JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Yep

Hide contents

Armageddon Is Good News!   w19 September  Study Article 36

baaah that is OLD news :D 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

Has anyone seen anything positive lately - anything that actually makes you feel more secure or peaceful - so much so that you could be distracted - you know like the thread title "Peace and Security" 

Actually no, not yet. Our current understanding is that the declaration of P&S makes people around the world think that someone or something has made the world a peaceful and secure place to live. None of the current news reports make me think we are anywhere near that. Something momentous and completely unexpected would need to happen and I think we would recognize it instantly.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Actually no, not yet. Our current understanding is that the declaration of P&S makes people around the world think that someone or something has made the world a peaceful and secure place to live. None of the current news reports make me think we are anywhere near that. Something momentous and completely unexpected would need to happen and I think we would recognize it instantly.

So, the more news articles that I see here about how bad the world is, tells me that P&S is further away, not closer...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

With all seriousness, we do not know why they will say P&S. The world will be a mess, when the GT start. 

So true. I like the way it is explained here.

*** w19 October p. 9 par. 3 Keep Busy During the Last of “the Last Days” ***
Just before that “day” begins, the nations will be proclaiming “Peace and security!” (Some translations say: “Peace and safety.”) World leaders sometimes use similar expressions when they talk about stabilizing relationships between nations. However, the announcement of “peace and security” that the Bible describes will be different. Why? When this happens, people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place. But in reality, “sudden destruction” will follow as the “great tribulation” unfolds.—Matt. 24:21.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

And that is in line with the statement from the FDS (Morning Worship I think) that there may not be time to receive instruction from the FDS as prophesy is often seen only in hindsight. But that we will see and understand it at the same time. DISCLAIMER: words to that effect, not verbatim. 

I'm not quite on the same page as you my old slow and gentle friend, that we are nowhere near it.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

that we are nowhere near it.

I didn't mean to say that. :D

I said the current news reports about the lack of peace in the world tell me that we aren't close to P&S yet. 

Edited by Tortuga

20 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

And that is in line with the statement from the FDS (Morning Worship I think) that there may not be time to receive instruction from the FDS as prophesy is often seen only in hindsight. But that we will see and understand it at the same time. DISCLAIMER: words to that effect, not verbatim. 

I'm not quite on the same page as you my old slow and gentle friend, that we are nowhere near it.

I really appreciate the information we had in the WT last year. Sorry for the long quote but it reminds us to be balanced when watching world events.

*** w23 February p. 16 “Keep Your Senses, Be Watchful!” ***
BE BALANCED WHEN WATCHING WORLD EVENTS
4 For good reason, we are interested in seeing how current world events are fulfilling Bible prophecy. For instance, Jesus provided a list of specific events to help us know when the end of Satan’s system is drawing near. (Matt. 24:3-14) The apostle Peter encouraged us to pay attention to the fulfillment of prophecy so that our faith will remain strong. (2 Pet. 1:19-21) The last book of the Bible begins with the words: “A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place.” (Rev. 1:1) So we have a keen interest in current world events and in knowing how they may fulfill Bible prophecy. And we may be eager to discuss such events with one another.
5 When discussing Bible prophecy, however, we should avoid speculating. Why? Because we would not want to say anything that could cause disunity in the congregation. For instance, we may hear world leaders talk about how they can solve a particular conflict and bring peace and security. Instead of speculating that such a statement fulfills the prophecy at 1 Thessalonians 5:3, we need to keep up-to-date with the latest published information. When we base our discussions on material published by Jehovah’s organization, we help the congregation to remain united “in the same line of thought.”—1 Cor. 1:10; 4:6.
6 Read 2 Peter 3:11-13. The apostle Peter helps us to keep a balanced view when considering Bible prophecy. He urges us to “keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah.” Why? Not because we want to work out the “day and hour” when Jehovah will bring Armageddon, but because we want to use the time we have left to perform “holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion.” (Matt. 24:36; Luke 12:40) In other words, we want to maintain upright conduct and make sure that our efforts in Jehovah’s service reflect our deep love for him. To keep that focus, we must pay attention to ourselves.

Edited by Tortuga

I agree with that of course. But think we are closer to the actual P&S than many think. Which is also in line with recent public talks. We had one 3 weeks ago entitled: Are We Closer Than We Think? I was on video for the last time and followed along with the outline. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I didn't mean to say that. :D

I said the current news reports about the lack of peace in the world tell me that we aren't close to P&S yet. 

Lol you love making posts don't you. You scared I might catch up to you? 😄 🤣 😂 😆 

33 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

I agree with that of course. But think we are closer to the actual P&S than many think. Which is also in line with recent public talks. We had one 3 weeks ago entitled: Are We Closer Than We Think? I was on video for the last time and followed along with the outline. 

No. 181 Is It Later Than You Think?

That's a great outline. It helps people that aren't familiar with the Bible understand what the Bible says about the last days, and it encourages inactive ones. There is no lack of evidence that we are in the Last Days. The declaration of P&S will come, we just don't know when. The current news reports don't tell us if it is any closer or further away..:lol1: 

However, I have no objection to someone posting articles here, I just wanted to help everyone that reads the comments here to maintain a balanced view of what is posted. Enjoy!

Edited by Tortuga

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The declaration of P&S will come, we just don't know when. The current news reports don't tell us if it is any closer or further away..

100% agree. Frame it.

5 hours ago, trottigy said:

Just a thought - The idea of a forum for JWs all around the world is for them to meet and encourage one another. Is sharing every negative story you can find really the way to do that? Do we really need more places to share negative things. How about just go to FoxNews or MSNBC? OR even better Facebook!

Has anyone seen anything positive lately - anything that actually makes you feel more secure or peaceful - so much so that you could be distracted - you know like the thread title "Peace and Security" OR maybe we just rename this thread "Chaos and Doom"? Then these posts would all make more sense.  😉

I think that possibly the clue is in the title of this thread…?

A topic to discuss the lead up to Armageddon that takes in the false declaration of peace and security, great tribulation and Armageddon… so it kind of goes with the territory that lots of posts will include doom and gloom…

Thankfully we’ve lots of threads that we can include more up building conversations… although personally I find discussing the prospect of the fast approaching tribulation up building in itself 😆

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I actually feel different to some statements already made. I see current turmoil as an indication of fast approaching Jehovah’s Day. Nations are puzzled and surprised how events are shaping current world. In order to turn off the gas on the stove a chef needs to reach boiling point of the soup. I think we are close to a boiling point where “gas” will be turned off. 

It’s actually encouraging to see how the world is “boiling” there is no stability and daily news headlines add something everyday… there is a reason for nations to proclaim PS …they will think they turned of the gas… we are close now. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

If the topic isn't to your liking, simply unfollow it. There's no need for disagreements in the thread I've created. Happy people don't cause disruptions! It's not my responsibility if you're unable to create a big and popular topic yourself, and now you want to take mine? This is already becoming persecution of me 

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

I actually feel different to some statements already made. I see current turmoil as an indication of fast approaching Jehovah’s Day. Nations are puzzled and surprised how events are shaping current world. In order to turn off the gas on the stove a chef needs to reach boiling point of the soup. I think we are close to a boiling point where “gas” will be turned off. 

It’s actually encouraging to see how the world is “boiling” there is no stability and daily news headlines add something everyday… there is a reason for nations to proclaim PS …they will think they turned of the gas… we are close now. 

Nice illustration!

8 minutes ago, Áine said:

A topic to discuss the lead up to Armageddon that takes in the false declaration of peace and security, great tribulation and Armageddon… so it kind of goes with the territory that lots of posts will include doom and gloom…

This is fact. Hello to you dear Aine. 😘 

My take:

It takes a spiritually balanced person to report it as evidence of the downhill spiral we are living in, but at the same time keep it in it's place. Negative events are increasing and will increase. But as previously reported ... Armageddon is GOOD NEWS! We are wanting relief, not for ourselves solely, but for the whole of creation. And, it goes without saying that we are all sick of the mud slinging at our God.

2 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

If the topic isn't to your liking, simply unfollow it. There's no need for disagreements in the thread I've created. Happy people don't cause disruptions! It's not my responsibility if you're unable to create a big and popular topic yourself, and now you want to take mine? This is already becoming persecution of me 

I'm truly sorry that I made you feel that way. This is a discussion board, and I was just offering my opinion like everyone else. 

Edited by Tortuga

2 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Dhanyel my dear brother, maturity belongs to those who discuss disagreements, resolves them and then moves on without letting the outcome change anything. We love you and this thread is awesome.  So don't worry about any little blips. Happens in most big threads.

Here is an interesting quote from JUNE 23 WAs a thief in the night.” (1 Thess. 5:2) This is the first of three word pictures used to describe the arrival of Jehovah’s  day. Thieves often act quickly and under the cover of darkness to catch their victims off guard. Jehovah’s day will also strike suddenly, taking most people by surprise. Even true Christians might be surprised by how quickly events unfold. But unlike the wicked, we will not suffer destruction.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I've noticed more and more comments ... especially in the UK of late ... about the world going down. Or something is about to happen.

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

I am in tears. Chocolate tears.

Haha 😄 🤣 😂  You haven't lived until you've had Whittakers ... I'll save some for you in the NS ... Jehovah willing.