JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

11 hours ago, jayrtom said:

It's not related

Invariably Jehovah existed without any Universe or even Jesus. Because they where created, whatever how long that was

from time indefinite meaning, time was not measured. They discovered that the universe was twice older. Thats really old which means to me that Jehovah has existed way older than His creation and He is too old that time is immeasurable with Him. His creation was created long time ago, billions years ago which means that time was indefinite with Jehovah. 

And of course Jehovah doesnt have beginnings. 

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

from time indefinite meaning, time was not measured. They discovered that the universe was twice older. Thats really old which means to me that Jehovah has existed way older than His creation and He is too old that time is immeasurable with Him. His creation was created long time ago, billions years ago which means that time was indefinite with Jehovah. 

And of course Jehovah doesnt have beginnings. 

I told an elder years ago that according to our standpoint Jehovah always been old. He present himself as Ancient of Days.  It is mind boggling. Daniel 7:13

Edited by Dustparticle

29 minutes ago, Dages said:

He has infinite age haha. He is old.

Back on topic, he is older than any of the stars that we see with the JWST. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, Dages said:
26 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Back on topic, he is older than any of the stars that we see with the JWST. 

thats true for sure,

my grandchildren are a lot older than a fly outside my window, but that doesnt make them old,

just older than the fly in comparison,

but they are not old themself

how can something/someone that has no age/beginning be old?

since God has existed in infinity, 

its mathematically impossible to add extra numbers of days/time units to His life time

something that has existed forever has no point in time when it gets old

God has existed forever and even after another zillion years he will not have  increased his age

anything that has a beginning can and will get older as the clock starts to tick,

but Jehovah has no start clock

being older than something,

is not the same as being old

1 minute ago, jps said:

I agree, but I thought it was a kind way to remind everyone to stay on topic.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, jps said:

thats true for sure,

my grandchildren are a lot older than a fly outside my window, but that doesnt make them old,

just older than the fly in comparison,

but they are not old themself

how can something/someone that has no age/beginning be old?

since God has existed in infinity, 

its mathematically impossible to add extra numbers of days/time units to His life time

something that has existed forever has no point in time when it gets old

God has existed forever and even after another zillion years he will not have  increased his age

anything that has a beginning can and will get older as the clock starts to tick,

but Jehovah has no start clock

When Jehovah is called "old" is not in the sense of age but in the sense of wisdom

1 hour ago, jps said:

true 👍

thats why we have young elders and old elders,

its about maturity/wisdom

on the other hand,

the illustration fails a bit

Jehovah has never matured or gained wisdom since that would suggest there was a period when He had only(!) half of it

anyway,

i get it, very OT 😄

[A NetFlix Ad]

Cosmic Time Machine:' Director discusses new James Webb Space Telescope documentary (exclusive)

By Jeff Spry

published about 16 hours ago

This summer celebrates the one-year anniversary of JWST's first science observations. The huge observatory has been peering back in time toward the origins of our universe and providing astrophysicists and amateur stargazers across the planet stunning data to dissect.

The final installment of Netflix’s four-part "Unknown" docuseries, titled "Cosmic Time Machine," unveils details of how the biggest-ever space telescope was conceived, developed and launched.

https://www.space.com/netflix-james-webb-space-telescope-documentary-director-interview

Netflix trailer:

https://youtu.be/X1G0cYnZBHo

Doco.jpg

TimeMachine.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

10 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Cosmic Time Machine:' Director discusses new James Webb Space Telescope documentary

Just watched this and, as I always am when I view these chronicles of achievement by brilliant scientists, I am awe struck.  The images that the JWST seen so far are breathtakingly stunning. 

It only reinforces the power and glory and majesty of our God, Jehovah. 

Each time I see these kinds of mind-blowing accomplishments by men (and women,) I think of what Jehovah said in the days of Nimrod:  

Ge 11:6 6 Jehovah then said: “Look! They are one people with one language, and this is what they have started to do. Now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be impossible for them.

W74 1/15 said:

For about four thousand years the language barrier that God established has remained. It has served to prevent large-scale regimentation—yes, widespread regimentation under one false religion, the religion that began in Babylon. Having a common language helps bad men to cooperate more easily in a bad thing. 

I get that, but I can’t help wondering how much further along men would be in making huge scientific strides, i.e. the exploration of space, etc. had Jehovah not confused the languages. 

Just me thinking . . .

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

Webb Snaps Highly Detailed Infrared Image of Actively Forming Stars

July 26, 2023 10:00AM (EDT) Release ID: 2023-131

Summary

Forecast: There’s a 100% chance of recurring two-sided jets for a pair of stars that are actively gathering mass.

Like kittens, actively forming stars are balls of energy. But instead of being overtaken by the zoomies, stars emit energy in the form of jets, creating fantastic, textured scenes. That’s the case for two tightly orbiting stars, known as Herbig-Haro 46/47.

NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope captured the most detailed portrait of these stars to date. The pair of actively forming stars has sent out jets in two directions for thousands of years. Although Herbig-Haro 46/47 has been studied by many telescopes, both on the ground and in space, since the 1950s, Webb is the first to capture them in high-resolution near-infrared light. With Webb, we can now understand more of the stars’ activity – past and present – and peer through the dusty blue nebula, which appears black in visible-light images, that surrounds them. Over time, researchers will be able to glean new details about how stars form...

Now, turn your eye to the second most prominent feature: the effervescent blue cloud. This is a region of dense dust and gas, known both as a nebula and more formally as a Bok globule. When viewed mainly in visible light, it appears almost completely black – only a few background stars peek through. In Webb’s crisp near-infrared image, we can see into and through the gauzy layers of this cloud, bringing a lot more of Herbig-Haro 46/47 into focus, while also revealing a deep range of stars and galaxies that lie well beyond it. The nebula’s edges appear in a soft orange outline, like a backward L along the right and bottom.

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/news-releases/2023/news-2023-131.html#section-id-2

HerbigHaro.jpg

1 hour ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Now, turn your eye to the second most prominent feature: the effervescent blue cloud. This is a region of dense dust and gas, known both as a nebula and more formally as a Bok globule.

When viewing these new images from the WEBB telescope, I can't help but be in complete awe of Jehovah's majesty. It brings to mind Psalm 144:3: "O Jehovah, what is man that you should notice him, the son of mortal man that you should pay attention to him?" And yet, he does. That is a comforting thought.

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Screenshot_20230729_192504.thumb.jpg.642c81ece4b8b7d3e3d0625f1c0d19a0.jpg

Almost looks photoshopped.😁

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif