JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 755 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The annual report from the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network, now in its 10th year, factors in such variables as income, healthy life expectancy, generosity, freedom, trust and social support in the final tally.

Australia ranked higher than some similar nations including Canada (15th), the United States (16th) and the United Kingdom (17th).

Australia's ranking hasn't changed in the two years since the COVID-19 pandemic began, despite tough control measures including border closures and extended lockdowns.

Finland has taken the top spot for the fifth year running, with Nordic nations dominating the top 10.

Rounding out the top five were Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and the Netherlands.

https://www.traveller.com.au/worlds-happiest-countries-for-2022-named-h22jly

Old (Downunder) Tone

Happy-1.png

Happy-2.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

I'm Happy to see  a great report thanks for sharing

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

The annual report from the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network, now in its 10th year, factors in such variables as income, healthy life expectancy, generosity, freedom, trust and social support in the final tally.

Australia ranked higher than some similar nations including Canada (15th), the United States (16th) and the United Kingdom (17th).

Australia's ranking hasn't changed in the two years since the COVID-19 pandemic began, despite tough control measures including border closures and extended lockdowns.

Finland has taken the top spot for the fifth year running, with Nordic nations dominating the top 10.

Rounding out the top five were Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and the Netherlands.

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Happy-1.png

Happy-2.jpg

I hope this means we can go travelling. Last yr we were supposed to go to Whitt Sundays but had to cancel cause of Border clossures.

Today Hubby just said we going to try again. Later this yr. I hope so. Its been  Since the last international assembly since we had an adventure/

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

10 minutes ago, carlos said:

When I read the title I thought this thread was about Disneyworld. :lol:

The original Disneyland, it was born just a month before my wife was..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The happiest place on earth will be in my kitchen 🤣🤣❤️

When my land lady fixes my oven and stove.

Last year just before lockdown we had a power outage. Went to use my oven and no power. Turns out it's to do with the wiring to the house.

The hot plates kept going crazy had to go out to the metre box to turn off the stove. So in the meantime I'm using my own I bought. 

So happy  

@Downunder Guy sorry to change your post a little. Lol

IMG_20210725_190908841_HDR.thumb.jpg.ebd6ad0f851931f7bd6b1ac6d12caa86.jpg

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

15 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

The happiest place on earth will be in my kitchen 🤣🤣❤️

When my land lady fixes my oven and stove.

Last year just before lockdown we had a power outage. Went to use my oven and no power. Turns out it's to do with the wiring to the house.

The hot plates kept going crazy had to go out to the metre box to turn off the stove. So in the meantime I'm using my own I bought. 

So happy  

@Downunder Guy sorry to change your post a little. Lol

IMG_20210725_190908841_HDR.thumb.jpg.ebd6ad0f851931f7bd6b1ac6d12caa86.jpg

I hope she gives you a discount on your rent.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 minute ago, GeordieGirl said:

I hope she gives you a discount on your rent.  

I thought she wouldn't put it up. But she did. She talks to my hubby so I don't know til he's told me. Hmmmm!!!

3 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I thought she wouldn't put it up. But she did. 

So greedy.  Charges you more but doesn't fix whats broken - which she is legally required to do.  The trouble is that with the housing shortage you get scared to say anything in case she doesn't renew your lease.

It's a lose lose in this system. 💗

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

So greedy.  Charges you more but doesn't fix whats broken - which she is legally required to do.  The trouble is that with the housing shortage you get scared to say anything in case she doesn't renew your lease.

It's a lose lose in this system. 💗

Yeah . If we remain patient one day it may all be ours thanks to Jah. I keep saying. 😉

On 3/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Happy-1.png

Happy-2.jpg

How Finland is the happiest living so close to Russia? I thought anxiety levels would increase significantly? Unless poll was taken before the war? Maybe? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

The World Happiness Report lists states, drawing attention to many aspects of life that have an impact on human experience and well-being. GDP correlates with a better quality of life, but the report also takes into account other issues that may not be directly reflected in GDP. A good life cannot always be measured in quantities. Quality is affected by other factors in society, such as low levels of corruption, public confidence, a safe and clean environment, healthy lifestyles, freedom, and adequate social security. The report is based on the experience of people from 149 countries, about 1,000 of whom were responsible.

In their own opinion, Finns are often the most unhappy people in the world, from whom the taxpayer takes all the money and the rest of the money disappears in the trade
Is a Finn happy when he burns his back in the sauna heater and treats it "inventively" while sitting on a hot stove? 🙂

Finland has also got the highest suicide rate! What is their criteria to decide happiest?

If you talk about subjective happiness, then yes, Finland checks all the boxes. So it seems strange that they should also have a failing mental health. If you say that “everybody is happy, so shut up”, then it might become harder to spot those who are not.

Also, I guess, if you live in a culture where it is not ok for especially men to have issues with depression because they must be the strong silent type, then I suppose it is not helping at all. Even though they subjectively check all the boxes that make people happy.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”