JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

59 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Plenty of time to learn this in the NS.

Now we can concentrate on learning the truly important things.

We'll have eternity to be fascinated by Jehovah's creative works.

So E = MC2 is a fact after all. Not a theory. 

Again, awake mags verified that  energy is a condensed matter.  

This internet is a product of physics.

It is full of wonders.

Btw, no new things from jwst . Im following NASA's page on my fb. 

[Technically not JWST - But nice pics none the less.)

A Green Bank Telescope Prototype Radar System Can Image the Moon in High-Resolution and Detect Asteroids

13 February 2023

By LAURENCE TOGNETTI,

UNIVERSE TODAY

Greyscale image of large crater surrounded by other craters

Prototype radar image zoom-in of Tycho Crater floor in 5-meter resolution detail. (Raytheon Technologies)

Everyone loves taking pictures of the Moon. Whether it's with their phones or through the wonders of astrophotography, photographing the Moon reminds us about the wonders and awesomeness of the Universe.

But while we can take awesome images of the whole Moon from the Earth, it's extremely difficult to get close-up images of its surface given the enormous distance we are from our nearest celestial neighbor at 384,400 km (238,855 mi)...

Read more:

https://www.universetoday.com/160048/a-green-bank-telescope-prototype-radar-system-can-image-the-moon-in-high-resolution-and-detect-asteroids/

PS I think those tracks in the crater were made by the Apollo 15 crew.

Note: More detailed pics in the article. 

Moon-1.jpg

Moon-2.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

NASA’s Webb Uncovers New Details in Pandora’s Cluster

Wednesday, February 15, 2023 10:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

Astronomers are "star struck" by Webb’s deep-field image of the megacluster

The ancient Greek myth of Pandora, much adapted by different storytellers and cultures, is at its heart a story of human curiosity and uncovering paradigm-shifting knowledge. In modern astronomy, a region of space where multiple galaxy clusters are merging has been named for the myth and become a favorite observational target for its ability to magnify much more distant galaxies behind it through a natural phenomenon called gravitational lensing. Using this trick of nature, astronomers use Pandora’s Cluster (Abell 2744) like a magnifying glass to reveal features in the early universe that would otherwise be impossible to observe even for the most powerful telescopes. 

Now a team of astronomers has combined the infrared imaging power of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope with the lens of Pandora’s Cluster to create a detailed image of 50,000 sources, including some never-before-seen features. Exploration of Pandora’s Cluster with Webb is ongoing, but already there are tantalizing hints of the new understanding of the universe it will uncover. 

Read more:

Astronomer Ivo Labbe of the Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, co-principal investigator on the UNCOVER program, said that in the lensing core to the lower right in the Webb image, which has never been imaged by Hubble, Webb revealed hundreds of distant lensed galaxies that appear like faint arced lines in the image. Zooming in on the region reveals more and more of them. 

“When the images of Pandora’s Cluster first came in from Webb, we were honestly a little star struck,” said Bezanson. “There was so much detail in the foreground cluster and so many distant lensed galaxies, I found myself getting lost in the image. Webb exceeded our expectations.” The new view of Pandora’s Cluster stitches four Webb snapshots together into one panoramic image, displaying roughly 50,000 sources of near-infrared light. 

Summary

The ancient Greek myth of Pandora, much adapted by different storytellers and cultures, is at its heart a story of human curiosity and uncovering paradigm-shifting knowledge. In modern astronomy, a region of space where multiple galaxy clusters are merging has been named for the myth and become a favorite observational target for its ability to magnify much more distant galaxies behind it through a natural phenomenon called gravitational lensing. Using this trick of nature, astronomers use Pandora’s Cluster (Abell 2744) like a magnifying glass to reveal features in the early universe that would otherwise be impossible to observe even for the most powerful telescopes. 

Now a team of astronomers has combined the infrared imaging power of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope with the lens of Pandora’s Cluster to create a detailed image of 50,000 sources, including some never-before-seen features. Exploration of Pandora’s Cluster with Webb is ongoing, but already there are tantalizing hints of the new understanding of the universe it will uncover. 

A crowded galaxy field on a black background, with one large star dominating the image just right of center. Three areas are concentrated with larger white hazy blobs on the left, lower right, and upper right above the single star. Scattered between these areas are many smaller sources of light; some also have a hazy white glow, while many other are red or orange. Even without zooming in, different galaxy shapes are detectable, like spirals, ovals, and arcs.
Pandora's Cluster (NIRCam Image)

Full Article
Astronomers have revealed the latest deep field image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, featuring never-before-seen details in a region of space known as Pandora’s Cluster (Abell 2744). Webb’s view displays three clusters of galaxies – already massive – coming together to form a megacluster. The combined mass of the galaxy clusters creates a powerful gravitational lens, a natural magnification effect of gravity, allowing much more distant galaxies in the early universe to be observed by using the cluster like a magnifying glass. 

Only Pandora’s central core has previously been studied in detail by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope. By combining Webb’s powerful infrared instruments with a broad mosaic view of the region’s multiple areas of lensing, astronomers aimed to achieve a balance of breadth and depth that will open up a new frontier in the study of cosmology and galaxy evolution.

“The ancient myth of Pandora is about human curiosity and discoveries that delineate the past from the future, which I think is a fitting connection to the new realms of the universe Webb is opening up, including this deep-field image of Pandora’s Cluster,” said astronomer Rachel Bezanson of the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, co-principal investigator on the Ultradeep NIRSpec and NIRCam ObserVations before the Epoch of Reionization (UNCOVER) program to study the region.

“When the images of Pandora’s Cluster first came in from Webb, we were honestly a little star struck,” said Bezanson. “There was so much detail in the foreground cluster and so many distant lensed galaxies, I found myself getting lost in the image. Webb exceeded our expectations.” The new view of Pandora’s Cluster stitches four Webb snapshots together into one panoramic image, displaying roughly 50,000 sources of near-infrared light. 

In addition to magnification, gravitational lensing distorts the appearance of distant galaxies, so they look very different than those in the foreground. The galaxy cluster “lens” is so massive that it warps the fabric of space itself, enough for light from distant galaxies that passes through that warped space to also take on a warped appearance. 

Astronomer Ivo Labbe of the Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, co-principal investigator on the UNCOVER program, said that in the lensing core to the lower right in the Webb image, which has never been imaged by Hubble, Webb revealed hundreds of distant lensed galaxies that appear like faint arced lines in the image. Zooming in on the region reveals more and more of them. 

“Pandora’s Cluster, as imaged by Webb, shows us a stronger, wider, deeper, better lens than we have ever seen before,” Labbe said. “My first reaction to the image was that it was so beautiful, it looked like a galaxy formation simulation. We had to remind ourselves that this was real data, and we are working in a new era of astronomy now.”

Pandora2023.png

On 2/14/2023 at 4:27 AM, JennyM said:

image.png.a3986b54dc574746722ad254389f0560.png

I would leap for joy  when I visited this darkest space observatory in Chile

Or one day to visit the International space station or do space walk near james webb telescope. 

James Web telescope is about a million miles from earth. In the NW, I would like to go a lot further than that.

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:
NASA’s Webb Uncovers New Details in Pandora’s Cluster

Wednesday, February 15, 2023 10:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

Read more:

Reveal hidden contents

Summary

A crowded galaxy field on a black background, with one large star dominating the image just right of center. Three areas are concentrated with larger white hazy blobs on the left, lower right, and upper right above the single star. Scattered between these areas are many smaller sources of light; some also have a hazy white glow, while many other are red or orange. Even without zooming in, different galaxy shapes are detectable, like spirals, ovals, and arcs.
Pandora's Cluster (NIRCam Image)

Full Article
Astronomers have revealed the latest deep field image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, featuring never-before-seen details in a region of space known as Pandora’s Cluster (Abell 2744). Webb’s view displays three clusters of galaxies – already massive – coming together to form a megacluster. The combined mass of the galaxy clusters creates a powerful gravitational lens, a natural magnification effect of gravity, allowing much more distant galaxies in the early universe to be observed by using the cluster like a magnifying glass. 

Only Pandora’s central core has previously been studied in detail by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope. By combining Webb’s powerful infrared instruments with a broad mosaic view of the region’s multiple areas of lensing, astronomers aimed to achieve a balance of breadth and depth that will open up a new frontier in the study of cosmology and galaxy evolution.

“The ancient myth of Pandora is about human curiosity and discoveries that delineate the past from the future, which I think is a fitting connection to the new realms of the universe Webb is opening up, including this deep-field image of Pandora’s Cluster,” said astronomer Rachel Bezanson of the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, co-principal investigator on the Ultradeep NIRSpec and NIRCam ObserVations before the Epoch of Reionization (UNCOVER) program to study the region.

In addition to magnification, gravitational lensing distorts the appearance of distant galaxies, so they look very different than those in the foreground. The galaxy cluster “lens” is so massive that it warps the fabric of space itself, enough for light from distant galaxies that passes through that warped space to also take on a warped appearance. 

“Pandora’s Cluster, as imaged by Webb, shows us a stronger, wider, deeper, better lens than we have ever seen before,” Labbe said. “My first reaction to the image was that it was so beautiful, it looked like a galaxy formation simulation. We had to remind ourselves that this was real data, and we are working in a new era of astronomy now.”

Pandora2023.png

Galaxies with billions of stars and planets in it. 

I have a theory that perhaps we could make other planets into earth like when we are guided by Jehovah how to do it. There are no limits in the laws of nature. What we are limited is engineering. 

3 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Galaxies with billions of stars and planets in it. 

I have a theory that perhaps we could make other planets into earth like when we are guided by Jehovah how to do it. There are no limits in the laws of nature. What we are limited is engineering. 

Yessssssssssss.

The Bible revealed Jehovah's purpose on Earth. But we do not know what will Jehovah do after all that he promise fulfilled here on Earth.

What will happen after tens or hundreds of thousands of years???

🤩🤩🤩

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

James Web telescope is about a million miles from earth. In the NW, I would like to go a lot further than that.

Huge possibility if we can live forever.

And invent spaceship faster than the speed of light. When prophet Daniel was praying, an angel from heaven appeared right away. Thats faster than speed of light. Or did Jehovah anticipate Daniel's needs/thoughts?

2 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Yessssssssssss.

The Bible revealed Jehovah's purpose on Earth. But we do not know what will Jehovah do after all that he promise fulfilled here on Earth.

What will happen after tens or hundreds of thousands of years???

🤩🤩🤩

Its in the new scroll. There will be  an announcement that some of His faithful servants will go to Andromeda galaxy. 🙂 Thats too far though. Milky way is 100,00 light years to cross from end to end. 

1 minute ago, JennyM said:

Huge possibility if we can live forever.

And invent spaceship faster than the speed of light. When prophet Daniel was praying, an angel from heaven appeared right away. Thats faster than speed of light. Or did Jehovah anticipate Daniel's needs/thoughts?

Good question. I wonder if the angel was in the area while Daniel was praying? Plus, going faster than speed of light can kill us. We had to invent something more safer or Jehovah might reveal  to us how to do it.

@Dustparticle In space, its extremely hot and cold and the spacesuit protects the astronaut. 

We cant go down so deep in the ocean because of the  water pressure,  but once inside a submarine ship, we can. 

and we cant fly or drive  as fast as we want due to gforce meaning the body's reaction to gravity when you accelerate. 

I believe there's a way. We havent found it how yet. 

Edited by JennyM

i have no problems with going to other planets....  technically its ground to,  and Jehovah gave the earth to mankind.

but i don't think we can do it without his help.  pretty much the theme of everything is we need Jehovah because he wants to be all things to everyone.

7 minutes ago, vern said:

i have no problems with going to other planets....  technically its ground to,  and Jehovah gave the earth to mankind.

but i don't think we can do it without his help.  pretty much the theme of everything is we need Jehovah because he wants to be all things to everyone.

True, and most planets in our solar system are  designed to protect our planet from harm. Jehovah know what he was doing when he made our  local solar system. We are talking about mathematics, etc.

Edited by Dustparticle

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

True, and most planets in our solar system are  designed to protect our planet from harm. Jehovah know what he was doing when he made our  local solar system. We are talking about mathematics, etc.

Things were created interdependently and so with humans.  

We have different talents, abilities and personality .. .and we need one another. 

There are bubbly, socially smart , introvert, calculating , intuitive, prefer more active jobs and some wanna sit down under the tree and write music or poems.

Different planets of sizes and types and they mutually benefits one another. 

5 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Things were created interdependently and so with humans.  

We have different talents, abilities and personality .. .and we need one another. 

There are bubbly, socially smart , introvert, calculating , intuitive, prefer more active jobs and some wanna sit down under the tree and write music or poems.

Different planets of sizes and types and they mutually benefits one another. 

Believe me sis, I can write music or poems while laying in my bed or eating chocolate.

NASA’s Webb Reveals Intricate Networks of Gas and Dust in Nearby Galaxies

Release date: Thursday, February 16, 2023 11:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

Young stars’ impact on galaxy evolution explored with PHANGS program

The saying goes, ‘From a tiny acorn grows the mighty oak.’ This is accurate not just here on Earth, but in our solar system and beyond. Even on a galactic scale, where individual stars and star clusters can sculpt a galaxy’s overall structure. Scientists say NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope is perfectly primed to study these phenomena, and the first data is astounding astronomers.
New imagery from Webb’s Mid-Infrared Instrument is revealing never-before-seen details into how young, newly forming stars influence the structure of the gas and dust of nearby galaxies, and therefore how they evolve over time. Areas of galaxies that once appeared dim and dark in visible light, now under Webb’s infrared eye, are glowing cavities and huge cavernous bubbles of gas and dust.

Read more [PLUS more images]:

NGC-1433.png

NGC-7496.png

NGC-1365.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

We've Just Seen an 'Exceptional' Once-in-a-Millennium Space Explosion

16 February 2023

By MICHELLE STARR

A record-breaking gamma-ray burst detected in October 2022 has now been described as a one-in-a-thousand years event.

It's called GRB 221009A, and with up to 18 teraelectronvolts of energy packed in its emissions of light, it's considered the most powerful gamma-ray burst on record

More:

https://www.sciencealert.com/weve-just-seen-an-exceptional-once-in-a-millennium-space-explosion

PS I like the name of the author. Lol

GRB-Flash.png

Photos: The Webb Telescope Fires Back Jaw-Dropping New Galaxy Images

Jamie Carter

Senior Contributor

Feb 17, 2023,10:00am EST

The James Webb Space Telescope—a $10 billion observatory that sees beyond human vision and into the infrared—has sent back more images of galaxies in unprecedented resolution.

The images are the subject of a special issue of journal The Astrophysical Journal Letters this week that features a whopping 21 research papers that together tease-out new details about the beginnings of star formation and how that affects the evolution of huge galaxies.

The images were all taken using JWST’s MIRI (Mid-Infrared Instrument), a camera and a spectrograph that sees light in the mid-infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum and takes better-than-Hubble wide-field astrophotography images.

JWST’s ability to see in infrared means it can look through dust clouds that block visible light reaching telescopes like Hubble. However, as this image (above) of the “Phantom Galaxy” shows, JWST is also proving a huge step forward when compared to its predecessor, the infrared-capable Spitzer Space Telescope, which was live between 2003 and 2020. The galaxy is about 32 million light-years distant in the constellation of Pisces.

“Since Spitzer was retired, we haven’t had much access to the mid-infrared spectrum, but JWST is incredible,” said Karin Sandstrom, Associate Professor of Physics at University of California San Diego and co-author of one of the new papers, on the interstellar medium (the gas and dust between galaxies). Spitzer had a mirror that was 0.8 meters whereas JWST’s mirror is 6.5 meters. “It’s a huge telescope and it has amazing instruments,” said Sandstrom. “I’ve been waiting a very long time for this.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2023/02/17/in-photos-the-webb-telescope-fires-back-jaw-dropping-new-galaxy-images/

All of these stunning images are part of one of the early “Webb Treasury” studies. The long-running Physics at High Angular resolution in Nearby GalaxieS (PHANGS) survey has been building a dataset that investigates the links between stars and cold molecular gas in spiral galaxies, most recently using Hubble, but also the ALMA radio observatory and the Very Large Telescope, both in Chile.

The international research team is now using JWST to survey the stars, star clusters, and dust that lie within 19 nearby galaxies. Five have now taken place—four of which feature here—with 14 more to come.

Wishing you clear skies and wide eyes.

Jamie

NGC-628.png

Watch: The scale of the entire Universe versus JWST’s views

The glorious sights that JWST keeps revealing are less than a millionth of the whole Universe. Just imagine what else is out there.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
JWST is humanity's most powerful astronomical observatory, revealing details about objects near and far at unprecedented resolutions in near and mid infrared light.

Yet each of its individual images, even the most famous ones, represent only a tiny fraction of the sky, as this ultra-deep observatory has incredibly narrow-seeing eyes.

A series of new visualizations put some of JWST's most iconic images into context by showing them against the entire Universe. Just imagine what else is out there!

{There are some really nice pics and video clips on this link. It shows how composite pics are made, and how the detailed shots we see now compare to earlier pics.}

JwstReview .png

I recently got caught up reading an article on Dark Energy and Vacuum Gravity at 'Singularity', being an unsolved problem. 

Other than repeating the terms, I have little understanding of how they try and mathematically work out what happened at the Big Bang, why we need the mysterious Dark Energy, and why the universe is rapidly expanding despite Black Holes that should slow it down...

I have come to the conclusion that humans may think they know the details of how things started in our universe.

It did start, and there was a creator!

But it may well be some time before we work out 'how' it started. 

Regardless of how it all began, all glory to The Creator!