JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 minutes ago, Paulo said:

That is the reason of so many reports of Chinese warplanes flying over Taiwan's controlled airspace, because said controlled airspace covers a few kilometers inside China's mainland. News reports always omit this tiny detail.

And Venezuela/Guyana issue goes back to even before 1899. At that time USA, following the Monroe doctrine, unilaterally decided to arbitrate the question and gave the territory to the UK. Venezuela is complaining since 1899.

News reports are also omitting this detail.

There's also a new one in town. Ethiopia and Eritrea. Ethiopia wants some part of Eritrea.

1992 seems an important date.

As mentioned by brother Splane.

Also the year when JW were registered again in Russia after 75 years of ban.

They regained power again to preach untill 2017 when they were banned again.

IMG_6884.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

34 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

There's also a new one in town. Ethiopia and Eritrea. Ethiopia wants some part of Eritrea.

Not really new. The modern conflict started in the early 1960's

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

I f memory serves.

The generation is over lapping life spans of anointed.

Lets say 20 year old got anointed and lived to 90 so 70 years from 1914 = 1984.

Lets say the over lap is the same. 1984 + 70 = 2054....

I hate math......  I hope i am wrong....

60 over lap would be 1914 +120 = 2034

Still hate math....

14 minutes ago, vern said:

I f memory serves.

The generation is over lapping life spans of anointed.

Lets say 20 year old got anointed and lived to 90 so 70 years from 1914 = 1984.

Lets say the over lap is the same. 1984 + 70 = 2054....

I hate math......  I hope i am wrong....

60 over lap would be 1914 +120 = 2034

Still hate math....

Yes, potentially the overlapping generation could go on for another 30 years....don't think that will happen though.

1 hour ago, eliaseje said:

Yes, potentially the overlapping generation could go on for another 30 years....don't think that will happen though.

Worst case scenario would be a brother or sister find themselves baptized AND anointed at 20 years of age in 1991/92.  That would put them at 51 now.  Could live to be 80, 90 .  .   .  who knows.

But Jesus used emphatic terms at Mt. 24:34  "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen".

Synonyms for 'by no means'  -  In no way.   Certainly not.

What’s happening in USA ?!?!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12850109/amp/china-hacking-taiwan-power-infrastructure-passwords.html

Chinese-affiliated hacking groups infiltrated critical American infrastructure, including Hawaii water utility and at least one oil and gas pipeline, US officials say

Video (2minutes)

https://x.com/chuckcallesto/status/1734246100565987492?s=48&t=mlryf1YFphExyHv4kSNESQ

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, eliaseje said:

Oui, potentiellement, la génération qui se chevauche pourrait durer encore 30 ans… mais ne pensez pas que cela se produira.

Ultimately the generation could stretch (even if the demonstration of brother Splane subsequently supported by brother Flodin was there precisely to tell us that there was no question of this generation lasting) but not the Earth . The earth is comatose, if the generation lasts the earth will not.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Chinese-affiliated hacking groups infiltrated critical American infrastructure,

"The hackers also attempted to break into the operator of Texas’s power grid, which operates independently from electrical systems in the rest of the country."

There's an old saying - " Don't Mess With Texas " !  😂

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/12/11/china-hacking-hawaii-pacific-taiwan-conflict/

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Chinese-affiliated hacking groups infiltrated critical American infrastructure, including Hawaii water utility and at least one oil and gas pipeline, US officials say

So the next 'Pearl Harbor' will be by computer...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My opinion: there is absolutely no need to be calculating the specifics of this generation (when, how, time frame, how long a generation could be, how long the generation that Jesus spoke about would last, 1992, etc). It is going beyond the things that are written. What is written is: "stay awake, stand firm, prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the son of man is coming." Let's stay awake and keep our senses and stop the mathematical brouhaha, please?

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Here' my $.02

The number of partakers today is not relevant to "this generation".

The number of partakers in 1992 would indicate those who are a part of "this generation", as Br. Splane explained.  Because they would be contemporaneous with the first group.  Overlapping the first group.

So, consider the number of partakers in 1992 and imagine how many of those are still alive 31 years later.  These are the ones who "will by no means pass away until all these things occur".

Also, the FDS has said Jesus didn't necessarily mean there would only be a few of them remaining.

I have said it before -  Our organization keeps very good records.  There is no reason why they can't know how many of today's partakers were partaking back in 1992.  

Might be they already know if the final sealing is happening... another indicator of GT is coming soon. 

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

Might be they already know if the final sealing is happening... another indicator of GT is coming soon. 

As all of the current members of the GB are part of the generation - they would KNOW if they've received their final sealing.

I have to believe if that happened, they'd be telling us.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

25 minutes ago, trottigy said:

As all of the current members of the GB are part of the generation - they would KNOW if they've received their final sealing.

I have to believe if that happened, they'd be telling us.

According to acts chapter 2 when the 120 disciples received the Holy Spirit, all of them knew the rest 119 also had it because it was something visible for them.

At the same way, I believe the anointed may know when the final

sealing comes to every member of that class.

But this is just my thought.

24 minutes ago, Osprey said:

How would they know that? Feel that the same way as they feel that they are anointed? Just know that they have been sealed?

Absolutely, all GBs know they receive their final sealing. Once they receive it they will inform us the proximity of time remaining until GT. They and the Master are so happy of this final seal. 

This topic is a depository for every stray subject remotely connected to the future..

Wait..that would be everything!

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

48 minutes ago, truce said:

My opinion: there is absolutely no need to be calculating the specifics of this generation (when, how, time frame, how long a generation could be, how long the generation that Jesus spoke about would last, 1992, etc). It is going beyond the things that are written. What is written is: "stay awake, stand firm, prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the son of man is coming." Let's stay awake and keep our senses and stop the mathematical brouhaha, please?

Jesus said that and we can’t ignore this verse. We’re just trying to understand what it means even if we shouldn’t try to calculate a specific date but it makes us understand that we are closer than we may think…

2 minutes ago, johnnyjw01 said:

Jesus said that and we can’t ignore this verse. We’re just trying to understand what it means even if we shouldn’t try to calculate a specific date but it makes us understand that we are closer than we may think…

With every passing day, we draw closer to the end, with or without the mathematics. Jesus gave us a composite sign, but he didn't ask us to try to calculate or guess the nearness of the end using mathematics or algebra or AP or GP. That would be counterproductive and opposite to the spirit of what he said at Acts 1:6-7 ... It does NOT belong to you to get to know the times and seasons which "the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction." For more evidence that we are living in the time of the end, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and Revelation 6 adds some more details. Jesus said: "when you see these things happening, know that he is near at the doors." Do we see these things happening? Should what we see be enough? Is the evidence clear? 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Absolutely, all GBs know they receive their final sealing. Once they receive it they will inform us the proximity of time remaining until GT. They and the Master are so happy of this final seal. 

Maybe it happens when they are together celebrating the memorial, as the anniversary day goes around the world 🤔 ?? In a future year to come 😊

1 hour ago, truce said:

Do we see these things happening? Should what we see be enough? Is the evidence clear? 

I would go further and dare to say that Jesus also told us to pay attention to Daniel Prophecy.

GT is described in Daniel 12:1

We are seeing in front of our eye the last part of chapter 11 on the news.

obly a few details left unfulfilled.

This is enough for my faith 💖🙏

6 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I would go further and dare to say that Jesus also told us to pay attention to Daniel Prophecy.

Very much agree

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

24 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Yes true sis. Sofi. These verses give us more faith...