira e sem debates. 

Ágape

Yes Taiwan Complains About China's Airplane Activities Over The Last Two Years and has increased.

Not enough information as Taiwan's ADIZ also covers of at least 3 continental China provinces.

(I think this post of mine was moved from other discussion, or am I confused? 😄)

Edited by Paulo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russias-assault-on-ukraine-presses-forward-as-street-battles-rage-in-kyiv-11645864200

WORLD

Ukrainian Forces Repel Russian Attack on Kyiv, Prepare for Next Assault

Thousands of civilians take up arms to help defend the capital, while Russian forces face fierce resistance throughout Ukraine

KYIV, Ukraine—Ukrainian forces and thousands of freshly recruited volunteers regained control of Kyiv’s streets after Russian troops and undercover units in civilian clothes tried to enter the city in the early hours of Saturday, while Russian airstrikes, airborne landings and armored advances continued throughout the country.

On the third day of the war that Russian President Vladimir Putin unleashed with the aim of overthrowing Ukraine’s elected government and ending its alignment with the West, Ukrainian forces fought fiercely on all fronts, with each side asserting it had inflicted heavy losses on the other.

I have no doubt that the King of the North will be going into a mini rage due to embarrassment.'

Prayers for the brotherhood!

Don't know if this should be here but:

This is going to get hectic:

Finland, Sweden brush off Moscow's warning on joining NATO

https://news.yahoo.com/finland-sweden-brush-off-moscows-133243866.html

Is the expansion to NATO the biggest challenge for world domination between the King of North and the King of the South?

1 hour ago, sania said:

Global protest against Russian invasion... A Cry for Peace and security? 

GB prepares us:

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=202022171&srcid=share