JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 2/14/2024 at 11:55 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Now what in heaven's name is the purpose of that? Well maybe that's so he can annihilate the planet all at once? Or toxify any other planet that we could go to? 🙄 good grief, "Putin has dominated man..."

Q&A session transcript published by the White House:

Q    Sir, how concerned are you about the anti-satellite capability that Russia is developing?  And what is your administration planning to do in response?

THE PRESIDENT [Biden]:  First of all, there is no nuclear threat to the people of America or anywhere else in the world with what Russia is doing at the moment.  Number one.

Number two, anything that they’re doing and/or they will do relates to satellites and space and damaging those satellites, potentially. 

Number three, I — there is no evidence that they have made a decision to go forward with doing anything in space either.  So, what we found out: There was a capacity to launch a system into space that could theoretically do something that was damaging.  Hadn’t happened yet.  And my expect- — I — my hope is it will not. 

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

19 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Q&A session transcript published by the White House:

I heard president Putin also say something similar in his interview.

He said space warfare was a no no for Russians. 

Propaganda is always going to come from both sides. Remember the "pushing" of both the KOTN and KOTS? It'll always happen. Also The American government will find any means to instill fear into their people so that they can get more taxes to feed their war machine.

Edited by Kwabena

Any confirmation on this info from RT? Sources were not named.

It is related to the "Russian space nukes" story

Some commentators in the US suggested that Turner’s move was intended to bolster his push to reauthorize Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). It allows the US government to collect the digital communications of foreigners and has long served as a loophole for spying on American citizens. The controversial authority is set to expire in April in the absence of Congressional action.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Navalny's death may be a flashpoint in Russia. Maybe. Things are changing rapidly.

UK will take action in response to Navalny's death, says foreign secretary

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-68316979

I totally agree with you

what can happen?

- Putin becoming more isolated from international community

- his internal enemies may try to overthrow him or kill him now that Navalny no longer exists ( I think Navalny was Putin s life insurance but he didn’t care about it)

- more internal agitation. Navalny s wife has a lot of influence 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

32 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I totally agree with you

what can happen?

- his internal enemies may try to overthrow him or kill him now that Navalny no longer exists ( I think Navalny was Putin s life insurance but he didn’t care about it)

If Putin will be overthrown because of Navalny, we almost say we are almost there. 

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

I totally agree with you

what can happen?

Or…. (Sorry but during those ugly last days anything can happen) Russia repeats more overwhelming attacks like in Adivka. Wins more ground in Ukraine, US does not supply weapons… Putin “proves” the point that nobody should mess with Russia. The last days become more turbulent and unstable to the point that makes the nations to “wake up” and do something about it, religious terrorist carry out attack on important (tourist spot?) place in Western World. Things develop quickly from that point onwards … BTG attacked … and we are in it. (Putin still alive thinking he is invincible) (just presenting alternative theories) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

51 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Putin “proves” the point that nobody should mess with Russia

Thanks 😊 

it’s good to wish things to

happen. As we imagine ourselves in paradise we should also imagine how this world will come to the end.

I remind that Anglo American power will be in full action prior Armagedom.

Again… I expect to see Russia losing its power and America keeping its leadership and world influence.

if this doesn’t happen then the GT should come at once before the gap grows bigger

Bible doesn’t mention an 8th world power. 🤔 

America and UK have been the biggest influencers in the modern world for decades specially since 1917.

if I’m wrong please correct my point of view.

Either we will watch the Russian Fall or GT is around the corner 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Putin s attitude to rule the World, to fight democracy, to fight NATO are making him an international menace 

like public enemy #1

Are there any plots to overthrow him?

IMG_2469.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Again… I expect to see Russia losing its power and America keeping its leadership and world influence.

Sofia, would "winning" in Ukraine made Russia suddenly superpower to be equal to Anglo-American one?

I do not think so. KOTN was singled out in the Bible as a rival and a potent one. But never to the point of becoming so significant as to change the prophecy. So even with "winning" in Ukraine, Russia and it's allies will always be just that... KOTN. Daniel chapter 11 speaks of two kings, or political powers, who struggle with each other for world domination and aren't we not happy to see that? No doubt the end of this system is so close now.

Personally I think we are seeing last breaths of this system before it hits GT

The only question is .. how long? months or years? 

If years ...is is 1-3 years .. more? We don't know, 

Yesterday at the Assembly we were told that the end is so close now that we can smell it. 

They even joked that "around the corner" was a long corner (emphasis on was) but now we are coming out of that corner heading soon towards GT

The struggle between 2 kings will continue... and it just shows futility of this divisive world.  

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I was just looking in Daniel 11:41. 

it refers to “ones that will escape out of his (KOTN) hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites.” 

the insight book comments it “evidently refers to certain nations or organizations that “the king of the north” does not succeed in bringing under his control.“

so whether these words may apply to Ukraine or not it appears KOTN will not conquer and steamroll wherever he pleases.

This hard-hitting message and the final attack by God’s enemies may be the same events referred to at Daniel 11:44, 45. (Read.) There, Daniel says that “reports out of the east and out of the north” disturb the king of the north, who goes off in “a great rage.” The king of the north intends “to devote many to destruction.” The “many” referred to seem to be Jehovah’s people. Daniel may here be describing the final all-out assault on God’s people.
16 This attack by the king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, provokes the Almighty and brings on the war of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16) At that time, the king of the north, along with the rest of the nations that make up Gog of Magog, comes to his end, and there will be “no helper for him”.—Dan. 11:45. W20

The Bible speaks not only of the attack by ‘Gog of Magog’ but also of the attack by “the king of the north” and of the attack by “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not likely. The Bible is no doubt referring to the same attack under different names. Why can we draw that conclusion? Because the Scriptures tell us that all the nations of the earth will be involved in this final attack that prompts the war of Armageddon.—Rev. 16:14, 16.
When we compare all these Scriptural references about the final attack on God’s people, it becomes evident that the name Gog of Magog refers, not to Satan, but to a coalition of nations. Will this coalition be led by the figurative “king of the north”? We cannot say with any certainty. But this thought does seem to be in harmony with what Jehovah says about Gog: “You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.”—Ezek. 38:6, 15. W15

All those expressions in bold, make me think that KOTN will be strong enough till very end until Jehovah destroys him at Armageddon. It seems that KOTN does not go off into disintegration during last days. 

Again, it's interesting that Jehovah singles him out during the Gog attack. 

29 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

The only question is .. how long? months or years? 

If years ...is is 1-3 years .. more? We don't know, 

Yesterday at the Assembly we were told that the end is so close now that we can smell it. 

Our COBR is tomorrow ☺️

yes we can almost smell it

i love to read other attentive brothers and sisters comments here.

your comments make a lot of sense.

Still it seems that everyone’s economy is going down but Russia is going up…

but yes. KOTS is still influent and powerful but it’s losing grip.

Interesting on how the KOTN pushes are making KOTS and allies to spend more money in weaponry.

our neutrality is more and more being tested 

more jobs related to army services 

less jobs available elsewhere (?)

We need to stick neutral

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Our COBR is tomorrow ☺️

yes we can almost smell it

i love to read other attentive brothers and sisters comments here.

your comments make a lot of sense.

Still it seems that everyone’s economy is going down but Russia is going up…

but yes. KOTS is still influent and powerful but it’s losing grip.

Interesting on how the KOTN pushes are making KOTS and allies to spend more money in weaponry.

our neutrality is more and more being tested 

more jobs related to army services 

less jobs available elsewhere (?)

We need to stick neutral

KOTN economy is a mess https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/12/russias-economy-in-for-very-tough-times-despite-improved-outlook-imf.html and https://www.voanews.com/a/labor-protests-pick-up-in-china-as-the-country-s-economy-slows/7491187.html

Bit more on Russia's economy

More generally, the Russian economy can be increasingly characterised as a system of energy production financing surging military spending, with little innovation elsewhere in a society already well behind others on the technological frontier. But, of course, the reliability of economic data should always be taken with a pinch of salt, and especially Russian economic data in the current circumstances.

Geopolitical vulnerability

Russia’s growing dependence on China, India, Iran and others is a vulnerability beyond energy market developments. India is strengthening relations with the US. China wishes to maintain strong export ties to the US and Europe. Notwithstanding cheap energy, China and its firms will be cautious in their Russia dealings, fearing that they might run afoul of US sanctions, especially those that could block access to the US financial system. (Greg: Russia effectively can offer only cheap fuel ..but China needs other markets as well. Russia is limited in other areas) 

In the meantime, Russia’s human capital is being sharply eroded. The death of soldiers (estimates suggest over 300,000 soldiers killed or badly wounded) and an enormous brain drain (estimated up to 1m, the bulk of whom are young and well educated) are imposing a huge loss of human capital and reportedly straining labour markets. These factors will harm Russian productivity well into the future.

Western sanctions on technology, even if significantly circumvented because of transshipments and other leakages, are hurting the economy. Reports abound about the lack of spare parts – for example, the difficulties in fully keeping Russian airplanes afloat. Russia will also face difficulties developing many energy fields without western services.

The opportunity cost of the war footing is also seen in the numerous reports of burst pipes and the loss of winter heating throughout Russia as basic infrastructure needs go unmet. Western firms have been withdrawing from the Russian market, often with their assets seized. They surely will not be coming back soon.https://www.omfif.org/2024/02/russian-economic-resilience-is-not-what-it-seems/

Edited by New World Explorer

53 minutes ago, Sofia said:

When the "special operation" began on 2/24/22, the KOTS was quite vocal about it's support of Ukraine.

However, the support was measured.  KOTS didn't want to 'provoke' Russia by supplying F-16 fighter jets. But, ultimately said it wouldn't object if another nation supplied them.

KOTS also didn't want to 'provoke' Russia by sending advisors into Ukraine.

It seems the KOTS has been afraid of 'provoking' Russia all along.

At this point, further financial support is stalled in Congress.  

https://slate.com/technology/2024/02/amoc-ocean-current-collapsing-day-after-tomorrow-climate-change.html

A study says that an ocean current will “collapse,” adding to our climate chaos.

... of the roaring of the sea and its agitation Luc. 21:25. 

It looks like literal and prepared for future event. 

12 hours ago, Mike047 said:

There are some very good suggestions here. We also need to identify which products are best to put in our 'Go-bags' for sudden flight from home as a result of an emergency.

General suggestions include:

• Clean drinking water (maybe pre-bottled) and/or water tablets
  • Nonperishable, easy-to-heat meals
  • Fiber-rich crackers and peanut butter, or equivalent
  • Tinned fish and canned meats, fruit, or vegetables (be sure to have a can opener)
  • Oatmeal, pasta, or rice
  • Comforting soups (check for weight and nourishment. Some more healthy than others)
  • Granola or protein bars (take as many as seem reasonable. (Eg 10 per person)
  • Dehydrated meats

When you select foods, think of calories, nutrition and energy value, shelf life, preparation requirements, size of individual items. 

It’s crucial to get into a logical mindset and plan. Involve every member of the family so you can assign them tasks. Who will carry the bags? Who will look for a water and heat source? Who will cook your morning and evening meals?  Do you have enough to share on an immediate basis?

One priority list has:

* Beef Jerky

* Nuts

* Seeds

* Raisins

* Beans

* Instant Oatmeal

* Instant Noodles

* Peanut Butter

* Dried Soup

* Sardine tins

* Rice

* Caffeine and Sugar

Good to identify key foods that you and your family like and that are easiest to carry, and that have a reasonable shelf life. Don't forget to date-stamp your 'go-bag' for checking on currency of foodstuffs.

I tend to try and figure out how heavy my bag will be… I only have myself to carry it!!

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

5 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

I tend to try and figure out how heavy my bag will be… I only have myself to carry it!!

I can be surprised how big load you can carry .. LOL 🤣

Over It No GIF by Outside TV

51 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Bit more on Russia's economy

More generally, the Russian economy can be increasingly characterised as a system of energy production financing surging military spending, with little innovation elsewhere in a society already well behind others on the technological frontier. But, of course, the reliability of economic data should always be taken with a pinch of salt, and especially Russian economic data in the current circumstances.

Geopolitical vulnerability

Russia’s growing dependence on China, India, Iran and others is a vulnerability beyond energy market developments. India is strengthening relations with the US. China wishes to maintain strong export ties to the US and Europe. Notwithstanding cheap energy, China and its firms will be cautious in their Russia dealings, fearing that they might run afoul of US sanctions, especially those that could block access to the US financial system. (Greg: Russia effectively can offer only cheap fuel ..but China needs other markets as well. Russia is limited in other areas) 

In the meantime, Russia’s human capital is being sharply eroded. The death of soldiers (estimates suggest over 300,000 soldiers killed or badly wounded) and an enormous brain drain (estimated up to 1m, the bulk of whom are young and well educated) are imposing a huge loss of human capital and reportedly straining labour markets. These factors will harm Russian productivity well into the future.

Western sanctions on technology, even if significantly circumvented because of transshipments and other leakages, are hurting the economy. Reports abound about the lack of spare parts – for example, the difficulties in fully keeping Russian airplanes afloat. Russia will also face difficulties developing many energy fields without western services.

The opportunity cost of the war footing is also seen in the numerous reports of burst pipes and the loss of winter heating throughout Russia as basic infrastructure needs go unmet. Western firms have been withdrawing from the Russian market, often with their assets seized. They surely will not be coming back soon.https://www.omfif.org/2024/02/russian-economic-resilience-is-not-what-it-seems/

Amazing

thsnks 😊 

I still believe Russia wil sink soon.

USA will still be the most influential economy and power in the World until Jesus and his angels cut them to size and annihilate them all  with the broom of desolation.

Edited by Sofia

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

Depends on which levels ..sinking and SINKING is a big difference. 

Russia has huge mineral deposits which can prop economy for long time, keeping it afloat. 

Probably has more natural resources than any country. 

I would say soft sinking, not dramatic one. 

8 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

They even joked that "around the corner" was a long corner (emphasis on was) but now we are coming out of that corner heading soon towards GT

If you can smell something, it means the source of the odor is just beside you or few feet away. 

Just around the corner means it will happen very soon. 

I hope it will do happen . Mental health of majority of people including bro and sis arent good. 

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Amazing

thsnks 😊 

USA will still be the most influential economy and power in the World until Jesus and his angels cut them to size and annihilate them all  with the broom of desolation.

What is written about KOTN nobody can stop it. Very soon we will see it...

43 minutes ago, JennyM said:

If you can smell something, it means the source of the odor is just beside you or few feet away. 

Just around the corner means it will happen very soon. 

I hope it will do happen . Mental health of majority of people including bro and sis arent good. 

That's is the pros of having personal study. Although is a long process or took many years to grasp but in the end we can feel now the soonest of the end.

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

This hard-hitting message and the final attack by God’s enemies may be the same events referred to at Daniel 11:44, 45. (Read.) There, Daniel says that “reports out of the east and out of the north” disturb the king of the north, who goes off in “a great rage.” The king of the north intends “to devote many to destruction.” The “many” referred to seem to be Jehovah’s people. Daniel may here be describing the final all-out assault on God’s people.
16 This attack by the king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, provokes the Almighty and brings on the war of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16) At that time, the king of the north, along with the rest of the nations that make up Gog of Magog, comes to his end, and there will be “no helper for him”.—Dan. 11:45. W20

The Bible speaks not only of the attack by ‘Gog of Magog’ but also of the attack by “the king of the north” and of the attack by “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not likely. The Bible is no doubt referring to the same attack under different names. Why can we draw that conclusion? Because the Scriptures tell us that all the nations of the earth will be involved in this final attack that prompts the war of Armageddon.—Rev. 16:14, 16.
When we compare all these Scriptural references about the final attack on God’s people, it becomes evident that the name Gog of Magog refers, not to Satan, but to a coalition of nations. Will this coalition be led by the figurative “king of the north”? We cannot say with any certainty. But this thought does seem to be in harmony with what Jehovah says about Gog: “You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.”—Ezek. 38:6, 15. W15

All those expressions in bold, make me think that KOTN will be strong enough till very end until Jehovah destroys him at Armageddon. It seems that KOTN does not go off into disintegration during last days. 

Again, it's interesting that Jehovah singles him out during the Gog attack. 

What I observed in several years passed, Dan 11:44, 45 were skipped during the enlightentment of whole chater 11. Also Also I noticed, last mid year talk was overriden by last Annual Meeting.

As already mentioned by Bro. Winder on his talk, "...World events might put the spotlight on a particular prophecy than then gets closer attention"...but are just asking, Does it warrant an additional research?....as we progress deeper into the time of the end,... as we draw closer to the great tribulation... we can be confident that Jehovah God, our God, will continue to loyally provide us with the direction and the understand that we need".