JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

5 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

Not sure if anyone watched or listened to the live United Nations assembly today.  Some of the short speeches AFTER the resolution was passed, from a number of countries, were very condemning of some of the Western Nations who voted against progress in the pass.   "Peace & Security" mentioned a number of times from various countries, but that is not unusual as we know.   There were tons of comments on the side while it was running live, people quoting P&S and the famous scripture (and then all their (misled) thoughts of what was going to happen).   I am not claiming this meeting had any significance to us in the whole scheme of things, but it was at least interesting.   I will let others comment if they saw it.   Still no agreement yet on having "2 states".   Many of the drafts not adopted though. 

65f8dd42a37b01baa5631505ad8845368fc27349.webp.be322d2b7b7d1f372d0e887be101b2d2.webp

Israel-Gaza latest news: UN General Assembly to vote on call for Gaza ceasefire - BBC News

UN backs demand for immediate Gaza ceasefire

The UN General Assembly has overwhelmingly adopted a non-binding resolution demanding an immediate "humanitarian ceasefire" in Gaza.

153 member states voted in favour, 10 against and there were 23 abstentions.

This was a second attempt by the UN General Assembly which in October had called for "a humanitarian truce" in a resolution adopted with 121 votes in favour, 14 against and 44 abstentions.

When you look at the ones who decided to remain absent, there are a fair amount that are from Europe and the Mediterranean:

Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, UK.

And those who voted against who are in Europe and the Mediterranean:

Austria, Czechia, Isreal (of course)

Perhaps they may have a larger percentage of Jews living in their country and thought it was best to say "I didn't vote on it", so as to keep some peace within their borders.

Edited by Pabo

5 minutes ago, Pabo said:

And those who voted against who are in Europe and the Mediterranean:

Austria, Czechia, Isreal (of course)

Perhaps they may have a larger percentage of Jews living in their country and thought it was best to say "I didn't vote on it", so as to keep some peace within their borders.

In this vote, Australia broke ranks with the USA & Britain, and voted in favour, despite strong condemnation from the government opposition and Jewish organisations here in Oz.

7 hours ago, Pabo said:

Quand on regarde ceux qui ont décidé de rester absents, il y en a un bon nombre qui viennent d’Europe et de la Méditerranée :

Bulgarie, Géorgie, Allemagne, Hongrie, Italie, Lituanie, Pays-Bas, Roumanie, Slovaquie, Ukraine, Royaume-Uni.

Et ceux qui ont voté contre qui sont en Europe et en Méditerranée :

Autriche, Tchéquie, Israël (bien sûr)

Peut-être ont-ils un plus grand pourcentage de Juifs vivant dans leur pays et ont-ils pensé qu'il valait mieux dire "je n'ai pas voté là-dessus", afin de maintenir une certaine paix à l'intérieur de leurs frontières.

In Europe and in France in particular (the Jewish community of the diaspora is very present there) there is a fairly powerful pro-Israeli lobby but as you say so well, we talk about it with great caution due to the intercommunity tensions that exist. The subject of anti-Semitism is so thorny that we use a lot of language to talk about it. The subject is active nitroglycerin.

This could be the teeth that the UN will gain, If the veto power is removed in the UNSC, that would be a game changer.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/inside-story/2023/12/12/should-the-five-permanent-members-of-the-unsc-have-veto-powers-revoked

Discussion of removing veto power has been brought up recently before in the UN Press.

https://press.un.org/en/2018/ga12091.doc.htm

I don't see possibility that Russia would ever agree to being stripped of veto power in UNSC under the current leadership. Removal of veto would require that they don't veto this decision :)

If it will be done unilaterally by some other party, they will not recognize it, so it seems like dead end however you look at it.

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

It seems to me that one country shouldn't be able to stop a majority. Maybe they will decide that the veto has to be supported by at least a few other nations.

That would be its first baby tooth...😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

This could be the teeth that the UN will gain, If the veto power is removed in the UNSC, that would be a game changer.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/inside-story/2023/12/12/should-the-five-permanent-members-of-the-unsc-have-veto-powers-revoked

Discussion of removing veto power has been brought up recently before in the UN Press.

https://press.un.org/en/2018/ga12091.doc.htm

Yep

this is meaningful 💖🙏

Yet in my opinion and according to Revelation, since it’s Jehovah who puts in their hearts, all will agree on doing the BTG destruction 

since all will agree… no need to reform anyway. The veto power won’t be used. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

17 hours ago, Doug said:

Okay  :mellow:   I must be missing something.  2014 book.  2014 Watchtower.  2015 Broadcast.   Tamato -Tomato.

In the book, the graphic suggests what I would call a substantial overlap between the two groups.  That is subjective, of course.

Br Splane went so far as to say if a baby is born ten minutes after someone dies, then that someone and the baby were never part of the same generation.  And if the baby is born ten minutes before someone dies, they are part of the same generation.

Hmm, That isn't what he said. This is a link to the video - https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201509_1_VIDEO

This is a transcript of that part of the video (around the 4 minute mark):

Now, suppose there was a man who died 10 minutes before Joseph was born. Would he be part of Joseph's generation? No. Because he never lived at the same time as Joseph, he was not a “CONTEMPORARY” of Joseph's. Now suppose there was a little baby who was born 10 minutes AFTER Joseph died, would the baby be a part of Joseph's generation? Again, no because the baby would not have lived at the same time as Jospeh. For the man and baby to be part of Joseph's generation, they would have had to live at least some time during Joseph's live span.

That last part is the key - right? "they would have had to live at least some time during Joseph's live span." - that's not just 10 minutes - as you pointed out in the picture there would be some overlap. How much?- enough for them to be considered "contemporaries".

note: a transcript where this was shared by Bro Flodin (with a picture similar to the one in the "God's Kingdom" book) can be found here (but it does not inculde this earlier part):

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Yep

this is meaningful 💖🙏

Yet in my opinion and according to Revelation, since it’s Jehovah who puts in their hearts, all will agree on doing the BTG destruction 

since all will agree… no need to reform anyway. The veto power won’t be used. 

Agreed - that fits with what Revelation says.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is exactly why Jehovah has to do away with BTG.  

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/us/pope-francis-takes-on-unprecedented-attacks-from-american-opponents/index.html

This statement is so wrong: Francis is happy to be criticized but pointed out cardinals make a specific oath of obedience to the pope and his successors,

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

4 hours ago, ChrisW said:

This is exactly why Jehovah has to do away with BTG.  

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/us/pope-francis-takes-on-unprecedented-attacks-from-american-opponents/index.html

This statement is so wrong: Francis is happy to be criticized but pointed out cardinals make a specific oath of obedience to the pope and his successors,

Made me think of Jesus words at Matthew 12:25 - ..... “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to ruin, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.

We know that it is by Jehovah, via the nations, that these ones will be destroyed, but this in-house fighting is showing to the world of Catholics that they are no better or different to any other organisation. Those waters will continue to dry up. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:54 PM, Sofia said:

Important politicians realize the alliance called KOTN:

IMG_9769.jpeg

They are forgetting a few more countries mentioned in Daniel 11:43

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

As mentioned before, there is much talk in the past few years about the effect Climate change has on Peace and Security.

Of course, over the many years, leaders and others have said that ___INSERT ISSUE____  is affecting peace and security, sometimes regional, at other times internationally.   Covid was one of them affecting it they said back then.

The thing that has been on the news, and intensifying coverage, is that of Climate change and the "great urgency" to come up with a plan.   The video listed below is just one of the many examples you can easily search for and find how Climate is related to Peace and Security, as they point out.   This is a global problem for mankind as we know, and not just a passing one such as a regional war or virus.   More protests and demands for Climate change are occuring, COP28 being an example.  

The climate tie-in to P&S is interesting.

29 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Interesting that only after verse 40 nations are called by their names.

The whole prophecy doesn’t call by name no lands before that verse.

But after verse 40 we can read some lands names.

May be symbolic of course.💖🙏

Yet… coincidence or not, the Lybians and Ethiopians are in fact Russian Allies.

Amon, Moabe, Edom territories today are located in Jordan.

Egypt is an ally of USA.

Even verse 45, IF taken literally, referrs to actual Israel Territory because from Jerusalem to east today it’s the West Bank (Cisjordânia).

Today Israel occupies the territory from the (Mediterranean) sea untill the holy mountain (Jerusalem), not further east.

But verse 45 has been explained to have not a literal meaning. 

Yet, all this builds up my faith 🙏💖

This has been written so many centuries ago!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

42 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I take them literally but not from our 2023 eyes.

And not as countries but as places.

Back in the days of Daniel, Lûvîm was all the land west of Egypt, later the greeks called it Libya.

Now we call it North Africa, and is all the land north of the Sahara.

And Cûšîm, meaning dark skin, later was called by the greeks as Aethiopia, or burnt faces.

And  now we call it Sub-Saharan Africa.

So I read Lûvîm and Cûšîm as all, or almost all, the countries in Africa.

And we have recently seen several revolts and movements against the west. And the west loosing its control in Africa also seem to confirm this.

The best map I have found is the one from wikipedia.

1920px-Herodotus_world_map-en.svg.png

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Interesting that only after verse 40 nations are called by their names.

The whole prophecy doesn’t call by name no lands before that verse.

But after verse 40 we can read some lands names.

May be symbolic of course.💖🙏

Yet… coincidence or not, the Lybians and Ethiopians are in fact Russian Allies.

Amon, Moabe, Edom territories today are located in Jordan.

Egypt is an ally of USA.

Even verse 45, IF taken literally, referrs to actual Israel Territory because from Jerusalem to east today it’s the West Bank (Cisjordânia).

Today Israel occupies the territory from the (Mediterranean) sea untill the holy mountain (Jerusalem), not further east.

But verse 45 has been explained to have not a literal meaning. 

Yet, all this builds up my faith 🙏💖

This has been written so many centuries ago!

I cherish your enthusiasm towards all things prophecy. 

1 minute ago, truce said:

I cherish your enthusiasm towards all things prophecy. 

Thank you :D

Edited by Sofia

I was looking at the research guide for Daniel 11:43 and it made these comments from the Daniel book.

Based on these comments, are we to assume that “Egypt” is referring to the KOTS, atleast that’s the most recent printed understanding from the GB?

I was thinking with regards to paragraph 19….About the money and funding the USA is giving to support Ukraine and Israel. It’s almost like Russia is ruling over or controlling the wealth of USA( KOTS?) Take my comments with a grain on salt tbh. Until the GB says otherwise we don’t know for sure 🙏🙏

IMG_9865.png

IMG_9866.png

Edited by MChill14

1 hour ago, MChill14 said:

I was looking at the research guide for Daniel 11:43 and it made these comments from the Daniel book.

Based on these comments, are we to assume that “Egypt” is referring to the KOTS, atleast that’s the most recent printed understanding from the GB?

I was thinking with regards to paragraph 19….About the money and funding the USA is giving to support Ukraine and Israel. It’s almost like Russia is ruling over or controlling the wealth of USA( KOTS?) Take my comments with a grain on salt tbh. Until the GB says otherwise we don’t know for sure 🙏🙏

IMG_9865.png

IMG_9866.png

These verse and reference so far are useful for future clarification. For now, we try to assess based on the current scenario that would fit the future expectation. 

The reference of Egypt can also be a reference to trade, as Egypt was at the time just another land and not an empire anymore.

And the Suez Canal, in Egypt, is an important trade route, where all the gold, and silver, and desirable transit.