JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

28 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

How long will this system continue to suffocate us? I feel anguish and sadness; it's really hard to bear.

I feel the same… 😖

I also feel something big is coming to the World

A big change 

I don’t know

I pray for the kingdom come and this feeling is growing inside me every day

it must mean that I’m tired of this and want the new system fast

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I feel the same… 😖

I also feel something big is coming to the World

A big change 

I don’t know

I pray for the kingdom come and this feeling is growing inside me every day

it must mean that I’m tired of this and want the new system fast

As long we on Jehovah’s side, we get through sis.

Soon, it will be showtime!

2 Chronicles 20:17- 17 You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.

Revelation 22:20-20 “The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’” “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

Edited by Cool.As.Ice

Adding a scripture and emphasizing a point

32 minutes ago, Cool.As.Ice said:

Soon, it will be showtime!

2 Chronicles 20:17- 17 You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.

Revelation 22:20-20 “The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’” “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

I am still wondering - what "soon" means.

1 hour ago, Dawid said:
1 hour ago, Cool.As.Ice said:

I am still wondering

On a serious note…I will zero in on this expression and dissect it a little bit.

Jehovah always has and always will fulfill his word at the exact time that he says he will. He had everything figured out 6,000 years ago back in the garden of Eden, he came up with a solution IMMEDIATELY. How awesome is that?!? (Genesis 3:15). Compare Joshua 23:14.

He has had a set time when he will bring this world to an end, and He has been progressively preparing His organization for when the curtain finally drops on this system.

Think of some of the changes:

1)No more hours on our field service reports.

2)Focusing more on conversations and reaching people’s hearts rather than “look @ me, I placed 40 magazines this month” or “I did 10 hours”, with emphasis more on reaching people’s hearts rather than stats.  
PSST: Okay this is related to #1. Please don’t hang me on the torture stake for this. (Let the reader use discernment, pun intended.)

3)Discontinuing never-ending Bible studies with people sitting on the fence and focusing on those who truly and actually want to get up and do something.

4)Having us prepare “go-bags” with emergency supplies so we can be ‘ready to go’ at a moments’ notice.

5)The ever-more intensifying “pushing” between KotN and KotS. (Daniel 11:40)

6)The fact that it had just been revealed to us that some people might turn to true worship during the GT. That was a monumental announcement, one of the most significant in our recent history.

7) Of course, the “signs of the times” (everything happening during the ‘last days’, which is getting worse and worse with time, etc., not something I need to, or wanna repeat in front of hundreds of baptized Witnesses, because all of ya’ll know what the deal is)

8)Increasingly, the themes of our WTs and Awake’s talk a little less about false beliefs of Christendom, and breaking free of BTG (though still extremely important), and more about the pressures of life in this system of things and how to keep close to God’s organization in this time of the end, as people care less and less about religion.

Really, I could go on and on, but there is clear and overwhelming evidence that we are in the “last of the last days” of this system of things.

It is natural to want to wonder why this system is taking so long to end (compare Habakkuk 1:2-4) but we need to look at the big picture and realize that Jehovah knows the entire situation much better than we do.

We have no reason to wonder when Jehovah will finally bring the end of this system of things. He had made this decision over six thousand years ago! Think about that. He has been getting us ready for this for well over 100 years, and when the time comes, he will have our backs, as a people, ‘til the end.

The thing we have to do, of course, is focus on the work we’ve been given, to the best of our ability, and know that Jehovah has had everything all figured out right from the very beginning, and He always has had everything under control. 

With that said, I’m not blind to everything going on out here. But there is no reason to worry about how soon Jehovah will bring the end of this system of things. 

We know that it’s coming, and we know something better than just this life is in store, that’s what makes us all happy; because the chances are great, that we will be able to see these things come to pass with our very own eyes! Amazing Bible prophecies thousands of years old, all being fulfilled right before our eyes! If that doesn’t excite you, and fire you up, I don’t know what will. But it does get me amped up.

And at the end, you better believe that all of us will say: Hallelujah!

That’s my story, Brother Dawid, and I’m sticking to it!

PS: If this intense speech was incomprehensible, you’ll have to read it at least 12 times, then ask the mods to give me a timeout. JK

But seriously though, I really hope this helped you out, wasn’t trying to be hard on you. 😉 Peace ✌️, broham.

Edited by Cool.As.Ice

Do I need to give a reason!? 😜

1 hour ago, Dawid said:

10 years ago “soon” was a bit delayed so to speak .. but seeing what is happening around the world and changes taking place within our organisation “soon” has a real meaning. 
Nowadays “soon” means soon. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

37 minutes ago, Cool.As.Ice said:

On a serious note…I will zero in on this expression and dissect it a little bit.

Jehovah always has and always will fulfill his word at the exact time that he says he will. He had everything figured out 6,000 years ago back in the garden of Eden, he came up with a solution IMMEDIATELY. How awesome is that?!? (Genesis 3:15). Compare Joshua 23:14.

He has had a set time when he will bring this world to an end, and He has been progressively preparing His organization for when the curtain finally drops on this system.

Think of some of the changes:

1)No more hours on our field service reports.

2)Focusing more on conversations and reaching people’s hearts rather than “look @ me, I placed 40 magazines this month” or “I did 10 hours”, with emphasis more on reaching people’s hearts rather than stats.  
PSST: Okay this is related to #1. Please don’t hang me on the torture stake for this. (Let the reader use discernment, pun intended.)

3)Discontinuing never-ending Bible studies with people sitting on the fence and focusing on those who truly and actually want to get up and do something.

4)Having us prepare “go-bags” with emergency supplies so we can be ‘ready to go’ at a moments’ notice.

5)The ever-more intensifying “pushing” between KotN and KotS. (Daniel 11:40)

6)The fact that it had just been revealed to us that some people might turn to true worship during the GT. That was a monumental announcement, one of the most significant in our recent history.

7) Of course, the “signs of the times” (everything happening during the ‘last days’, which is getting worse and worse with time, etc., not something I need to, or wanna repeat in front of hundreds of baptized Witnesses, because all of ya’ll know what the deal is)

8)Increasingly, the themes of our WTs and Awake’s talk a little less about false beliefs of Christendom, and breaking free of BTG (though still extremely important), and more about the pressures of life in this system of things and how to keep close to God’s organization in this time of the end, as people care less and less about religion.

Really, I could go on and on, but there is clear and overwhelming evidence that we are in the “last of the last days” of this system of things.

It is natural to want to wonder why this system is taking so long to end (compare Habakkuk 1:2-4) but we need to look at the big picture and realize that Jehovah knows the entire situation much better than we do.

We have no reason to wonder when Jehovah will finally bring the end of this system of things. He had made this decision over six thousand years ago! Think about that. He has been getting us ready for this for well over 100 years, and when the time comes, he will have our backs, as a people, ‘til the end.

The thing we have to do, of course, is focus on the work we’ve been given, to the best of our ability, and know that Jehovah has had everything all figured out right from the very beginning, and He always has had everything under control. 

With that said, I’m not blind to everything going on out here. But there is no reason to worry about how soon Jehovah will bring the end of this system of things. 

We know that it’s coming, and we know something better than just this life is in store, that’s what makes us all happy; because the chances are great, that we will be able to see these things come to pass with our very own eyes! Amazing Bible prophecies thousands of years old, all being fulfilled right before our eyes! If that doesn’t excite you, and fire you up, I don’t know what will. But it does get me amped up.

And at the end, you better believe that all of us will say: Hallelujah!

That’s my story, Brother Dawid, and I’m sticking to it!

PS: If this intense speech was incomprehensible, you’ll have to read it at least 12 times, then ask the mods to give me a timeout. JK

But seriously though, I really hope this helped you out, wasn’t trying to be hard on you. 😉 Peace ✌️, broham.

It was pleasure to read it. You did it because of me - thank you 😉 I will read it twice.

12 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

10 years ago “soon” was a bit delayed so to speak .. but seeing what is happening around the world and changes taking place within our organisation “soon” has a real meaning. 
Nowadays “soon” means soon. 

What "soon" meant to us 30 years ago? what does it mean now? For me - it seems to be the same meaning

Edited by Dawid

6 minutes ago, Dawid said:

What "soon" meant to us 30 years ago? what does it mean now?

David, work it out … we are seeing massive and fast changes taking place everywhere… 

EVEN if we had to wait another 10 years for the end … can you imagine living during the last 10 years of the period that started in the garden of Eden and now is pending fast toward final conclusion… 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

David, work it out … we are seeing massive and fast changes taking place everywhere… 

EVEN if we had to wait another 10 years for the end … can you imagine living during the last 10 years of the period that started in the garden of Eden and now is pending fast toward final conclusion… 

Soon - this word is conecting to time, not events. So that is why , no one can explain what does it mean

At work, soon ,have to mean something, like tommorow or next month. If we do not precise it, it means to people nothing. 

Edited by Dawid

Just now, Dawid said:

Soon - this word is conecting to time, not events. So that is why , no one can explain what does it mean

Events are the pointers Jesus told us how to recognize times we are living in …. Matt 24. So events are indeed important and mark where we are in the stream of time. Events are strongly linked together with prophecies as well. 

Just now, New World Explorer said:

Events are the pointers Jesus told us how to recognize times we are living in …. Matt 24. So events are indeed important and mark where we are in the stream of time. Events are strongly linked together with prophecies as well. 

I agree. It is just about "soon" . Second means second, day means day, what soon means? No one knows. If we do not know it is dangerous use this word.

3 minutes ago, Dawid said:

I agree. It is just about "soon" . Second means second, day means day, what soon means? No one knows. If we do not know it is dangerous use this word.

Depends how you use it and what is implied.. look for example Matt 24:32 “soon” there is really important to take notice. 

21 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

How long will this system continue to suffocate us? I feel anguish and sadness; it's really hard to bear.

You are not alone. especially if I  hear faithful zealous bro and sis  whom Ive worked with and who are in bedridden now and with severe dementia. 

How long? 

Edited by JennyM

2 hours ago, Dawid said:

Please read 2 pet. 3:8

outside the Earth, time runs faster.

time is relative thing.

For Jehovah it’s really fast

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

49 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Please read 2 pet. 3:8

outside the Earth, time runs faster.

time is relative thing.

For Jehovah it’s really fast

Relative time is an empirical thing, not an absolute one, so if we are busy, we will feel the time is faster :D 

When 9 million of Jehovah's people are clamoring for the Kingdom,  will He not hear? Will he not act? He is patient, yes but, He is just and will not let this system go on a minute longer.

We all can see what is happening around the world and we are disturbed.  We are losing friends to death but, only for a moment because they will soon awaken.

Stay busy in spiritual matters.  Do not give much importance to the news.  Jehovah has every second of this system measured.

It's great to be alive at 65 - but I can not complete with my mom - if Jehovah's will in October she will be 103 - she live at her home , live at home with her, prepare food, do housekeeping , mow lawn , get groceries,  take to Dr appointments, set up zoom on her tablet, pretty much myself and her  - my brother (not in the truth ) sees mom from Arizona twice a year .