JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I'm sharing this only because it speaks about world peace.

The Secretary of Energy , Jennifer Granholm , Biden Administration said "Clean energy is the best peace plan the world has ever known."

Apparently, she means that inexhaustible clean energy sources (solar , wind ) cannot be 'weaponized' , held hostage , or in other ways exploited by greedy leaders or businessmen.

There's probably nothing to her statement , but interesting to think of what will eventually cause the world leaders to say "Peace and Security!"

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'm sharing this only because it speaks about world peace.

The Secretary of Energy , Jennifer Granholm , Biden Administration said "Clean energy is the best peace plan the world has ever known."

Apparently, she means that inexhaustible clean energy sources (solar , wind ) cannot be 'weaponized' , held hostage , or in other ways exploited by greedy leaders or businessmen.

There's probably nothing to her statement , but interesting to think of what will eventually cause the world leaders to say "Peace and Security!"

I too think that world peace and security must have a lot to do climate change.

UN thinks that too.

Probably not only that, but it could be a composite thing.. or a solution including the Russian war now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry you took it this way brother Michael

I'm not calling Mary a false god, I'm saying that technically there's nothing wrong with calling her Queen of Heaven

Now I understand why we don't do that, because it is attached to a pagan stigma. There are a lot of things that are not wrong in themselves, but we still do not do because of their association with false worship. Like celebrating Jesus's birth, or depicting aureolas on biblical characters. These in themselves aren't bad, but these practices are associated with heathen rituals so that's why we reject them. It's the same with trimming the extremities of the beards for the ancient Jews, Jehovah forbade it not because it's a bad thing but because it was a practice of Canaanite culture according to the Insight book.

Also brother Eejay pointed out that she isn't a woman anymore. It's true that, as a spirit, she can no longer be identified as a biological or physiological female. Still, having a transformed body doesn't erase their past existence, mentally she can still be called 'female', is the way I personally understand it. 

I assure you I'm not saying we should start calling Mary with the same title as the false deity also nicknamed Queen of Heaven. Sorry if my post made you stumble, I apologize 😌

Edited by Jwanon

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, comtemplate said:

This peace video and call to rally for peace seems illogical

It starts off like a video on jw.org with no real answer for  peace, why, because we know man cannot bring lasting peace, no matter how much or what government he tries! It is only through God's Kingdom and rulership over the whole earth can true peace be accomplished!

1 hour ago, comtemplate said:

With so much turmoil going on in the world wars reports of wars pestilences famine just like the Bible reads as if it’s a newspaper … This peace video and call to rally for peace seems illogical… your thoughts???

Satan the master manipulator an chief imitator has used the UN to create a video eerily similar to JW. 

2 hours ago, comtemplate said:

With so much turmoil going on in the world wars reports of wars pestilences famine just like the Bible reads as if it’s a newspaper … This peace video and call to rally for peace seems illogical… your thoughts???

Blah, blah, blah..... it’s the same thing over and over again. 

“We need peace! We need peace!” But there is no peace.

I’m so sick of hearing about it. And there’s no reason to get excited every time we talk about it. It will come suddenly and unexpectedly.

6 hours ago, comtemplate said:

Nice video. People without hope will find hope in that message. That's a good opportunity for us to show them what the Bible says.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Nice video. People without hope will find hope in that message. That's a good opportunity for us to show them what the Bible says.

Many people pray for peace ... 

Well, with some skill we can incorporate this into our presentations for January.

Question: Does God listen to prayers? 
Scripture: Ps 65:2
Link: What can we pray about? 

Return Visit
Question: What can we pray about? (Peace?) 
Scripture: 1Jo 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.

Link: How does God answer our prayers? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 12/5/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jwanon said:

nothing wrong with calling her Queen of Heaven.........mentally she can still be called 'female

Sorry friend, not in any sense:  Gal. 3:28, And no way can the immortal spirit creature formerly known as "Mary" ever be referred to as "queen of heaven"!

6 minutes ago, Loyal said:

UN persists in wanting to make a cheap imitation of the Kingdom of God 

Do they have any other option? :P

The only other alternative is full submission  to the arrangement of the Kingdom, which they continually refuse. 

Even politicians ,they see the Carts with the good news of the Kingdom, in fact many are well acquainted well with our work and door to door ministry.

UN is well aware of our Christian work, yet Daniel 2:44 foreshadows what must happen. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Making my small contribution:

Biden will make a migration speech tomorrow and says he hopes to see "peace and security" if he visits the southern border next week.

Biden was asked Wednesday on the South Lawn what he hoped to see if he made a trip to the U.S.- Mexico border, his first as President.

"Peace and Security" was his first response.

YEAH, BABY !!!!!

9 hours ago, Loyal said:

I can't say anything but I feel that this year 2023 something will happen in this scenario of peace and security and we will need a lot of patience 

Maybe, but i am expecting earthquakes:

2020-2021: pandemic

2022: + war + food shortages 

2023: + earthquakes

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

• 2 weeks later...