JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

If WW3 was to happen, it would likely involve a lot of nuclear weapons used.  The Earth would be devastated. 

Would Jehovah allow this to happen? 

Would a nuclear war kill more people than it left alive? 

Since we are looking for "peace and security" would a nuclear war be considered peace and security or would it be considered the opposite? 

Instead of doom and gloom, aren't signs of peace and security choppy events? Is a war a happy event? 

In Daniel´s prophecy about the KOTN and KOTS pushings nothing indicates a Nuclear event before verse 45. On the next verse the great tribulation starts. Will the GT be a nuclear event? I dont think so. Or Daniel´s people wouldnt escape. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It’s possible for one or two nuclear events to happen without it being an all out war. It isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

In Daniel´s prophecy about the KOTN and KOTS pushings nothing indicates a Nuclear event before verse 45. On the next verse the great tribulation starts. Will the GT be a nuclear event? I dont think so. Or Daniel´s people wouldnt escape. 

KOTS had dropped 2 Nuclear bombs in Japan. We must not forget what Daniel 8:24 says: "He will bring ruin in an extraordinary way,*" Who is to say they will do it again in another land ? It is in their blood. Plus, Jesus says that in Luke 21:11 "and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs." We do not know to what extent Jesus means in this verse until it is fully fulfilled.

43 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

KOTS had dropped 2 Nuclear bombs in Japan. We must not forget what Daniel 8:24 says: "He will bring ruin in an extraordinary way,*" Who is to say they will do it again in another land ? It is in their blood. Plus, Jesus says that in Luke 21:11 "and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs." We do not know to what extent Jesus means in this verse until it is fully fulfilled.

Yes brother Glen

that’s the reason

if the Bible fortold that … then if we were having more similar bombings it would mention that as well.

but nothing of this sort is reported from the Kotn in Daniel s prophecy thank you so much 😊 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, BLEmom said:

It’s possible for one or two nuclear events to happen without it being an all out war. It isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  

2 nuclear events already occurred in 1945 at the end of WWII.  So, yes, it is possible for more to occur. The scriptures do not explicitly state otherwise. 

Now could such an event happen today without resulting in a world war?  That might be possible.  

How easy do you suppose it would be to prevent the use of nuclear weapons from escalating into a global war?  How likely would it be for a nation that is the victim of a nuclear attack to respond in kind? What reasonable scenarios are there that would allow for the use of nuclear weapons yet not result in global war? 

Pro. 3:5 comes to mind here.  "Trust in Jehovah........  do not lean on your own understanding"

We do not know how Jehovah will proceed in the very near future.  Jehovah has in the past done things unexpected to save His people.

We do not have a clue as to how this will all turn out.  We can let our imaginations run with us.  The Bible has given us enough information and indication that Jehovah will direct the "end" at his control.

We will have to wait and take a back seat on the stage scene of the world.

If there is any nuclear weapons to be used, I would say they would be the smaller tactical versions, as these would be used as more of a strategical impact on a specific target.

But if any are to be used, I would expect nearly every other government would denouncing the use of such a weapon.

I think, every family in this world's need to feel "the fear of annihilation" before peace and security declare - a fear that will be different from just being afraid in everyday life - and the threat of nuclear escalation / nuclear war is one of the possible sources of that kind of fear for mankind ..

Notice, WT 2019 art. 40, par. 3 says that  “the announcement of “peace and security” that the Bible describes will be different. Why? When this happens, people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place. But in reality, “sudden destruction” will follow as the “great tribulation” unfolds.—Matt. 24:21.

What if Jehovah allows again a 1, or 2, or 3 nuclear bombs to be dropped in the future?

Such possibility is also not ruled out by our brothers in the WT.

A quote from Article Series: Keep on the Watch! Politicians Warn of Armageddon—What Does the Bible Say? subtopic:

Will the earth and its inhabitants be destroyed by nuclear war?

No. Although human rulers may use nuclear weapons in the future, God will not allow the earth to be destroyed.

And based on Jesus prophecy, “unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.”

Removing that threat will possibly make people feel more safer and secure after that 2 or 3 nuclear bombs being dropped. Remember the 2 atomic bombs that stopped the World War II?

What if, as we know that it may possibly Jehovah allows, by allowing 2 or 3 nuclear bombs being dropped, escalation to World War III may lead to the declaration of P&S?

Well, we will only know the answers to that question in the future.

Again, we are not saying that the nuclear bomb will be used in the future but we are not ruling out such a possibility either.

37 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Again, we are not saying that the nuclear bomb will be used in the future but we are not ruling out such a possibility either.

As the same with germ warfare - 

https://www.businessinsider.com/military-government-secret-experiments-biological-chemical-weapons-2016-9

On September 20, 1950, a US Navy ship just off the coast of San Francisco used a giant hose to spray a cloud of microbes into the air and into the city's famous fog. The military was testing how a biological weapon attack would affect the 800,000 residents of the city..............

5 hours ago, Hotteok said:

The last thing I would want is to realize that what all those last days-related scriptures describe is actually the post-nuclear-war scenes! 
no one would survive except Jehovah cuts the days short.. yes because it means a global nuclear war!

Scripture: In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Current understanding: Jesus also foretold: “Those days will be cut short.” In the initial fulfillment, this happened in 66 C.E. when the Roman army “cut short” its attack. Then, anointed Christians in Jerusalem and Judea fled, allowing for their ‘flesh, or life, to be saved.’ (Read Matthew 24:22; Mal. 3:17) So, what can we expect will happen during the coming great tribulation? Jehovah will “cut short” the attack of the United Nations on false religion, not allowing true religion to be destroyed with the false. This will ensure that God’s people will be saved. W13 7/5

Hope this helps ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

37 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Scripture: In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Current understanding: Jesus also foretold: “Those days will be cut short.” In the initial fulfillment, this happened in 66 C.E. when the Roman army “cut short” its attack. Then, anointed Christians in Jerusalem and Judea fled, allowing for their ‘flesh, or life, to be saved.’ (Read Matthew 24:22; Mal. 3:17) So, what can we expect will happen during the coming great tribulation? Jehovah will “cut short” the attack of the United Nations on false religion, not allowing true religion to be destroyed with the false. This will ensure that God’s people will be saved. W13 7/5

Hope this helps ☺️

Thanks for the explanation.

Makes me feel like, though, the attacks on false religions and on us could be lethal individually.

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

Thanks for the explanation.

Makes me feel like, though, the attacks on false religions and on us could be lethal individually.

We will receive life-saving directions during GT.☺️

It will be vital to be obedient and follow instructions during GT.

As a group we will survive initial attack. 

Read Luke 21:25-28. During the great tribulation, people will be shocked as they see everything that they once thought to be so stable in the world begin to fail. They will be in “anguish,” fearing for their very lives as they enter the darkest period of human existence. (Zeph. 1:14, 15) At that time, life will likely get more difficult even for Jehovah’s people. Because we remain no part of the world, we may suffer some hardships. We may have to go without certain necessities. At some point, the people whose religions were destroyed may resent the fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses keep practicing their religion. We can only imagine the uproar that this might create, including on social media. The nations and their ruler, Satan, will hate us for having the only surviving religion. 
W19 October

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, jrnievas said:

I think, every family in this world's need to feel "the fear of annihilation" before peace and security declare - a fear that will be different from just being afraid in everyday life - and the threat of nuclear escalation / nuclear war is one of the possible sources of that kind of fear for mankind ..

I agree with the sentence. 

Nations might declare peace and security out of fear of annihilation. 

I think it wont escalate to global war cause it means destruction to all  of us. 

ooops.. I dont want to speculate. But currently everything is getting worse. Climate change, food crisis and now the coming global economic crisis, threat of ww3.

More than ever, Its time to strengthen faith. 

13 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Thank you so much for bring this brother Glen. This is exactly what I was thinking about. If the Nuclear events on the XX century are mentioned in the Bible as a tremendous destruction, if there was another one caused by KOTN why wouldnt Daniel mentioned too?

Chapter 11 doesnt mention it all. Or does it? We are living in the period of verses 40 onwards and I cant see that. I trust that it wont happen or at least it wont cause as much destruction as in Japan´s did.

Threats of nuclear war today are like a ticket to the geopolitical negotiating table. If you have the capacity for mass destruction, you have a right to talk.

The two bombs dropped in WW2 were the culmination of a global war that had already lasted 6 years, a reality we do not experience today. The possibility of some nuclear attack is not discardable. But the imminence of one is enough for the world to ask for peace and security. Of course, these are possibilities, time will tell.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:24 PM, Dustparticle said:

well, since you seem to believe everything Forbes says, here is an interesting article:

Dow Sinks Nearly 400 Points As BlackRock Chief Warns SVB Collapse Merely ‘First Domino To Drop’

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2023/03/15/dow-plunges-700-points-as-blackrock-chief-warns-svb-collapse-merely-first-domino-to-drop/

Like I said earlier, the banks are going to drop one by one

15 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Making personal predictions based on bible prophecy is always fun! 😁

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Good news for Bank of America! https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/bank-of-america-gets-15b-in-new-deposits-after-svb-collapse/

Americans have frantically moved their cash toward “too big to fail” lenders like Bank of America, which has seen an inflow of more than $15 billion worth of deposits amid fears of a meltdown in the US banking sector.

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Dow Sinks Nearly 400 Points As BlackRock Chief Warns SVB Collapse Merely ‘First Domino To Drop’

The DOW has recovered and is back where it was 5 days ago...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I find this note in the book of Luke 19:43 concerning Jerusalem interesting:

"...For the days will come for you when your enemies will build around you a fortification of pointed stakes, they will surround you and lay siege to you, on every side"

fortification of pointed stakes: Or: "palisade". This is the only occurrence of the Greek word khárax in the Christian Greek Scriptures. It is defined as "pointed stick or pole used to enclose an area; stake. It can also refer to a "military fortification made with stakes; palisade. Jesus' words were fulfilled in A.D. 70. In that year, the Romans, commanded by General Titus, built a palisade to surround Jerusalem. Titus had three goals in mind: (1) to prevent the Jews from fleeing, (2) to cause psychological pressure, and (3) to prevent the entry of supplies to starve the inhabitants into surrender. In order to build this wooden fortification around Jerusalem, the Roman troops cut down all the trees in the area.

As usual, nations today do the same thing:
1) prevent others from fleeing and use wars for their purposes
2) cause psychological pressure on people and between governments
3) prevent food progress 

Sounds a lot like the nations at war today

It seems then, if, if comparable to the Jerusalem situation, if so, it seems we are in this process....

Who knows ? :S

https://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/gfdr/gfdr-2016/background/banking-crisis

In paragraph 5 

Systemic banking crises can be very damaging. They tend to lead affected economies into deep recessions and sharp current account reversals. Some crises turned out to be contagious, rapidly spreading to other countries with no apparent vulnerabilities