JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Quote from link below:  “Climate and conflict are two leading drivers of (our) global food crisis,” the secretary-general said. “Where wars rage, hunger reigns – whether due to displacement of people, destruction of agriculture, damage to infrastructure, or deliberate policies of denial.”

UN chief warns climate chaos and food crises threaten global peace: ‘Empty bellies fuel unrest’ | PBS NewsHour

31 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

Greece has become the first Orthodox Christian country to legalise same-sex civil marriage, despite opposition from church officials.

Seems like it wasn't from the churches, this time.

15 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Here in Brazil, the current threat is Dengue, a disease transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Just this year, over 500 thousand cases have been registered. There are army tents set up to provide assistance to people. We hope for the time when no inhabitant will say, "I am sick." Isaiah 33:24

image_processing20200417-21626-1cl5sxt.jpeg.c231777bc1a92f9d8a971d8a1045b3f3.jpeg

mosquitoes are number one killers,its killed more than all disease and wars put together. it still holds the record every year as number one killer.

15 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

Please share the content if possible

we are praying for you and the other brothers 

These are the recomendations (sory, i use automatic translator)

Many publishers have found the following suggestions helpful:

1) Make an effort to buy food when there are discounts or they are cheaper

2) Depending on the area, obtain animals that provide food or that can be raised and sold.

3) Preserve food, perhaps by drying, canning or curing it.

4) Identify government assistance programs to obtain free or lower cost food. Keep in mind that there are national, provincial and municipal programs and sometimes it is possible to qualify for more than one at a time.

5) Identify agricultural training programs funded by the Government.

6) Avoid food waste. For example, if these are not suitable for human consumption, perhaps they can be used as fertilizer or animal feed.

7) Conserve water.

Perhaps publishers can grow their own food. Even those who do not have land can grow food in containers installed on rooftops or balconies, if laws allow it. When doing so, keep the following suggestions in mind:

1) Plant a variety of crops with a short growing period in a staggered manner.

2) Increase the amount of seeds planted to obtain a more abundant harvest. (Some find it helpful to use a seed calculator to determine how many to plant to meet the family's needs.)

3) Use superior quality seeds

4) Instead of immediately selling harvested produce, you may be able to store it for future use or sell it later at a higher price.

5) If you have unused farmland, look into the possibility of other publishers using it.

6) Those with less experience in growing food can benefit from the help of those with more experience in local growing methods.

Of course, we fully trust in Jehovah’s promise that he will meet our needs. (Matt. 6:33) At the same time, we understand that he expects us to do what we can to care for our own needs. Doing so gives us a feeling of dignity and satisfaction (read Ecclesiastes 5:18)

10 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

2) Depending on the area, obtain animals that provide food or that can be raised and sold.

4) Identify government assistance programs to obtain free or lower cost food. Keep in mind that there are national, provincial and municipal programs and sometimes it is possible to qualify for more than one at a time.

6) Avoid food waste. For example, if these are not suitable for human consumption, perhaps they can be used as fertilizer or animal feed.

7) Conserve water.

Perhaps publishers can grow their own food. Even those who do not have land can grow food in containers installed on rooftops or balconies, if laws allow it. When doing so, keep the following suggestions in mind:

2) Increase the amount of seeds planted to obtain a more abundant harvest. (Some find it helpful to use a seed calculator to determine how many to plant to meet the family's needs.)

4) Instead of immediately selling harvested produce, you may be able to store it for future use or sell it later at a higher price.

5) If you have unused farmland, look into the possibility of other publishers using it.

6) Those with less experience in growing food can benefit from the help of those with more experience in local growing methods.

Of course, we fully trust in Jehovah’s promise that he will meet our needs. (Matt. 6:33) At the same time, we understand that he expects us to do what we can to care for our own needs. Doing so gives us a feeling of dignity and satisfaction (read Ecclesiastes 5:18)

That's great !
Remind me of the COVID era. My wife started doing this and got quite successful with her crop. We did not have to buy vegetables for months thanks to our little garden.
Jehovah provided.

Edited by Dages

From the UN website:

In Munich, Guterres calls for new global order that works for all | UN News

"Recommendations include reforming the UN Security Council, recommitting to eliminate nuclear weapons, and giving greater emphasis to the role of sustainable development and climate action in preventing conflict."

Will the "reforming" give it "teeth"?

They are also referring to the "NEW AGENDA FOR PEACE" and a link to the plan (which may have been previously posted here).

Recommendations:

• Make urgent progress in the intergovernmental negotiations on the reform of the Security Council to make this body more just and representative.

• For the Security Council, democratize its procedures as a way to enhance its ability to reach consensus and make the results of its decisions more durable, including by (i) more burden-sharing among Council members on resolutions, in particular on situations in their region to which they are not a party; (ii) systematic consultations with host States ahead of the adoption or renewal of mandates that affect them, as well as with regional organizations and troop- and police-contributing countries as appropriate; and (iii) promoting greater accountability of permanent members for the use of the veto.

Edited by Desert Dan

Added more info

3 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

I saw the breaking news before I went to bed last night. Sadly, it was going to happen to Alexei, it was just a matter of when. It will be interesting how the autopsy report will find, or not report. I would say there will be some interesting times for those who supported Alexei and what there reaction may lead to.

I hope some Witnesses in prison will reach some of these ones who tried the only way they knew how to make all aware of injustices in government...How surprised these people will be if Jehovah brings them back in the resurrection!..One day dying..the next day sound and alive on a peaceful earth! :ecstatic:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 Thes. 5:1-3..."Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you.  2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.  3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape"...

Who were Paul referring to when he talked about the saying of peace and security to the Thessalonians?

Was it to the inhabitants of Jerusalem? 

16 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

From the UN website:

In Munich, Guterres calls for new global order that works for all | UN News

"Recommendations include reforming the UN Security Council, recommitting to eliminate nuclear weapons, and giving greater emphasis to the role of sustainable development and climate action in preventing conflict."

They are also referring to the "NEW AGENDA FOR PEACE" and a link to the plan (which may have been previously posted here).

Recommendations:

• Make urgent progress in the intergovernmental negotiations on the reform of the Security Council to make this body more just and representative.

• For the Security Council, democratize its procedures as a way to enhance its ability to reach consensus and make the results of its decisions more durable, including by (i) more burden-sharing among Council members on resolutions, in particular on situations in their region to which they are not a party; (ii) systematic consultations with host States ahead of the adoption or renewal of mandates that affect them, as well as with regional organizations and troop- and police-contributing countries as appropriate; and (iii) promoting greater accountability of permanent members for the use of the veto.

I hope so.. I dont want to see more suffering on  both humans and animals. 

Now,  because of inflation, going to pizza restaurant for me  here is an indulgence. 

Anyway, as I mentioned, because of food shortage warning from the Bethel branch, a lot of people noticed that the land is dry. There is no rain to water the crops. Then , we will have typhoon season in July-Sept. 

And I spoke to those older witnesses and told me that life is really getting harder these days. Hence , many of single bro and sis postponed marriage. 

17 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

Recommendations include reforming the UN Security Council, recommitting to eliminate nuclear weapons, and giving greater emphasis to the role of sustainable development and climate action in preventing conflict."

In my opinion

either:

a) no reform is achieved and the 5 veto power nations will agree to ban religion. 
b) reform is achieved and the best solution is to eliminate the security council transferring the decisions to the general assembly where there s no veto

c) the religion ban may come from another UN body: the The Human Rights Council

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

22 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Is this peace just another MAD solution?

Nobody knows. But the interesting part is Israel criticizes and rejects this pressure from international community especially from UN. Another thing is a lot of Christian Evangelists believe that Israel is relevant to their belief and fulfilment of their future expectation. Therefore, pushing Israel is like offending Christendom. 

On 2/15/2024 at 7:32 AM, Dhanyel said:

Here in Brazil, the current threat is Dengue, a disease transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito.

The threat is also increasing in Europe, with another member of the Aedes family.

The mosquito species Aedes albopictus, a known vector of chikungunya and dengue viruses, is establishing itself further northwards and westwards in Europe, according to the latest data from ECDC. Also, Aedes aegypti, known to transmit dengue, yellow fever, chikungunya, Zika and, potentially, West Nile viruses, has been established in Cyprus since 2022 and may continue to spread to other European countries.

Aedes_albopictus_2023.png?itok=VaK4pFuk

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/increasing-risk-mosquito-borne-diseases-eueea-following-spread-aedes-species

And more info here:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/mosquito-borne-diseases-emerging-threat

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

34 minutes ago, Sofia said:

In my opinion

either:

a) no reform is achieved and the 5 veto power nations will agree to ban religion. 
b) reform is achieved and the best solution is to eliminate the security council transferring the decisions to the general assembly where there s no veto

c) the religion ban may come from another UN body: the The Human Rights Council

Also, LGBT... is another form of Governments/UN pressure to Christendom or false religions. 

21 hours ago, Jf800 said:

7) Conserve water.

We also had this announcement in Portugal

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

There are some very good suggestions here. We also need to identify which products are best to put in our 'Go-bags' for sudden flight from home as a result of an emergency.

General suggestions include:

• Clean drinking water (maybe pre-bottled) and/or water tablets
  • Nonperishable, easy-to-heat meals
  • Fiber-rich crackers and peanut butter, or equivalent
  • Tinned fish and canned meats, fruit, or vegetables (be sure to have a can opener)
  • Oatmeal, pasta, or rice
  • Comforting soups (check for weight and nourishment. Some more healthy than others)
  • Granola or protein bars (take as many as seem reasonable. (Eg 10 per person)
  • Dehydrated meats

When you select foods, think of calories, nutrition and energy value, shelf life, preparation requirements, size of individual items. 

It’s crucial to get into a logical mindset and plan. Involve every member of the family so you can assign them tasks. Who will carry the bags? Who will look for a water and heat source? Who will cook your morning and evening meals?  Do you have enough to share on an immediate basis?

One priority list has:

* Beef Jerky

* Nuts

* Seeds

* Raisins

* Beans

* Instant Oatmeal

* Instant Noodles

* Peanut Butter

* Dried Soup

* Sardine tins

* Rice

* Caffeine and Sugar

Good to identify key foods that you and your family like and that are easiest to carry, and that have a reasonable shelf life. Don't forget to date-stamp your 'go-bag' for checking on currency of foodstuffs.