JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Only king of the South is clearly destroyed by angel forces and not humans ( Daniel 2:44 and 8:24-26)

as for the king of the North he will come to its end with no helper. The prophecy only says this. Does not clearly mention the way he reaches its end.

The Daniel said that

"he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him. “During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people.

And Ezekiel identifies the nations of Gog as exactly the same nations that follow the KOTN steps. And that they will be destroyed by Jehovah.

Using both accounts seem to show that both kings will be destroyed not by human hands but by Jesus.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Only king of the South is clearly destroyed by angel forces and not humans ( Daniel 2:44 and 8:24-26)

as for the king of the North he will come to its end with no helper. The prophecy only says this. Does not clearly mention the way he reaches its end.

Edited by Dustparticle

2 hours ago, Paulo said:

And Ezekiel identifies the nations of Gog as exactly the same nations that follow the KOTN 

From the w20 May  Rival Kings in the Time of the End:

Scriptures - Ezek. 38: 11, 14-17;  Mt. 24:31

Prophesy  -  Gog invades the land of God's people.

Fulfillment  -  The king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world's governments, attacks God's people.

I think this is an adjustment?   ALL of the nations, Satan's entire political system, are participants in Gog's attack.    Led by KotN.   And, this indicates the KotN will still be "in business"  right down to the time the anointed are taken to heaven.

STUDY ARTICLE 20

Who Is “the King of the North” Today?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2020/Who-Is-the-King-of-the-North-Today/

Paragraph 16 : 

This attack by the king of the north,  acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, provokes the Almighty and brings on the war of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16) At that time, the king of the north, along with the rest of the nations that make up Gog of Magog, comes to his end, and there will be “no helper for him”.—Dan. 11:45.

2020401_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

STUDY ARTICLE 20

Who Is “the King of the North” Today?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2020/Who-Is-the-King-of-the-North-Today/

Paragraph 16 : 

This attack by the king of the north,  acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, provokes the Almighty and brings on the war of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16) At that time, the king of the north, along with the rest of the nations that make up Gog of Magog, comes to his end, and there will be “no helper for him”.—Dan. 11:45.

2020401_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg

this is a little off topic, but why does Jesus have a bow and arrow instead of a sword?

And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron

Re 19:15

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

but why does Jesus have a bow and arrow instead of a sword?

Long distance fighting. The sword is when he gets closer. Someone can probably turn that into a good illustration 😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What I find interesting is Sennacherib (in the movie) lost all 185,000 troops in one fell swoop of the angel's (Jesus?) wings with no sound, poof just gone. No sword, no bow and arrow. Couldn’t he just do that again? But Jesus, shares the privilege of fighting this last war on unfaithful humans, dignifying those that Satan has targeted so long. 

I hope it happens fast like in the original passover. In one night.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

9 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

wings with no sound, poof just gone. No sword, no bow and arrow. Couldn’t he just do that again?

[...]

I hope it happens fast like in the original passover. In one night.

I do not think it will be so easy for Jehovah's enemies this time.

Most, if not all, just died without knowing who and why.

This time the nations will know exactly who is destroying them and why they are being destroyed.

"[After destroying Gog] I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’ - Ezekiel 38:22

EU mulls potential joint naval mission in Red Sea amid Houthi attacks

EU countries are expected to discuss a potential new naval operation that would aim to re-establish security and freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, as Yemen’s Houthis continue to attack ships in the vital international trade route.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/eu-mulls-potential-joint-naval-mission-in-red-sea-amid-houthi-attacks/

39 minutes ago, Paulo said:

EU mulls potential joint naval mission in Red Sea amid Houthi attacks

EU countries are expected to discuss a potential new naval operation that would aim to re-establish security and freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, as Yemen’s Houthis continue to attack ships in the vital international trade route.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/eu-mulls-potential-joint-naval-mission-in-red-sea-amid-houthi-attacks/

wow. Someone posted that the middle east war will be escalated last week and here it goes.  

War is an opposite of progress. 

This will destabilize world's economy. Things will get harder and harder. 

12 minutes ago, cme said:

It was on the news this morning.

There are no reports anywhere about any ground invasion, or any plans to do it.

This is Sanaa yesterday, after the attacks.

The KOTS will find an unpleasant welcome there.

"Yemeni demonstrators hold placards during a protest following US and British forces strikes, in the Huthi-controlled capital Sanaa on January 12, 2024 amid the ongoing battles between Israel and the militant Hamas group in Gaza. ©  MOHAMMED HUWAIS / AFP "

image.thumb.jpeg.2108d7b352de4cd272d2fd43db0b95bc.jpeg

Edited by Paulo

18 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

How exhausting this world is!!! But He will not wear us out, ever. Is 40:29-31. Peace is coming with a white horse.

50 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

An interesting detail is that while Turkey and USA are both members of NATO, those kurdish rebels are backed, equipped and supported by the KOTS, and considered as terrorists by Turkey.

Edited by Paulo

7 hours ago, Paulo said:

This time the nations will know exactly who is destroying them and why they are being destroyed.

"[After destroying Gog] I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’ - Ezekiel 38:23

It would be nice if the execution was non-violent, like with the elite Assyrian warriors.  They simply didn't wake up.

But, at the end the people will need to realize they have rejected God's sovereignty.  They insist on doing things their way.

Vs 21 says "Every man's sword will be against his own brother".   Those not killed by someone else will face the heavenly executioners.  The 'clean-up' crew, as it were.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Vs 21 says "Every man's sword will be against his own brother".   Those not killed by someone else will face the heavenly executioners.  The 'clean-up' crew, as it were.

I think that scripture is very interesting. We know how volatile the world is now, any act of injustice can cause a riot. Now imagine what will happen when false religion is outlawed and people feel their freedoms are restricted. I expect to see mass rioting around the world and many many deaths. Religious wars in the absence of religion will be brutal.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I think that scripture is very interesting. We know how volatile the world is now, any act of injustice can cause a riot. Now imagine what will happen when false religion is outlawed and people feel their freedoms are restricted. I expect to see mass rioting around the world and many many deaths.

Religious wars in the absence of religion will be brutal.

How many of those people will be resurrected? "We don't know" 🤣

Edited by Tortuga