JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, Micka said:

We Serve Jehovah, not with a date in mind, but forever. If we live to see the end, or die before, we're living for HIM with forever in our hearts.  We're nothing special. HE WILL NOT BE LATE.

If the end comes before finishing the Jesus movie, we will finish it in the New World. 

I remember yeaaaarrrrs ago a brother I was with said to a householder "yes we think it is going to be 1975!" The householder was not impressed and neither was I after the call. Being new at the time I told him that I never heard that. He said 'we have to get people moving into the Truth." It didn't work. We cannot read Jehovah's mind and for a good reason.

I wonder what christians in Jerusalem thought when the Roman's stormed the Temple in 66CE. Did they all leave? The video some years ago showed that one family returned to their demise. The rest saw that it really was Jesus' words coming true. Is there an equivalent now? The Wild Beast has been in the Holy Place since 1914 (1919?) or thereabouts.

Percy

1 hour ago, Percy said:

I remember yeaaaarrrrs ago a brother I was with said to a householder "yes we think it is going to be 1975!" The householder was not impressed and neither was I after the call. Being new at the time I told him that I never heard that. He said 'we have to get people moving into the Truth." It didn't work. We cannot read Jehovah's mind and for a good reason.

I wonder what christians in Jerusalem thought when the Roman's stormed the Temple in 66CE. Did they all leave? The video some years ago showed that one family returned to their demise. The rest saw that it really was Jesus' words coming true. Is there an equivalent now? The Wild Beast has been in the Holy Place since 1914 (1919?) or thereabouts.

Percy

The beast will be in the Holy Place when it attack BT.

Just published today

watchtower july 2023

first article 

“are you ready for the great tribulation?”

The great tribulation will soon begin. The qualities of endurance, compassion, and love will help us to be ready for the unprecedented events that will then occur. Note how the early Christians developed those qualities, how we can do the same today, and how those qualities will prepare us for the great tribulation.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2023480&srcid=share

Silly question: how does GB know that GT won’t start before September 11? 🤦‍♀️

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 minutos atrás Sofia disse:

Apenas publicado hoje

torre de vigia julho 2023

primeiro artigo 

“você está pronto para uma grande tribulação?”

A grande tribulação encorajada em breve. As qualidades de perseverança, compaixão e amor nos ajudarão a estar prontos para os eventos sem precedentes que ocorrerão. Observe como os primeiros cristãos desenvolveram essas qualidades, como podemos fazer o mesmo hoje e como essas qualidades nos prepararão para a grande tribulação.

boba: como o GB sabe que o GT não gostou antes de 11 de setembro Pergunta?🤦‍♀️

Perhaps because the sign that the great tribulation is about to begin, which is peace and security, has not yet happened.

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Just published today

watchtower july 2023

first article 

“are you ready for the great tribulation?”

The great tribulation will soon begin. The qualities of endurance, compassion, and love will help us to be ready for the unprecedented events that will then occur. Note how the early Christians developed those qualities, how we can do the same today, and how those qualities will prepare us for the great tribulation.

Silly question: how does GB know that GT won’t start before September 11? 🤦‍♀️

"It will come suddently." A nice article , indeed. 

17 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Talvez porque ainda não aconteceu o sinal de que está para começar a grande tribulação, que é a paz e a segurança.

Correction of my post  ! @Sofia Trying to answer your question, maybe because the sign that the day of Jehovah will begin has not yet happened, the sign of the cry of peace and security!

13 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Correction of my post  ! @Sofia Trying to answer your question, maybe because the sign that the day of Jehovah will begin has not yet happened, the sign of the cry of peace and security!

Now it seems that Sudan conflict is also getting worse …

war in Ukraine seems endless…

I want so much that GT starts 

im Selfish I know but I’m so sick and tired of this wicked system 🙈

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I really want it too, but I'll have to control myself and acquire patience at the convention 😅

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

We feel the same! 

I’m with you sisters on this one.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

A reminder that these conflicts can seem to happen suddenly and unexpectedly. 

Maybe Sudan and Ukraine will resolve suddenly and unexpectedly?     Watching   .   .

The future is unknown.. (The events not recorded in the Bible)

Maybe China will attack Taiwan?

Maybe there will be big war between Israel and Palestine 

Maybe something else?

Too many maybes....

Endurance needed, full stop. 

I have noticed that years, months, weeks and days pass very quickly in this system

The calendar is relentlessly rushing steadily towards the end. 

Time Clock GIF by MOODMAN

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Hotteok said:

And we speedily forget yesterdays..

I’d be like.. once I get to the NW and a week passes, where was that place? I don’t remember.. a year passes and this system will be the old world already.

I forgot the year I joined this forum!  I had to look on my profile. 

So yes, you're correct! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Doug said:

A reminder that these conflicts can seem to happen suddenly and unexpectedly. 

Maybe Sudan and Ukraine will resolve suddenly and unexpectedly?     Watching   .   .

I read Russia is behind the Sudan conflict 

2 hours ago, Dawid said:

For sure you are not selfish. I would like also

But There was 61 countries engaged in second World War and 1 700 000 people. So these conflicts are like we see...

sorry mistake- there is a number 1.700.000.000 people involved in 2nd WW

2 hours ago, Dages said:

Daniel 11:43 right?

Yes... I try not to give a particular interpretation to news. GB does that.

But I read in several news the Wagner group looted Sudan´s gold to pay expenses in the Ukraine invasion.

I wish you all well and that you're able to endure faithful to the end! I'm certain you will.

I liked this quote from the recent magazine:

We are more likely to endure the future great tribulation if we endure trials today. (Rom. 5:3) Why can we say that? Many brothers have found that each test of faith that they endured helped them withstand the next challenge.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2023480&par=14

You can do it! Hang in there now and you know you'll do just fine in the GT:wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I appreciate the reminders that we get that the GT is linked to the Day of Jehovah. We tend to focus on the GT and Armageddon but we can maintain a positive view of the future if we focus on the big picture and remember that those events are part of the Day of Jehovah.

Its interesting to read all of the topics we have here about the GT and replace "GT" with "DoJ" it gives the topics a more positive tenor and full credit to Jehovah.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

I read in several news the Wagner group looted Sudan´s gold to pay expenses in the Ukraine invasion.

I read the same.  It went on to say that Sudan was approving of a Russian naval base on the Red Sea.  It just needed to be ratified by the legislators but the government is in disarray.