JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 minute ago, Dhanyel said:

Peace, Climate Change, and Finance - "We don’t have a moment to lose" - UN Chief | Press Conference

Guterres said, “we need action for peace. From Gaza to Sudan, Ukraine and beyond, it’s time to silence the guns, to support the displaced, and to pivot from spending on destruction and war to investing in people and peace.

Oooh back up those words with actions please Mr, Guterres.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Sadly it's at 4am here and I need my beauty sleep. I think this would be very interesting. 

This is a good reason for them to put into place timeless viewing, as we have with JWBroadcasting. They make it quite restrictive to those opposite the timezone.

Send a note and complain. I just did with another thing.

Percy

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Peace, Climate Change and Finance - "We don't have a moment to lose" - UN Chief | Press conference

Guterres said, “We need action for peace. From Gaza to Sudan, Ukraine and beyond, it's time to silence the guns, support the displaced, and shift from spending on destruction and war to investing in people and peace. ”

image.png.24608319e6c2d2ec5ab9935faa1fbec5.png No teeth .

On 7/8/2024 at 10:51 PM, JennyM said:

GT means salvation to the righteous and end of suffering. It doesnt give me shiver. Somehow , I am happy that this will be end of every sufferings. 

You said it well, sister.

I remember this WT:  "Am I as eager for the end of the present system of things to end as I was when I first learned the truth?  .  .  . Because if we are in good health, earn a comfortable living and live in a part of the earth that is more or less unaffected by war , food shortage or natural disasters, we could - at least for the moment - lose sight of the pressing need for God's new world to come".

w01 5/1  pp. 13-18

1 hour ago, Doug said:

You said it well, sister.

I remember this WT:  "Am I as eager for the end of the present system of things to end as I was when I first learned the truth?  .  .  . Because if we are in good health, earn a comfortable living and live in a part of the earth that is more or less unaffected by war , food shortage or natural disasters, we could - at least for the moment - lose sight of the pressing need for God's new world to come".

w01 5/1  pp. 13-18

Thanks for sharing Doug. What a gem! 🙌🙌

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

or attempt to....:eek:

Let's hope he doesn't confuse Zelensky with Putin. 

Ooopsies! 🙄

President Joe Biden mistakenly referred to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as “President Putin” during a NATO event Thursday—

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoniopequenoiv/2024/07/11/biden-calls-ukraines-zelensky-president-putin-at-nato-event/

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

One wonders who will come along to inspire the type of confidence that the world will support their idea and think peace and security is or will be happening. 

Watching the news is like watching endless episodes of the Three Stooges….but with a lot more stooges. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Cute as they maybe, outsiders would consider this type off comment or similar comments about Trump as political.

I prefer all even slightly political comments be kept of this forum.

Sorry but I am willing to be a JWtalk curmudgeon. :(

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

39 minutes ago, bobby said:

sleepy Joe, i wonder if he will sleep through the peace and security announcement

Again, as a friendly reminder, such terms are instantly identifiable politically.   Whether intentional or not.  Remember, much of this site we are on is available to anyone, around the world.

If we wouldn't say it walking down the street in service, we wouldn't want to say it here.

Edited by Desert Dan

1 hour ago, Desert Dan said:

Again, as a friendly reminder, such terms are instantly identifiable politically.   Whether intentional or not.  Remember, much of this site we are on is available to anyone, around the world.

If we wouldn't say it walking down the street in service, we wouldn't want to say it here.

Biden is "bullied" a lot, and you're correct we do not want to be part of any negative talk. 

Respecting individual and seeing him ( or her) as the one who can also benefit from the ransom is essential to keeping our neutrality. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Fine experience about Politician who accepted the truth..

A Politician Embraces True Justice
Rafael Coello was one who had been searching for social justice since his youth. This led him to become a member of the Communist Party in 1936. For seven years he participated in riots and protests. 
More in yearbook 1989 (Ecuador) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I read an article some days ago that USA really needs a leader that the world can have confidence in if they want to remain the superpower. Because now with this current presidents confused actions and speak the world is loosing its trust and respect for USA. I thought it was interesting. 

40 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

I read an article some days ago that USA really needs a leader that the world can have confidence in if they want to remain the superpower. Because now with this current presidents confused actions and speak the world is loosing its trust and respect for USA. I thought it was interesting. 

Interesting because the US/Anglo world power will be still a going concern when Jehovah’s Kingdom takes over.  So it's either going to be resuscitated or we are very close indeed.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

57 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

Would love to see the article if you could find it? 😁

1 hour ago, LindaViktoria said:

This makes a lot of sense to me.

if Anglo American power is the last till Armagedom… it must still be super power until then with an appropriate leadership.

if it’s not happening … then the great tribulation must be real close. 🙏

the feet from the statue are having more fresh clay than iron.

dont forget: it’s fresh clay not cooked 

this shows the weakness involved 

22 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Interesting because the US/Anglo world power will be still a going concern when Jehovah’s Kingdom takes over.  So it's either going to be resuscitated or we are very close indeed.

Yes!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”