JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 minute ago, Doug said:

So, it will be much more than just SAYING  peace and security.  There will also be the illusion of evidenceLOOK!  Peace and security!  This illusion, fake veneer of success, will be "lying signs and wonders".   Providing the reason, the basis, for 1 Thess 5:3.

Br Schafer pointed to Exodus 7:10-12 where pharaoh's magic practicing priests mimic the sign Jehovah had performed.  But then the Aaron snake ate up the Pharaoh snake.  

Satan has, and will, use miracles in an attempt to lend credibility to his wicked peace and security lies.  "The operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders and every unrighteous deception".

What is going to happen will draw all the kings of the earth together to destroy false religion and go to war with God himself.

The FDS has modestly said we may not fully understand the fulfillment until afterward.  True.  But that doesn't mean we won't realize that it's undergoing fulfillment, even if it happens suddenly and is of short duration. We just won't know how it all played out until afterward.

Brilliantly summarized. 

Yes, the FDS said, even without their input we will be left in no doubt as to what is happening.  I need to find and transcribe that talk too sometime. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just had a thought, it's man (inspired by demons) who starts the coming conflict, Jehovah finishes it. So Satan is going to think he can win ... P & S ... using his spokesman BBTG ... it's when the Kings turn on them and Satan no longer has the puppets he has had, has Jehovah stepped in. 

So P &S is the harbinger to the GT. Also it's about this time until just before the GT begins the Anointed receive their final sealing. I think the events sound very close to one another.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Just had a thought, it's man (inspired by demons) who starts the coming conflict, Jehovah finishes it.

Technically Satan does not (or humans) start this conflict as Jehovah triggers the GT, prior to this perhaps Satan will try outmaneuver Jehovah by "avoiding"  the conflict by means of PS "proclamation" (whatever the format) where everything will seem fine ..then Jehovah starts and finishes everything. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

perhaps Satan will try outmaneuver Jehovah by "avoiding"  the conflict by means of PS "proclamation" (whatever the format) where everything will seem fine ..

P&S doesn't 'trigger' Jehovah into action (otherwise, that would suggest Jehovah is waiting on Satan).  P&S is just Satan duping the world into complacency for his own sick reasons.

However, because Satan is behind it, and it will be extremely convincing, we may conclude that Satan has a pretty good idea that Jehovah's judgment upon BtG is imminent.

"The goal of Olympism is to place sport at the service of the harmonious development of man, with a view to promoting a peaceful society concerned with the preservation of human dignity."

"Contributing to building a peaceful and better world through sport is a Fundamental Principle of the Olympic Charter"

https://olympics.com/ioc/peace-and-development

30 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Technically Satan does not (or humans) start this conflict as Jehovah triggers the GT, prior to this perhaps Satan will try outmaneuver Jehovah by "avoiding"  the conflict by means of PS "proclamation" (whatever the format) where everything will seem fine ..then Jehovah starts and finishes everything. 

G'day Greg.

The conflict start by the Kings gathering to the spiritual situation called Armageddon... they are led to that situation by demonically inspired expressions. 

The following link may help. (And again, if I'm not taking things in context, please let me know ... this thread is about diamonds sharpening diamonds) 💎 

I remember learning that Jehovah is only a God of War when justice based on love demands it. 

Satan started this whole business, soon it will be time for our God to finish it. So he comes in only when they turn on his people.

1. WHO STARTS THE WAR?

The war of Armageddon is not an act of aggression by God. Instead, God will defend good people from those who would crush them. The aggressors in this conflict are “the kings of the entire inhabited earth,” the world’s leaders. Why the attack? Because, like a puppet master, Satan will maneuver both governmental and military agencies into an all-out assault on those who worship Jehovah God.—Revelation 16:13, 14; 19:17, 18.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20120201/The-Truth-About-Armageddon/

Edited by Ahuvah

25 minutes ago, Dages said:

Can we have Armageddon now please?

They have sang the J lennon song about peace and no religion.

Also a lady rode a mechanic white horse like a revelation Horse rider. 

Interensting messages, as if humans are hoping for some angelic or supernatural intervention to end wars and bring peace.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

P&S doesn't 'trigger' Jehovah into action

You are absolutly right,

Jehovah wants to bring the last war: The ARMAGEDDON, a fair and square war, so Satan will make people believe the World wll be in peace, just to create a big diversion.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

You are absolutly right,

Jehovah wants to bring the last war: The ARMAGEDDON, a fair and square war, so Satan will make people believe the World wll be in peace, just to create a big diversion.

The Kings of the earth trigger it, but yes ... Jehovah will these diversions back onto Satan. It's exciting ay?

1 hour ago, vern said:

Commentary vs scripture.  Best to think with scripture and know when its charished commentary.

Br Schafer's talk is just under 10 minutes.  He quotes (reads) five scriptures:  Rev. 16:13-16 , 1 Thess. 5:1-3 , Ex. 7:10-12 , 2 Thess. 2:3-12 and Mark 13:22.

ALL those scriptures have a commonality that is relevant to his topic.

Most of his talk is commentary on their meaning and why we should pay attention.  :yes:

4 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Brilliantly summarized. 

Yes, the FDS said, even without their input we will be left in no doubt as to what is happening.  I need to find and transcribe that talk too sometime. 

That was said regarding Babylon‘s destruction, we will not need any input from the GB to know it happened.  However, regarding P&S, we will not ever receive any kind of announcement, so we probably won’t know without a doubt that it happened till Babylon is destroyed.

16 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Here you go, just a partial transcription of the first half of the talk to help you out Sis Fiona. 🌹 

The part in bold are MY comments, the rest is verbatim.

'And I saw  three inspired unclean expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon and out of the mouth of the Wikd Beast  and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are in fact expressions inspired of demons and they perform signs and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth to gather them together to the Great Day of God the Almighty. And verse 16 says: and they, (these expressions)  gathered the kings of the entire inhabited earth to the place that is called I  Hebrew Armageddon.'

Expressions, now these must be very persuasive expressions because they compel not just a few isolated kings here and there, but the kings of the entire inhabited earth to the situation called Armageddon.

NB: The Anglo/American world power is part of 'the kings of the entire inhabited earth.'

These expressions, you notice, are unclean so they cannot originate with Jehovah,  and yet they are inspired  by demons, and yet their ultimate source is in the mouth of the Dragon - Satan the Devil, the Father of the Lie. But now, who actually gives voice to these expressions? Well notice in verse 13 that the expressions also come out of the mouths of the Wild Beast and the False Prophet- political entities of Satan’s world. So here we have unclean expressions inspired by demons originating with Satan, but voiced, repeated, parroted,  echoed by people who constitute Satan's  wicked world.

Below is where these unclean inspired expressions are applied to Peace and Security:

Now just what are these expressions that are so persuasive that they compel kings? What concept would be so compelling? Since 1914, Satan has been stepping up his efforts to mislead the entire inhabited earth, and one of his goals is to deceive mankind into thinking that humans, that Satan's way of ruling is the best, that humans can actually achieve Peace and Security through their own systems and governments. Moreover, according to 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 1-3, they will soon be saying that they actually achieved Peace and Security.

Now adding to the power of these inspired expressions are the signs. The signs make it seem as if these expressions are actually coming true. Perhaps, that they even have the backing of God, but the only God backing these particular inspired expressions is the god of this system of things. 

Is it unprecedented that Satan the Devil would use miracles in an attempt to lend credibility to his ideas, his wicked lies? Exodus 7 verses 10 through 12, Jehovah empowers Aarons rod to become a snake, but Pharoahs magic practicing priests mimicked that very sign. Likewise they mimicked the first and the second other Ten Plagues. Okay, but what about after the Christian congregation came into existence? Paul indicated at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 that the  Apostate movement that eventually gave birth to the clergy of Christendom would be backed by 'the operation  of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders.' 2 Thessalonians 2:9. Moreover,Mark 13:22 says in the prophecy of the last days Jesus said: 'Moreover false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen ones.'  So clearly,  the demons teach, and it's not beyond Satan and the demons to back up their false claims with wonders at times. Although, obviously,  their power in that regard is limited."

I have transcribed the talk previously. I'll find it. As his theme text was Rev 16:16  and he referred to verse 14 where "expressions inspired by demons" "perform signs", to gather the kings of the inhabited earth to Armageddon, I believe he was referring to this time period just before Armageddon. Nowhere have I read that there will be "signs and wonders" related to the declaration of P & S. The current understanding is that the nations may believe they have solved some of their biggest problems. I can't find any information that the "false Christs and false prophets" who try to "mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones", referred to at Matt 24:24, are part of P & S.

Edited by feebee

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Can we have Armageddon now please?

When I looked at the video I thought it was just 'wokeness', inclusion, diversity etc.

But I've since seen on social media this may also be a mockery of christianity. It resembles christendoms last supper.  The main character in the middle like a christ with the sun behind the head, emanating rays of light.

I have no idea what the 'message' is or who its for.  Not me.

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

That was said regarding Babylon‘s destruction, we will not need any input from the GB to know it happened.  However, regarding P&S, we will not ever receive any kind of announcement, so we probably won’t know without a doubt that it happened till Babylon is destroyed.

I've not read that, the links that Trottigy put up says the opposite. I've heard them say they don't know in what way it will be conveyed to us. That I agree with. 

But again, along the Scriptural reasoning that signs and wonders from the demonic section in conjunction with these three expressions in Revelation would suggest to me, we would very definitely know, as the signs and wonders will be convincing many they have 'Peace,' 

I'd love to see anything you have where they've said it won't be an announcement.  That would help me out tremendously in my research. 

Lovely to read your post.

1 hour ago, feebee said:

I have transcribed the talk previously. I'll find it. As his theme text was Rev 16:16  and he referred to verse 14 where "expressions inspired by demons" "perform signs", to gather the kings of the inhabited earth to Armageddon, I believe he was referring to this time period just before Armageddon. Nowhere have I read that there will be "signs and wonders" related to the declaration of P & S. The current understanding is that the nations may believe they have solved some of their biggest problems. I can't find any information that the "false Christs and false prophets" who try to "mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones", referred to at Matt 24:24, are part of P & S.

It says it in the piece that you quoted me on.  See  below. 

1 hour ago, feebee said:

Now just what are these expressions that are so persuasive that they compel kings? What concept would be so compelling? Since 1914, Satan has been stepping up his efforts to mislead the entire inhabited earth, and one of his goals is to deceive mankind into thinking that humans, that Satan's way of ruling is the best, that humans can actually achieve Peace and Security through their own systems and governments. Moreover, according to 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 1-3, they will soon be saying that they actually achieved Peace and Security.

Now adding to the power of these inspired expressions are the signs. The signs make it seem as if these expressions are actually coming true. Perhaps, that they even have the backing of God, but the only God backing these particular inspired expressions is the god of this system of things. 

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

They have sang the J lennon song about peace and no religion.

Also a lady rode a mechanic white horse like a revelation Horse rider. 

Interensting messages, as if humans are hoping for some angelic or supernatural intervention to end wars and bring peace.

I guess it would be surprising if the nations of the Olympics started saying peace and security….🤪

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Just now, BLEmom said:

I guess it would be surprising if the nations of the Olympics started saying peace and security….🤪

Or urging it at least.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:14 PM, Doug said:

With at least two hot wars going on, the "lying signs" would be very persuasive if one or both of those wars ended.

And then there’s this..

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240615-world-leaders-meet-at-swiss-peace-conference-on-ukraine-–-without-russia

Of course, nothing has happened, but I was more than a little surprised that Zelensky even mentioned the P word. Otoh, I saw yesterday where many in Germany are tired of the war and the amount of money it’s costing them. I doubt they are the only country that feels this way, despite what may be said publicly. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

1 hour ago, Ahuvah said:

It says it in the piece that you quoted me on.  See  below. 

You have to look at the context. He's specifically referring to Armageddon and the "signs" that are so persuasive that they compel the kings of the entire inhabited earth to gather together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. But the encouragement is to keep our outer garments, our identity as true Christians, and not be fooled by demonic propaganda now or in the future. We're not in darkness. So whatever form P & S takes, we'll see it for what it is. 

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

5 hours ago, Doug said:

P&S doesn't 'trigger' Jehovah into action (otherwise, that would suggest Jehovah is waiting on Satan).  P&S is just Satan duping the world into complacency for his own sick reasons.

However, because Satan is behind it, and it will be extremely convincing, we may conclude that Satan has a pretty good idea that Jehovah's judgment upon BtG is imminent.

I think they meant that Jehovah is going to put his finger on the scale of the world just enough that Satan frantically tries to stop the consequences by crying peace and security; but the destruction will happen anyway because it's Jehovah's timing. In this way it would be Satan reacting to Jehovah, not the other way around.

Edited by LeolaRootStew

We know Jehovah puts it into their hearts to turn on religion, but he doesn't 'act' until they touch his eyeball.  But yeah you are right, once P&S are called, said or however it's going to be done, Satan is at a point of no return. He can't slink off into the darkness which is what a Devas does he leaves and comes back at a more convenient time, not this time, he will compelled to see it through. Fascinating.