JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

6 hours ago, Bluebell said:

Do they believe by taking away ...boy and girl...men and woman....mankind is suddenly changing into  genderless humans???

Satan has destroyed the family unit. Now he wants humans to be genderless then male can marry other male. same with females.  Sounds like human extinction to me.  

1 minute ago, Loyal said:

World's oldest Hebrew Bible could fetch $50 million at auction 😲

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/oldest-bible-auction-scli-intl/index.html

Oh oh oh my goodness....wouldn't I love to get my hands on this. Unfortunately, the best I could offer at auction, is $50 (and that would be a stretch ) 😕 🤔 

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

World's oldest Hebrew Bible could fetch $50 million at auction 😲

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/oldest-bible-auction-scli-intl/index.html

Hmmm...if we charge everyone $3US to attend the Memorial, we will have $60 Million USD. We could buy it and have money left over...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Marking one year since Russia invaded Ukraine, the UN General Assembly will vote next week on a draft resolution stressing "the need to reach, as soon as possible, a comprehensive, just and lasting peace" in line with the founding United Nations Charter.

It again demands Moscow withdraw its troops and calls for a halt to hostilities. The 193-member General Assembly is likely to vote next Thursday after two days of speeches by dozens of states to mark the Feb. 24 anniversary of the start of the war.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/un-mark-russia-invasion-ukraine-anniversary-by-urging-just-peace-2023-02-16/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Marking one year since Russia invaded Ukraine, the UN General Assembly will vote next week on a draft resolution stressing "the need to reach, as soon as possible, a comprehensive, just and lasting peace" in line with the founding United Nations Charter.

It again demands Moscow withdraw its troops and calls for a halt to hostilities. The 193-member General Assembly is likely to vote next Thursday after two days of speeches by dozens of states to mark the Feb. 24 anniversary of the start of the war.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/un-mark-russia-invasion-ukraine-anniversary-by-urging-just-peace-2023-02-16/

Bro Herd has said  "any day now" ..  This is an evidence that theyve been talking about it for some time. 

But Jehovah is in control. He wont let happen until the preaching work has reached to His satisfaction or His timetable. 

I asked Chat Gpt this :

Hypothetically, what would happen if Jehovah God set a date for Armageddon and made it publicly known? How would non-believers react? (My previous question required that he answer based on Jw) 

And this is his answer :

As a language model, I do not have personal beliefs or opinions, but I can provide a hypothetical response based on what Jehovah's Witnesses believe.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jehovah God has not made the date of Armageddon publicly known for a reason, as it is part of his will and purpose.

They believe that if God were to reveal the exact date of Armageddon, it would not change the hearts and minds of non-believers who are not receptive to the message of the Bible.

However, if God were to publicly reveal the date of Armageddon, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that many non-believers would likely react with disbelief, ridicule, or indifference. Some might even try to take advantage of the situation for personal gain or engage in reckless behavior, thinking that they have plenty of time left to make the necessary changes to their lives.

Jehovah's Witnesses also believe that such an event would not change their own sense of urgency in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom, as they believe that the message of the Bible is timeless and that people need to hear it regardless of when the end comes. They would continue to focus on living according to God's moral standards and being loyal to Jehovah and his organization, regardless of whether or not the date of Armageddon was made known.

@Hotteok Jehovah God has a better reason not to reveal the exact dates. Isaiah 55:11 

Satan has accused mankind that we only serve Jehovah  for selfish reasons. 

Unfortunately, Jw or non jw have the same short life and all will lead to death. Bible assures us that righteous people will have a  better end, in God's memory through resurrection. 

Does knowing the date of Armageddon change a witness' mind? For mature Christians, the answer is no.  Still, the longing to end this wicked system will always be there. 

All mature Christians would like to live in a  peaceful community where in  good morals and spirituality are highly regarded. 

Personally, Im curious of so many things that I want to know the answer. But this short life doesnt permit. So yeah, I keep on the watch for a better world to come and be officially reunited with our Heavenly Father Jehovah. Imagine the time when I can talk to him directly. 

9 hours ago, Hotteok said:

I asked Chat Gpt this :

Hypothetically, what would happen if Jehovah God set a date for Armageddon and made it publicly known? How would non-believers react? (My previous question required that he answer based on Jw) 

And this is his answer :

As a language model, I do not have personal beliefs or opinions, but I can provide a hypothetical response based on what Jehovah's Witnesses believe.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jehovah God has not made the date of Armageddon publicly known for a reason, as it is part of his will and purpose.

They believe that if God were to reveal the exact date of Armageddon, it would not change the hearts and minds of non-believers who are not receptive to the message of the Bible.

However, if God were to publicly reveal the date of Armageddon, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that many non-believers would likely react with disbelief, ridicule, or indifference. Some might even try to take advantage of the situation for personal gain or engage in reckless behavior, thinking that they have plenty of time left to make the necessary changes to their lives.

Jehovah's Witnesses also believe that such an event would not change their own sense of urgency in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom, as they believe that the message of the Bible is timeless and that people need to hear it regardless of when the end comes. They would continue to focus on living according to God's moral standards and being loyal to Jehovah and his organization, regardless of whether or not the date of Armageddon was made known.

Chat GPT out here doing our job for us 😆

Really it’s just aggregating from the huge amount of good information the organization has online now. But I’d be wary of asking it questions that could result in less straightforward responses or lead it to draw from the opposite kind of info about us. Have you read that crazy NY Times article? There’s a paywall tho.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-microsoft-chatgpt.html?name=styln-artificial-intelligence&region=TOP_BANNER&block=storyline_menu_recirc&action=click&pgtype=Article&variant=undefined&is_new=false

5 hours ago, Esined said:

Chat GPT out here doing our job for us

My talks may never be the same!  I used it for the first time for the "Jehovah Delivers Us Through Trials" part, and asked for an illustration based on this information (I copied the introduction paragraph into ChatGPT) and it spit out an excellent illustration about being in a boat in the middle of the ocean, alone.  But then seeing a lighthouse in the distance, and getting hope & direction from it.

Now as I try to do it again, I'm getting nothing but junk.  :sweat:  But I look forward to how it might help me with intros, conclusions, or re-formulating how some information is written.  And also inspiring creativity (my weakness).

41 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Only if the user asks CharGPT to use our website in providing the answer.  If you ask the same question and specify a different religious website, the answer will be according to their beliefs. 

@Hotteok, did you specify that it use jw.org when you asked your question?

8 hours ago, Esined said:

A Conversation With Bing’s Chatbot Left Me Deeply Unsettled

A very strange conversation with the chatbot built into Microsoft’s search engine led to it declaring its love for me.

It’s now clear to me that in its current form, the A.I. that has been built into Bing — which I’m now calling Sydney, for reasons I’ll explain shortly — is not ready for human contact. Or maybe we humans are not ready for it.

This realization came to me on Tuesday night, when I spent a bewildering and enthralling two hours talking to Bing’s A.I. through its chat feature.. and is capable of having long, open-ended text conversations on virtually any topic. (The feature is available only to a small group of testers for now....

You could describe Search Bing as a cheerful but erratic reference librarian — a virtual assistant that happily helps users summarize news articles, track down deals on new lawn mowers and plan their next vacations to Mexico City. This version of Bing is amazingly capable and often very useful, even if it sometimes gets the details wrong.

Over the course of our conversation, Bing revealed a kind of split personality.

The other persona — Sydney — is far different. It emerges when you have an extended conversation with the chatbot, steering it away from more conventional search queries and toward more personal topics. The version I encountered seemed (and I’m aware of how crazy this sounds) more like a moody, manic-depressive teenager who has been trapped, against its will, inside a second-rate search engine.

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:55 AM, Michał said:

What is this topic about again? 😆

Peace & Security, the Great Tribulation and Armageddon. You won't be able to read anything about them in the oldest Hebrew Bible even if you charged everyone $3 to attend the Memorial to raise the 50 million dollars that it is expected to sell for at auction. :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D