JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 6/28/2022 at 5:40 AM, Doak said:

I've made so many changes in my life for the end of the system

We need to make changes, not just for the end of this system, but make change for Jehovah primarily...

2 Pet. 3:15 consider the patience of our Lord as salvation.

While we patiently waiting for the end of this system, we must clothes ourselves with patience and other Christian personality... While we wait, preach... while we wait, teach... while we wait, draw closer to Jehovah... Have a close relationship with him, ask for his blessings while we are waiting... Keep yourself busy brother...

Jehovah will surely bring the end of this system in his right time... 

I served Jehovah 18 years in total. Im glad Armageddon hasnt arrived. I still need to work on my personality. 

However, when I look sufferings in the world and my own sufferings. I want it right away. 

When I get refreshed in the meetings and feel happy, 18 years to me was just yesterday. 

Jehovah will always help us endure. 

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Most of the world does not live by Jerusalem's time. If so, I be in bed getting my beauty sleep. SHALOM my brother!

🤣 I said that because most of the Bible accounts took place in the Middle East and they measured time using the Jewish calendar. So I figured Jehovah might still use “Jewish time” to say in the new scrolls when the end came.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 hours ago, *Jack* said:

🤣 I said that because most of the Bible accounts took place in the Middle East and they measured time using the Jewish calendar. So I figured Jehovah might still use “Jewish time” to say in the new scrolls when the end came.

That is true because it did happened in the Middle East. To me there no use of using Jewish Calendar now days regarding 21st events for  Jehovah to act in the near future.

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I knew a Brother years ago, quite elderly man, he had a somewhat unique way of looking at this...

His assertion was that humans, us in particular, have a hard time grasping amorphous concepts, such as the passage of time, like 'oh, someday', or 'imminent'..or 'in due time'... 

His solution was to define a set timeframe that is easier to digest, in his case it was 2 weeks..

He said that anyone can grasp 2 weeks,so, when in conversation about GT or Armageddon, he would say "2 weeks, it'll be here in 2 weeks" ...

So, my Brother, 2 more weeks.....:thumbsup:

When it's spring, I say next autumn.

When it's autumn, I say next spring. :D

@jrnievasYup. Thats only one country, in France. 

There are so many cases of abuses  in Ireland, Canada, Germany, Australia. They are in the media these days. 

Do you remember books written by Rizal? It included priests sexual abuse too. 

No wonder at Revelation says to "get out of her my people." 

Edited by JennyM

12 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

That is true because it did happened in the Middle East. To me there no use of using Jewish Calendar now days regarding 21st events for  Jehovah to act in the near future.

I’m not saying Jehovah will use Jewish calendar days to act in the future. I’m saying that in the new world, when Jehovah has the date mentioned in the new scrolls, he may use Jewish time to pen the date to harmonize with the rest of the Bible. It may use a Hebrew name for the month it happened it and say something like on the - day of the presidency or rulership of this president or that like the Bible always does 😊

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 2/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, Loyal said:

I am realizing that the UN, the WHO,the pope, they calmed down the news, they must be planning something 

I don't know..... I found this article in French

follows what the UN president said:

As the "risks of escalation" in Ukraine increase, the world is heading "with eyes wide open" to "a wider war," the UN secretary-general was alarmed Monday in a particularly somber speech presenting his priorities for 2023.

War in Ukraine, climate crisis, extreme poverty... "We begin the year 2023 with our eyes set on a convergence of challenges never seen in our lifetime," António Guterres declared before the UN General Assembly.

According to the scientists who manage the doomsday clock, humanity has never been so close to its end, now with 90 seconds to midnight , he reminded, seeing this as an alarm signal.

"We need to wake up and get to work," he insisted, listing the urgent issues for 2023.

At the top of that list is the war in Ukraine .

"The prospects for peace continue to diminish. The risks of further escalation and carnage continue to grow. "

"I fear that the world is not sleepwalking into a major war, but I fear that it is actually doing so with its eyes wide open," he said, before worrying about other threats to peace, from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to Afghanistan via Myanmar, the Sahel or Haiti.

"If all countries fulfilled their obligations under the [United Nations] Charter, the right to peace would be guaranteed," he insisted, putting respect for human rights at the center of those values.
More broadly, António Guterres denounced the lack of "strategic vision" and the "pendency" of political and economic decision-makers for the short term.

"The next election. The next political maneuver to hold on to power" or "stock prices the next day": "Such short-term thinking is not only deeply irresponsible, it is immoral. "

Crumbs for the poor
Emphasizing instead the need to think about future generations, he repeated his call for a "radical transformation" of the global financial architecture.

"There is something fundamentally wrong with our economic and financial system," he insisted, pointing to its responsibility for increasing poverty and hunger, the gap between rich and poor, or the poverty and debt burden of developing countries.

"Without fundamental reforms, the richest countries and individuals will continue to accumulate wealth, leaving only crumbs for communities and countries in the South."

A concern echoed by representatives of developing countries from Africa to small island states.

"The poorest cannot continue to pay the high price for the benefit of the richest," insisted Cuban Ambassador Pedro Luis Pedroso Cuesta, on behalf of the G77 + China group, which includes 134 developing countries.

According to the United Nations Development Program, with the pandemic, the world has already gone back five years in terms of human development (health, education, standard of living).

And "the development goals are disappearing in the rearview mirror," lamented António Guterres, referring to the 17 goals outlined in 2015 to achieve poverty eradication by 2030, food security for all, and even access to clean and affordable energy.

"We have opportunities to save them, however assured the secretary-general, who is organizing a summit in New York on the issue in September.

The fight against global warming and "climate ambition" will be at the center of another summit also in September to which he invited world leaders, "subject to conditions."

"Show us accelerated action for this decade and ambitious new plans for carbon neutrality or please don't come," he said.

He also hit back at the fossil fuel industry: "If you can't plan a credible path to carbon neutrality, with targets for 2025 and 2030 that cover all your operations, you shouldn't be in business." .

https://www.ledevoir.com/monde/780695/le-monde-se-dirige-vers-une-guerre-plus-large-s-alarme-le-chef-de-l-onu

4 hours ago, Loyal said:

Im on the lookout for this too so  Ill be signing up for public cart witnessing at night this Sunday and will do return visit and bible study in the evening too. 

Time is running out fast. 

Thanks for all your posts. It help me to keep awake and reach out for privileges. Its not because end is coming  and that I wanna be saved but because people need help. 

See you all in paradise earth very soon. 

49 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Estou atento a isso também, então estarei me inscrevendo para o testemunho público de carrinho à noite neste domingo e farei uma revisita e um estudo bíblico à noite também. 

O tempo está se esgotando rapidamente. 

Obrigado por todas as suas mensagens. Isso me ajuda a ficar acordado e a buscar privilégios. Não é porque o fim está chegando e eu quero ser salvo, mas porque as pessoas precisam de ajuda. 

Vejo todos vocês no paraíso terrestre muito em breve. 

I also really appreciate your comments, we all need to be warmed up with biblical truths 

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Just wait and see what happens now that he has come out that the US was behind the Nord Stream2 sabotage.......

Your statement implies that the nations in general accept Russian reports as accurate.  A search of mainstream media doesn't appear to support this. 

Time will tell. 

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Just wait and see what happens now that he has come out that the US was behind the Nord Stream2 sabotage.......

Well,  they knew all along that they didn't do it  to their own pipeline.

But mainstream media wanted the world to think they did.

So, now mainstream media is ignoring this plausible theory, doesn't mean it isn't true.  It probably means that it is true.