JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Petrol (gas) prices worldwide

5 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I was holding back to fill up my car (dual tanks). I had hoped the price would go down. I was wrong.
I spent over AUD $275.
My last fill was closer to$200.
My next fill will probably be over $300.
Ouch
emoji26.png
I paid cash for this car a few months ago. I might need to take out a Bank loan to run the thing!
emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

I only fill maybe once a month, about 50litres for my tank. I actually use just a much fuel for the lawn mower and other gardening equipment than what I use for my vehicle in the same period. When I used to go Sydney to watch footy, I may fill up once a fortnight during the footy season, but have been since COVID started. I am just lucky I only have to drive 5km to work, and if I need anything in town I do it after work.

If you wanting to know a history of the petroleum industry, below is a link to a good podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/a-history-of-oil/id378694504

The podcast does highlight some very interesting politics of why certain countries have issues with what has happened because of oil.

3 hours ago, Pabo said:

If you wanting to know a history of the petroleum industry, below is a link to a good podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/a-history-of-oil/id378694504

The podcast does highlight some very interesting politics of why certain countries have issues with what has happened because of oil.

If you are interested in the oil industry, this is a fascinating book and movie. It is over 30 years old so it doesn't cover any recent events.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prize:_The_Epic_Quest_for_Oil,_Money,_and_Power

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I get free gas to mow the lawn for my John Deere riding mower, how? At my local grocery store ( Publix ) every month as an incentive to shop there, they have a coupon, buy over $50 worth of groceries ( not hard to do ) and you can purchase a $50 gas card for only $40, thus giving you $10 worth of free gas or about 2 1/2 gallons of gas, all of my weed eaters and other power yard tools are battery!  ;-$

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, even with the little bit of gas rebates, at the moment prices are outrageous. There is a current promotion going on here in Germany to travel on the local trains all over Germany for 9€ a month until August, which is incredibly good!! I have been taking the bicycle more grocery shopping, walking places more, and will be heading into another town by train next week for an appointment. I am aiming to use the bicycle and train more, depending on the weather. I would have gone bicycle riding into the next town today to get some grocery items, but the weather is better tomorrow so will wait until then.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

So.. This week in the Netherlands we had a new record:

Gasoline: €2.50 per liter!
That's around $10 per gallon.

The government brought taxes down for gasoline, and that helped for 2 to 3 weeks

I'm sooo happy I only have a bicycle. The only thing I "pay" for are some tired legs and some wet clothes during showers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

So.. This week in the Netherlands we had a new record:

Gasoline: €2.50 per liter!
That's around $10 per gallon.

The government brought taxes down for gasoline, and that helped for 2 to 3 weeksemoji23.png

I'm sooo happy I only have a bicycle. The only thing I "pay" for are some tired legs and some wet clothes during showersemoji23.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

If we tried to ride bikes here, we would get run off the road or die. Our drivers do not have patience for cyclists. Plus the distance is prohibitive. 
These gas prices will be affecting the prices of food and goods. The whole system is gearing up for economic chaos. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 3/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, Tortuga said:

California is close to averaging $5 per gallon.

Most fuel stations around us are over $6 a gallon. Fortunately I own some Chevron stock and the increase in the quarterly dividend offsets the cost of gasoline a little.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I really feel bad for truckers. I went shopping to Walmart about 60 miles away and diesel was almost $7😳

Independent drivers probably thinking about parking their rigs.

One guy on a video was saying it cost him $20,000 a week to fuel his 3 rigs. There’s no profit for them in that. They’re working just to fuel the truck. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Independent drivers probably thinking about parking their rigs.

That's part of the problem. They are not only "thinking" about it - they are parking their trucks, thus adding to the shortages on store shelves.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Its just my personal observation but I think that once we have experienced high gasoline prices like this that it will happen again and again. We will see larger variations in gasoline prices than we have in the past. 

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Its just my personal observation but I think that once we have experienced high gasoline prices like this that it will happen again and again. We will see larger variations in gasoline prices than we have in the past. 

It could be related to "holiday season" or Russia's refusal to sell oil to countries that introduced price-cap. 

Our prices went up as well $1.99 per liter. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 1/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, Lee49 said:

So $7.50/gallon ? 😧around $2.70 gallon here ( or cheaper ) according to gas buddy!

On 1/2/2023 at 7:03 AM, New World Explorer said:

Our prices went up as well $1.99 per liter. 

There are 3.78 litres per US Gallon, thus it would be US$0.71 per litre based on US$2.70 per US Gallon.

Now factoring for AU$ exchange rate to US$ of AU$1 = US$0.68, thus those in the US are paying around AU$1.04 per litre, or AU$3.95 per US Gallon, which is about half the price that we pay.

But you would also have to factor in what the your net income after tax in compared to the two countries, then the figures could be severely skewed when comparing the true cost of of living.