JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, cme said:

What will this October bring?

October 4026 BC - Adam created

October 2370 BC - The deluge begins

October 607 BC - The gentile times begin

October 1473 BC - The walls of Jericho falls, Isrealites enter the promised land.

October 539 BC - Babylon falls to Cyrus the Great

October 537 BC - Jews return to Jerusalem

October year 2 BC Jesus is born

October year 29 - Jesus is baptized. The Messiah appears

October year 1914 - Jesus is King.

Hang in there Jenny, we are almost home.  We don't know when but, it is soon!

I knew I was born in a great month. LOL

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

23 hours ago, vern said:

Thief in the night will be the worlds expectations of a better world.... And the delusion 

Speaking of delusions   .   .    People in the US are gearing-up for another presidential election.  People actually believe either this guy or that guy will fix everything if he wins.   Macro delusion.

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

Thanks .. The watchtower for sunday is just in time. Im sorry if I sound impatient. Our lives  right now is just surviving not living. 

This is the WT we will study mid september, a good start for the new year :D https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/dsync/r30/lp-f/r1/lp-e/2023480

We already know the demise of this system.  It is not far from collapsing.  We don't need the GB to tell us that.  The signs are very clear and in view that we recognize it as leading us to the end of this system.

When?  That is the million dollar question and in all reality if we knew, we would possibly be fearful of what is about to happen.  In essence, not knowing the exact date protects us all.

The signs are plainly seen though.  The season is here.  The arrival is imminent.  We stay focus on the preaching, teaching attending our meetings and when we least expect it......it will be upon us like a thief.

There is no question that what we are experiencing is not normal in any respect therefore, we await on Jehovah's timetable to bring this to a close.

4 hours ago, Dages said:

This is the WT we will study mid september, a good start for the new year :D https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/dsync/r30/lp-f/r1/lp-e/2023480

This is such a great article. The subheadings are topics we've been studying a lot in the last year or more. Only this article is even more pointed, to me anyway. 

We've been encouraged to have endurance but now we're told to strengthen it.

Because of coming difficulties we need to have compassion for others.

To have compassion we need to love our spiritual family, with some it's hard but we need to work on that.

Finally preparing, using the scripture in Zeph. 1:14,15. A day of fury and distress. 

Thanks David for sharing!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, cme said:

What will this October bring?

If I recall it was also the Stock Market Crash of 1929. https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/1929-stock-market-crash

However, Jesus died in the spring of 33CE.

Jesus gave the warning that it would not be in wintertime.

(Matthew 24:20) "Keep praying that your flight may not occur in wintertime nor on the Sabbath day;"

The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, on the other hand, was June 28. The first guns to fire was in August. Declarations of war followed for a year and then some afterward.

October/Tishri is about the time when a new lunar year started for the ancients, chronologically speaking. Wouldn't it be incredible if it was October!!   But ..... events can happen any time of the year.

But Percy, people live on different hemispheres so it's going to be winter for somebody. 

No matter where we are we pray that we're going to stay strong and endure what comes. 🧡

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

But Percy, people live on different hemispheres so it's going to be winter for somebody. 

No matter where we are we pray that we're going to stay strong and endure what comes. 🧡

I do not think every one will be pregnant too. I hope not. Matthew 24:19

5 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

No matter where we are we pray that we're going to stay strong and endure what comes.

Exactly. It could any time of the year and over a period of time. Those are the unknowns.

8 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

But people live on different hemispheres so it's going to be winter for somebody. 

I recall hearing that he meant the wintertime of our spiritual life.  That is, pray that the tribulation does not happen while we are in a dormant, hibernation, spiritually.

It's makes some sense.

17 horas atrás, cme disse:

O que este mês de outubro suportou?

Outubro 4026 aC - Adão criado

Outubro 2370 aC - O dilúvio começa

Outubro 607 aC - Começam os tempos dos gentios

Outubro de 1473 aC - As muralhas de Jericó caem, os entrelaçados na terra prometida.

Outubro 539 aC - Babilônia cai para Ciro, o Grande

Outubro 537 aC - Judeus retornam a Jerusalém

Outubro ano 2 AC Jesus nasce

29 de outubro - Jesus é batizado. O Messias aparece

Outubro ano 1914 - Jesus é Rei.

Aguente firme Jenny, estamos quase em casa. Não sabemos quando, mas é em breve!

Here's the thread with more info than what you mentioned, thanks a lot 

Sometimes sadness and discouragement make hope diminish, I have been praying to Jehovah for more faith, more motivation, it won't take long even if the mind insists that it may take time, the world is in chaos,All I need is to have more faith, patience, courage, maybe I don't expect the end now, but it could come just when I don't think and that would be awesome,Thanks for all the words of encouragement,Thank you all for keeping me warm spiritually ❤️

11 hours ago, Loyal said:

Sometimes sadness and discouragement make hope diminish, I have been praying to Jehovah for more faith, more motivation, it won't take long even if the mind insists that it may take time, the world is in chaos,All I need is to have more faith, patience, courage, maybe I don't expect the end now, but it could come just when I don't think and that would be awesome,Thanks for all the words of encouragement,Thank you all for keeping me warm spiritually ❤️

Every morning tell yourself it will come tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. One day you will be right 👍🏿

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Russian Church not removed from World Council

The Russian Orthodox Church remains a member of the World Council of Churches. The Council, however, strongly condemned Russia's "illegal and unjustified" war of aggression in Ukraine.

At a press conference, newly elected general secretary Jerry Pillay said the World Council of Churches' task is to examine church unity. It is, therefore, right to maintain dialogue with the Russian Orthodox Church. "We must try to have a fruitful dialogue and understand the perspective of the Russian Orthodox Church," Pillay said.

https://cne.news/article/1335-russian-church-not-removed-from-world-council

Jesus destroyed the religious mafia in Jerusalem when he was here on earth. soon he will destroy the world mafia in all false religion.

Is there something changing among the russian military forces? Is Putin losing suport?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-mercenary-boss-says-moscows-war-ukraine-based-lies-2023-06-23/

Is this a calling for a riot in Russia? Putin ´s regime is being at stake... ? 

I wish this war to end asap. Tired of this.... so tired.

Following...

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Just now, Dages said:

The troubles in Russia tonight makes me wonder if the end of the KotN isn't coming from inside the KotN

My thoughts exactly. We just gotta keep on the watch...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

There wont be Peace and Security with Ukraine conflict on...

But noting tell us that its end will bring peace and security.

I my self have been fooled before. So now I follow with interess... but I dont make a fuzz about it.

If Jehovah wants... Only if he wants.

56 minutes ago, Dages said:

The troubles in Russia tonight makes me wonder if the end of the KotN isn't coming from inside the KotN

No. 44 “But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction.  daniel 11:44 -45 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Is there something changing among the russian military forces? Is Putin losing suport?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-mercenary-boss-says-moscows-war-ukraine-based-lies-2023-06-23/

Is this a calling for a riot in Russia? Putin ´s regime is being at stake... ? 

I wish this war to end asap. Tired of this.... so tired.

Following...

Im also tired and lack of motivation sometimes but i can still manage to go to meetings regularly. 

However, in my country lots of bro and sis are being baptized every assembly so the patience of Jehovah means salvation to many. 

20 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Im also tired and lack of motivation sometimes but i can still manage to go to meetings regularly. 

However, in my country lots of bro and sis are being baptized every assembly so the patience of Jehovah means salvation to many. 

In 2 months, 2023 Service Year will end. The report on this will come out in January 2024. Just have to wait and see how many came in and how much of preaching work was done too.