JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 hours ago, Stormswift said:

This could indeed change the mood of the US (sorry Richard my edit I meant US not UN) AND Anglo world scene. Now, more than ever we have to stay neutral ... in thoughts as well. Look after each other and listen to instructions even strange ones. As Greg says the decline into the GT will be sudden, shocking even us with how quickly things will change. 

I have a nervous/excited feeling. Whether this is key or not only time will tell. 

7 hours ago, Stormswift said:

get where you are coming from.

The scriptures though talk about politics often and relate them to daily events. Nothing wrong in reporting facts and even relating it to the scriptures as long we don't have an opinion either way.

I personally HATE politics ... if I were in a quiz show and the topic 'poltics' came up, I'd suddenly be the dumbest person in the room.

So it's very easy for me to be neutral in heart and thoughts. However, when a notable or potentially notable event happens, whether it's social or political... one is not compromising their neutral stand by conveying the event or connecting it to scripture.

Remember Dusty we've been on this site for years, and I for one have never seen biased political opinion allowed by the mods. They do a wonderful job and be assured they will lovingly chat with anyone who is.

I agree so mutch with this, please Dear brothers and sisters STAY neutral. It is so easy to be colored by whats happening, look at all the pictures, meaning just in this topic. I dont say it is wrong but please stay neutral, stay close to Jehovah our God, our leader Jesus and the GB

15 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

"fr this pic is fire ngl" means

"For real, this picture is dramatic, I'm not gonna lie".😁

Brothers Jason and Kwabena, now I know your age☺️...and that's how you suddenly feel so olddddd, and it's not just a feeling fr, ngl 🙄

PS.: thought 'fr' was for french (because of Jason) and 'ngl'... still looking for.

10 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

1)  The bullet grazed his ear, as per the reporting and his own statement.

2)  Let's not start conspiracy theories.  A real bullet killed someone behind him.

1) More recent reports are saying his teleprompter was shot and he was scratched by the broken shards. I was calling for accuracy and this is why.

2) I did not start a conspiracy theory. I said "This could be real OR staged." That is factually true - those are the only 2 possibilities.

Don't let sensational news hijack your ability to reason. We will undoubtedly see many disturbing things during the GT, probably even lies about us, and we need to maintain objectivity.

19 minutes ago, cme said:

We will see how this might be related to Daniels prophecy and that of Revelations and other prophecies.  We will wait on the GB.

Otherwise, this is not important to us.

Good point sis. I might add, worldwide this happens all the time. Presidents and former presidents get shot or killed. It is the time we live in. 

But it's different in countries like the USA. USA is like a self elected class prefect in a class called "The World". They are indirectly keeping other countries in check.

Leaders of some countries are waiting for something weird to happen in the USA so that they can use that as an opportunity to to bully their neighbor countries.

For example, President Xi would use a political upheaval in the USA as a sleight of hand to conquer Taiwan.

11 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

But it's different in countries like the USA. USA is like a self elected class prefect in a class called "The World". They are indirectly keeping other countries in check.

Leaders of some countries are waiting for something weird to happen in the USA so that they can use that as an opportunity to to bully their neighbor countries.

For example, President Xi would use a political upheaval in the USA as a sleight of hand to conquer Taiwan.

Agree, and the Kings of the North and South will always be of interest to us.

2 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

2) I did not start a conspiracy theory. I said "This could be real OR staged." That is factually true - those are the only 2 possibilities.

Don't let sensational news hijack your ability to reason. We will undoubtedly see many disturbing things during the GT, probably even lies about us, and we need to maintain objectivity.

My point was that it was mere hours after the shooting where it was posted "It would be all too easy to have a packet of blood smeared across his face while he's obscured from view by bodyguards."

While there could potentially be something strange about it all, time may tell, may we not immediately plants "seeds of doubt" before facts are gathered in the ongoing investigation.   Suggesting a "packet of blood" smeared across his face without credible sources of information for something that just happened is (pun intended), jumping the gun.

Regarding sensational news, I don't fall for it, I can see through it and I see their agendas.   But I proceed with caution before jumping to conclusions or possible "what if's" and what I share.

5 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Lol 😆 @Dolce vita I think ngl is "not gonna lie" . I'm not that old but I don't use that one. 

Just a funny siide point on this ... was watching the quiz show EGGHEADS ... and the question what do these letters (ikr) stand for? The eggs perts had no idea. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good point sis. I might add, worldwide this happens all the time. Presidents and former presidents get shot or killed. It is the time we live in. 

It's the US/Anglo world power I watch. They have to stay in tact.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

17 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Just a funny siide point on this ... was watching the quiz show EGGHEADS ... and the question what do these letters (ikr) stand for? The eggs perts had no idea. 

I Kiss Rabbits?

I Knit Reindeer sweaters?

Intensely Kind Relatives?

I know! Right?

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I Kiss Rabbits?

I Knit Reindeer sweaters?

Intensely Kind Relatives?

I know! Right?

:lol1:

They settled on the answer 'I know really' ... and then whinged that 'I know right' is not proper English. 😄 😄. Text speak is truly unique to the older generation... well actually they looked about your age ... and ... maybe ... mine.

8 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

We do not need to watch my sis They will stay in tact.. Daniel 2:44,45.

Exactly... I watch because we are encouraged to keep on the watch.  Even participating in this thread is keeping watch. So I'm interested in world events in relation to Bible prophecy. Just like everyone else in this thread... or they wouldn't be here. 

Oh it's a positive thing my brother, because as we see these things happen, it reconsolidates Bible prophecy and that the Kingdom is that much closer not just in another day closer, but by the fragility of Satan's system. It also means we can be alert to what's going on for ministry purposes. Interestingly after this happened my ex Bible study texted me last night and wants to restart her studies ... she's scared about what's going on. We need to be on the watch alert to what is happening around us. It's a good thing.

Edited by Stormswift