JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

What beyond this in time frame? We are looking back 13.5 billion years ago. What I see is just galaxies and no hint of only stars beyond this. This is so far contradicts the Big Bang as we know it. Scientists need to pin point this section or another section and take constant pictures for a couple of days to see what is beyond 13.5 years ago. Or are they scared to find out that it is more complex then thought?

There is so much gravitational lensing in this photograph. I wonder if it's "dark matter" that's causing it?  

*I still find it funny that they can mock us for believing in a creator because they can't see or measure Him, but that believe in dark matter, something they can't see or measure.  They can just see the effects of it, the same way we see the effects of our creator.

President Biden reveals the James Webb Space Telescope's stunning first image

By Ashley Strickland, CNN

Updated 6:54 PM EDT, Mon July 11, 2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/world/james-webb-space-telescope-first-image-scn/index.html

[Ty White House]

https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-first-photos

Here are some snippets from this article:

....JWST images sparkle not only in comparison with earlier images, but also with images captured by older observatories. By May, NASA released a vivid comparison of a view from the Mid-Infrared Instrument, or MIRI, juxtaposed with a view of the same patch of the sky as seen by the Spitzer Space Telescope. [see image below]

[Re 'strip' pic #2 below]
While it's JWST's images that space fans might be most excited to see, scientists are also eager for images like this, an image taken during late-stage testing of the observatory's NIRSpec instrument.

NIRSpec is a spectrograph, which means it splits up light from any given source by wavelength. The result is a chemical barcode that scientists can use to identify what celestial objects are made of. NIRSpec is particularly powerful because it can gather spectra from many different sources at once: Each horizontal line in the test image represents a separate object.

Here is a list of the pics slated for release:

https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-1st-targets-list

Old (Downunder) Tone

Compare.png

Spectrograph.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

The universe, more than anything else, makes me believe in eternal life.

Not that long ago, humans didn't know what a Galaxy was. Then for a long time, we thought there was only one galaxy. Then we realized that so many of the stars we saw were galaxies themselves. Then we thought there was a million possible galaxies. Then we thought 200 million. Now the number is infinite.

"O God, your sea is so vast, and my boat is so small."

I'm really in love with this...

And yes, with eternal life, we will see it all. It's mind blowing. Thank you Jehovah.

Here is a comparison with Hubble

Hubble on the left, JWEBB on the right

D48RjDA.jpeg

2tj6IHk.jpeg

bHluCua.jpeg

0DfG7V5.jpeg

yuCf612.jpeg

"This deep field, taken by Webb’s Near-Infrared Camera (NIRCam), is a composite made from images at different wavelengths, totaling 12.5 hours – achieving depths at infrared wavelengths beyond the Hubble Space Telescope’s deepest fields, which took weeks."

Edited by Dages

We are looking at galaxies at 13.5 billion years ago and these galaxies look fully formed. This does not fit the timeline of the big bang theory. The big bang suppose to start 13.8 billion years and the stars suppose to start first within the first 300 million years and gradually form into galaxies and it would take time to do this. The time line does not add up.

From the livestream - One of the oldest galaxies is 13.1 billion years old, and it took them about a day to get that image.  Hubble couldn't see that galaxy after a week of staring at that area of space.  Simply incredible!  We're also seeing details that demonstrate Jehovah's power, wisdom, and his love for us.  These images are stunningly beautiful to us.  And they don't have to be.

image.thumb.png.9ffa7e386e1983be073442a951f0423a.png

image.thumb.png.8845b920defee45862aa9e9264529313.png

Everywhere you look, the sky is full of galaxies.  And Jehovah has named every star in every galaxy.  I'm pretty sure trying to pronounce one of those names would probably make our tongue want to run away from us permanently.  :lol1:

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

image.thumb.png.9ffa7e386e1983be073442a951f0423a.png

image.thumb.png.8845b920defee45862aa9e9264529313.png

Everywhere you look, the sky is full of galaxies.  And Jehovah has named every star in every galaxy.  I'm pretty sure trying to pronounce one of those names would probably make our tongue want to run away from us permanently.  :lol1:

What is amazing he can count them too. He probably can count them very very fast. It takes about over 71.5 thousand years to count a trillion that is if you can count each number per second.

Behold! The James Webb Space Telescope's stunning 1st science images are here.
By Rebecca Sohn published about 3 hours ago

The wait is finally over — for the photos and for all the research that will follow.

On Tuesday (July 12), NASA released some of the James Webb Space Telescope's first stunning images and data from during a live event. The four targets, including three images and a spectrum, capture the infrared universe in breathtaking detail. A fourth image, a sharply focused ultradeep field view, was unveiled on Monday (July 11) night by President Joe Biden during a live broadcast, revealing a universe older than we have ever seen. Together, the images and data represent the huge potential of the telescope to contribute to scientific research, and signal Webb's transition into an active scientific instrument...

The three images released during today's event show the Carina and Southern Ring Nebulas, as well as a group of galaxies called Stephan's Quintet. The fourth target is the spectrum of a gas giant exoplanet called WASP-96 b.

[This article also has video from release speech]
https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-1st-photos

Quick link to get your hi-res images: (scroll down)

https://webbtelescope.org/news/first-images/gallery

Old (Downunder) Tone

WebbGallery.jpg

ZoomIn.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

22 hours ago, Dages said:

Jehovah willing, we will be able to visit them all... I'm so in love with this idea :D 

Like every planet does not to be visit, I do not think that every galaxy need to be visit  too. Some of our planets in our solar system are protecting the earth. Likewise, some galaxies might protect our galaxy. Just a guess my brother.

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Like every planet does not to be visit, I do not think that every galaxy need to be visit  too. Some of our planets in our solar system are protecting the earth. Likewise, some galaxies might protect our galaxy. Just a guess my brother.

All. Things. New. My brother :D

On 7/13/2022 at 2:25 AM, Dustparticle said:

What is amazing he can count them too. He probably can count them very very fast. It takes about over 71.5 thousand years to count a trillion that is if you can count each number per second.

All these estimates were based on what we knew of the Galaxy last year. With JWST to change the formula, these numbers just jumped up by a factor of thousands.

Mr. Webb inadvertently took a picture of a black hole:

Infographic titled “Interacting Galaxies Stephan’s Quintet: Composition of Gas Around Active Black Hole; NIRCam and MIRI Imaging and NIRSpec IFU Spectroscopy.” The infographic shows a color image of a group of galaxies, a zoom-in color image to one of those galaxies, and four separate single-color images of a small portion of the center of the zoomed-in galaxy. Each of the four separate images is labeled with the wavelength of light that the image shows and the name of the atom, molecule, or ion that is emitting the light. From left to right: Atomic Hydrogen 0.656 microns shown in blue. Iron ions 1.64 microns shown in cyan. Atomic Hydrogen 1.87 microns shown in yellow. Molecular Hydrogen 4.7 microns shown in red. For more details, download the Text Description.

If you look at the red molecular hydrogen picture, that circle is the accretion disk around the black hole, and the nothingness in the middle is the approximate location of the event horizon of the black hole.

Nice article: https://scitechdaily.com/discovery-of-massive-galaxy-just-1-5-billion-years-after-the-big-bang-has-astronomers-questioning-formation-models/

This massive galaxy was fully formed and it takes 500 million - 1 billion years to form a galaxy. Something is not right with the time line.

Edited by Dustparticle

On 7/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, Thomas Walker said:

All these estimates were based on what we knew of the Galaxy last year. With JWST to change the formula, these numbers just jumped up by a factor of thousands.

If I'm right, then at least 1,728,000,000 stars form everyday and 43,200,000 died everyday. I assuming Jehovah knows it and count it too. Who has the mind of God? 1 Corinthians 2:16

[I found this interesting]

The James Webb Space Telescope is capturing the universe on a 68GB SSD
Luckily, it can transmit that data back to Earth far faster than Hubble.
Steve Dent
S. Dent
18 July 2022

With the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) now powered up and snapping some spectacular images, you may wonder exactly how it's storing them. Surprisingly enough, it carries a relatively tiny 68GB SSD, according to IEEE Spectrum — enough to handle a day's worth of JWST images, but not a lot more.

While that might sound ludicrously small for a $10 billion satellite, there are multiple reasons NASA chose the system...

https://www.engadget.com/the-james-webb-space-telescope-has-a-68-gb-ssd-095528169.html

Old (Downunder) Tone

Screenshot_20220718-215143_Chrome.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone