JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

I noticed that all GT pics have sisters wearing pants.. 

Come Lord Jesus, quick!

And those pictures were produced before the update on pants. ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

35 minutes ago, truce said:

Well, we should be cautious about tying the coming of the GT around the death of any world ruler. We remember that Vladmir Putin is not the King of the North. Russia and her allies are. And even if he were, his death or overthrow may or may not have anything to do with the coming of the GT

I’m just comparing a big fall of power from the past with a similar in the future. Since Anglo American power will last Aparently till Armagedom 

I just thought on the other greatest opponent

its hypothetical… im NOT implying anything of course ☺️

just thinking if it could trigger a P&S announcement (?)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

35 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes true, but his death would have massive consequences and unpredictable outcomes for Ukraine war, his death would be catastrophic for the ruling elite, in fact Putin is the one who is holding everything together, once he is out of picture who knows how much impact that would have. 

I get your point, brother. All I'm saying is that Putin may die and another prominent leader may arise from within the King of the North and the system of things may go on for years afterwards until it is Jehovah's time. Remember that the King of the North is a conglomerate of nations (Russia, China, North Korea, Finland, Iran, Egypt, etc), and not just one man or one nation. Anything can happen either way. 

3 minutes ago, truce said:

Putin may die and another prominent leader may arise from within the King of the North and the system of things may go on for years afterwards until it is Jehovah's time. Remember that the King of the North is a conglomerate of nations

What I’m saying is 

What would happen if there would be a change of regime in Russia 

a change from autocracy to democracy or other lighter liberal form that respects the UN chart.

this is what I’m trying to

imagine 

an end of the autocracies (?)

would it cause a P&S call?

my imagination working …

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

10 minutes ago, truce said:

I get your point, brother. All I'm saying is that Putin may die and another prominent leader may arise from within the King of the North and the system of things may go on for years afterwards until it is Jehovah's time. Remember that the King of the North is a conglomerate of nations (Russia, China, North Korea, Finland, Iran, Egypt, etc), and not just one man or one nation. Anything can happen either way. 

Look at the history what happened when autocrat died and what happened. It always has impact. Very rarely autocrat was replaced by the same type autocrat, very rarely.  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

27 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I’m just comparing a big fall of power from the past with a similar in the future. Since Anglo American power will last Aparently till Armagedom 

I just thought on the other greatest opponent

its hypothetical… im NOT implying anything of course ☺️

just thinking if it could trigger a P&S announcement

You make a good point, sister Sofia. We do know that both the KON and the KOS and the entire wild beast will come to their end at Armageddon, not by human hands. It seems that the KON may lead the coalition of nations (Gog of Magog) attacking true worship. Daniel 11 seems to indicate that. 

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

What I’m saying is 

a change from autocracy to democracy or other lighter liberal form that respects the UN chart.

imagine 

my imagination working …

Well, KOTN will be part coalition of Gog that attacks God's people, so perhaps what you're saying may happen.. lets see :whistling::popcorn:

4 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL and PARSIN

That's what I put in my letter to Putin during the special campaign...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, truce said:

The KOTN will not only a  have role against God’s people. Do not forget the false prophet KOFS will have a role too. Revelation 16:14,15.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

What I’m saying is 

imagine 

my imagination working …

As per many reports, the trend is that places in the world are actually moving towards accepting authoritarianism and not democracy.   It would be my guess that it would actually make it even easier for the whole ban someday.  We all know who is in charge though and will make it happen regardless.

Edited by Desert Dan

5 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The KOTN will not only a  have role against God’s people. Do not forget the false prophet KOFS will have a role too. Revelation 16:14,15.

Yes

maybe Daniel 11:44,45 will mean a different thing (?)

because GOG is a coalition of nations maybe the 193 nations, not just KOTN 

If Daniel chapter 11 refers to the pushings between KOTN and KOTS to rule the world and their actings against Gods people … why thinking that Daniel 11:44,45 means that it’s KOTN against God s people? why isn’t KOTS in those verses if the whole chapter refers to them?

if those verses refer to Gog s attack KOTS should be involved 

After all BOTH were involved in the stablishing of the United Nations 

(Daniel 11:31) the disgusting thing.

or will Daniel 11:44,45 have a different fullfillment that we were not expecting?

time will tell. GB will tell if there’s a need to clarify.

8 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

As per many reports, the trend is that places in the world are actually moving towards accepting authoritarianism and not democracy.   It would be my guess that it would actually make it even easier for the whole ban someday.  We all know who is in charge though and will make it happen regardless.

You have a point

if autocracy change to a less imperialistic form perhaps it would be just enough for P&S (?) yet anti religious at the same time?

What my imagination says is this:

It took a regime fall back in 539 BC to liberate the Jews from Babylon

as long as there s a Putin and a Netanyahu it’s difficult to imagine a P&S call 

These want war! 

23 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

This is exactly what we have discussed in a car group on RV's ... perhaps autocrats (no names) even in "democratic" countries are needed to enter the period when they ban religion, definitely possibility. And of course we need to balance this view with what is written in the Scriptures, because Jehovah can put the thought into any governing entity. 

6 hours ago, jrnievas said:

What if, in just one night... all things suddenly have changed.. and the UN and KOTN leaders declared peace and security for some reason... and just tomorrow morning, they started to attack Babylon the Great... are we really ready???

That would be awesome! Jehovah will make us ready... I trust Him.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

And those pictures were produced before the update on pants. ☺️

Yes it is. 

I didnt notice until after the update of pants. I screenshot all of them on my mobile phone. 

Event the basement video in 2016, sisters were wearing pants. 

It was far away from my mind that pants will be allowed at khall meetings. But we are being prepared.

Am I so selfish to wanting the kingdom come soon? I dont want suffering to continue longer. 

8 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Yes it is. 

I didnt notice until after the update of pants. I screenshot all of them on my mobile phone. 

Event the basement video in 2016, sisters were wearing pants. 

It was far away from my mind that pants will be allowed at khall meetings. But we are being prepared.

Am I so selfish to wanting the kingdom come soon? I dont want suffering to continue longer. 

Even Jehovah, He wanted His Kingdom come. We must be patient. And we must not stop asking Jehovah to do his will. Jesus taught us to pray for that.

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yes

maybe Daniel 11:44,45 will mean a different thing (?)

because GOG is a coalition of nations maybe the 193 nations, not just KOTN 

If Daniel chapter 11 refers to the pushings between KOTN and KOTS to rule the world and their actings against Gods people … why thinking that Daniel 11:44,45 means that it’s KOTN against God s people? why isn’t KOTS in those verses if the whole chapter refers to them?

if those verses refer to Gog s attack KOTS should be involved 

After all BOTH were involved in the stablishing of the United Nations 

(Daniel 11:31) the disgusting thing.

or will Daniel 11:44,45 have a different fullfillment that we were not expecting?

time will tell. GB will tell if there’s a need to clarify.

The main is word is focus. Daniel 11:44,45 focus on KOFN and Revelation 16:14,15 focus on the Anglo-American power or KOFS.

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

It’s human to want to feel that way, to feel that God should intervene now, especially if you are going through trials. But maybe you can try and see things more from Jehovah‘s eyes and how he views human suffering? Try and focus on God‘s qualities of patience and endurance. Just think of how Jehovah could have changed and prevented human suffering since day 1 of Adam‘s fall into sin. Do recall his feelings of pain and regret, as noted in Genesis 6:7 as God, over time, witnessed humans get worse and worse down through the centuries.

From the gems to that scripture:

God felt regret, grief, and even hurt, not because his own actions were mistaken, but because man’s wickedness became rife. The Creator regretted that it had become necessary to destroy all mankind except Noah and his family. God assures us: ‘I take no delight in the death of the wicked.’—Ezekiel 33:11; compare Deuteronomy 32:4, 5.

Even despite Jehovah‘s own personal suffering and pain, including losing his son in the most cruel way, he has allowed time in order for his will and his word to be accomplished. If you constantly reflect on Jehovah‘s purpose for humans, you could understand why he hasn‘t stepped in already yesterday, or last month, last year, nor 6000 years ago. God‘s enormous mercy has seen many embrace him. The daily text for today (Sunday) also gives the example of Joseph, who no doubt felt hopeless about his situation while he was in fetters and chains. Yet we know that God was with him the whole time.

Allow God to comfort your thoughts. Do not allow your thoughts to fall into despair. Feed your mind on positive things, and maybe you could do a personal study project about how you can cultivate any qualities that you need in order to endure your present situation. We also had a WT study not too long ago about focusing on the paradise. Give yourself time to do that.

Interestingly, the latest original song video depicts a sister imagining the paradise as she suffers from a debilitating disease, having already lost a friend or family member shortly before in death. Jehovah knows your suffering, he knows your pain. The scriptures reassure you of that.

When we cultivate thankfulness in our life about different things, then we are willing to wait more on Jehovah who will solve all of our problems in due time. Maybe adjust your prayers to focus on his will being done and this will help carry you through. ❤️

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

2 hours ago, mjcabz said:

Even Jehovah, He wanted His Kingdom come

Sometimes I think I forget that part. But you're so right. But besides our suffering and fulfilling his purpose for makind and the earth. Jehovah wants to vindicate his name and prove Satan a liar. The vindication of his name is very important Jehovah is ready to do that.

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

Oui

peut-être que Daniel 11 : 44,45 signifiera une chose différente (?)

parce que GOG est une coalition de nations, peut-être 193 nations, pas seulement KOTN 

Si Daniel chapitre 11 fait référence aux pressions entre KOTN et KOTS pour gouverner le monde et à leurs actes contre le peuple de Dieu… pourquoi penser que Daniel 11 : 44,45 signifie que c'est KOTN contre le peuple de Dieu ? pourquoi KOTS n'est-il pas dans ces versets si tout le chapitre y fait référence ?

si ces versets font référence à l'attaque de Gog, KOTS devrait être impliqué 

Après tout, les DEUX ont été impliqués dans la création des Nations Unies. 

(Daniel 11:31) la chose dégoûtante.

ou Daniel 11 :44,45 aura-t-il un accomplissement différent auquel nous ne nous attendions pas ?

le temps nous le dira. GB dira s'il est nécessaire de clarifier.

Sweet Sofia, you made my head spin🥴. It's a 200 degree equation, isn't it?

On 6/22/2024 at 6:12 AM, JennyM said:

Its not easy though.My non jw father would be happier seeing me get richer like my cousins. They own more than 1  house. I own nothing. 

But seeking treasures both on earth and  in heaven wont be possible at the same time. I also do want traveling other parts of the world like the rest do, what's the price of it? 

Envious is a strong word. I dont envy people who amass things like always  eating fancy food  if it means not be able to be active in spiritual activities. 

Its not easy though. The spirit of the world is materialistic. Requires constant fight until we are in this system of things. 

"There's no comfort zone in satan's system." 

On the other hand, there's something so different these days.. So much changes. so wickedness. Things are unstable.

You are rich Jenny.  You got Jehovah.  You need nothing else.  Jesus had very little in terms of material things.  Yet, he was the greatest man that ever lived.

He was more than Solomon, Moses, Elijah.  He was God's son and your Saviour.  Smile.

7 hours ago, Amygdala said:

It’s human to want to feel that way, to feel that God should intervene now, especially if you are going through trials. But maybe you can try and see things more from Jehovah‘s eyes and how he views human suffering? Try and focus on God‘s qualities of patience and endurance. Just think of how Jehovah could have changed and prevented human suffering since day 1 of Adam‘s fall into sin. Do recall his feelings of pain and regret, as noted in Genesis 6:7 as God, over time, witnessed humans get worse and worse down through the centuries.

From the gems to that scripture:

Even despite Jehovah‘s own personal suffering and pain, including losing his son in the most cruel way, he has allowed time in order for his will and his word to be accomplished. If you constantly reflect on Jehovah‘s purpose for humans, you could understand why he hasn‘t stepped in already yesterday, or last month, last year, nor 6000 years ago. God‘s enormous mercy has seen many embrace him. The daily text for today (Sunday) also gives the example of Joseph, who no doubt felt hopeless about his situation while he was in fetters and chains. Yet we know that God was with him the whole time.

Allow God to comfort your thoughts. Do not allow your thoughts to fall into despair. Feed your mind on positive things, and maybe you could do a personal study project about how you can cultivate any qualities that you need in order to endure your present situation. We also had a WT study not too long ago about focusing on the paradise. Give yourself time to do that.

Interestingly, the latest original song video depicts a sister imagining the paradise as she suffers from a debilitating disease, having already lost a friend or family member shortly before in death. Jehovah knows your suffering, he knows your pain. The scriptures reassure you of that.

When we cultivate thankfulness in our life about different things, then we are willing to wait more on Jehovah who will solve all of our problems in due time. Maybe adjust your prayers to focus on his will being done and this will help carry you through. ❤️

Thanks. This is a much effort for you to write this long. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. 

Im doing fine. I think Im having a midlife crisis at the moment. getting anxious. I need to stay away from watching bad news. 

The reality of this system is unpredictable. + the pressure of my non-jw  father for me to prioritize material things. When a person doesnt do the right thing it is a sin for him --book of James. 

I almost do personal study everyday. being busy with spiritual routine. there's no better way. 

Prayer will help for sure. 

Nobody wants this wicked system. habakkuk says "how long" ... Lot was agitated everyday in Sodom.   Book of ezekiel says that righteous people are sighing and groaning. 

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Sweet Sofia, you made my head spin🥴. It's a 200 degree equation, isn't it?

We will understand when in fullfillment or after being fullfilled 🤷‍♀️

If according to the new understanding we are not proclaiming a hard hitting message of judgement but the good news even during GT

this may have a completely different understanding

Even GB wasn’t quite sure about the fullfillment of this part of the prophecy in 2020.

(watchtower may 2020)

IMG_8165.jpeg

Edited by Sofia