JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

6 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

that a lot of my outside plants have been putting on new growth right through Winter

Yes. Here in Portugal as well.

my trees are full of fruit and … blooming again :facepalmpo2:

I think it’s because of celestial phenomena 

About the moon. Moon influences Earth in so many ways. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

17 hours ago, trottigy said:

I sure hope you all are correct. I can't help feeling that we are still close to a decade away.

I agree with this IF the United States makes it through the 2024 election year.  I'm expecting things to get very "spicy" in the US considering the extreme political tensions.

As we know, the Anglo-American world power is the last superpower, so if it gets bad enough to the point that the US might lose its status as superpower, there may be that false declaration of "peace & security" to try to distract or re-unite people before they turn on religion, probably due to the "extreme white evangelicals" that are causing the issues.

If it doesn't come next year, then we probably need to exercise patience, as we have recently learned.  😉

36 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

As we know, the Anglo-American world power is the last superpower

🤔 What about the eighth king?

Rev 17:11 "And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction"

I'm watching the UN like a hawk 👀

1 hour ago, Frances Bennett said:

🤔 E o oitavo rei?

Ap 17:11 "E a besta que era, mas não é, também é um oitavo rei, mas brota dos sete, e vai para a destruição"

Estou observando a ONU como um falcão 👀

The Anglo-American power is the final part of the body of the statue of Daniel, together with the clay, the UN will not become a world power after those who are present, all together will be destroyed at Armageddon

6 hours ago, Loyal said:

STUDY ARTICLE 29

Are You Ready for the Great Tribulation?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-july-2023/Are-You-Ready-for-the-Great-Tribulation/

Studied during the week of September 11-17, 2023.

Love this!

2023480_univ_cnt_4_xl.jpg

I guess thee is a reason we have an ENTIRE convention on being PATIENT!!  :wave:

We are more likely to endure the future great tribulation if we endure trials today. (Rom. 5:3) Why can we say that? Many brothers have found that each test of faith that they endured helped them withstand the next challenge. Endurance  refined them, strengthening their faith that Jehovah is ready and willing to help. Faith, in turn, helped them endure the next trial. (Read James 1:2-4.)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

🤔 What about the eighth king?

Rev 17:11 "And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction"

I'm watching the UN like a hawk 👀

This organization is called “an eighth king.” But it is not a world power. Its strength and influence depend on the political powers that support it. The Bible symbolically refers to those powers as “ten kings.”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022480

That made it clear to me. It doesn't suddenly start to rule over all the other kingdoms, instead THEY give IT authority to go after BtG (limited power and authority to do the "10 kings" bidding)

EDIT - great picture from that article (here is a link):

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

11 minutes ago, Dages said:

Ok, let's see the GT start early october

Would it be selfish of me to say, "Hey!  I just got my 5-year-rv recently turned bible study to show up at a meeting.  A little more time here!"🙃😜  He always gave me excuses.  But my wife asks him one time....

13 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Would it be selfish of me to say, "Hey!  I just got my 5-year-rv recently turned bible study to show up at a meeting.  A little more time here!"🙃😜  He always gave me excuses.  But my wife asks him one time....

And here it is :D 

While some are praying for his day to come asap, many are asking for a little bit more time. :D 
Jehovah is patient too :D 

Edited by Dages

Only last week I understood finaly the meaning of this part of the picture.

Part of The feet represent the last power before Armagedom

the Anglo American power 

behind in the shade there s the United Nations security council where USA and Uk used to use some of their influence and power upon the nations.

As we all have seen lately, UN has lost most of its power mainly due to veto power from the Russian federation 

Therefore Anglo American power has used its influence instead through the G7 and NATO which is depicted here in front with brighter light and colors and its flags.

In my opinion this is amazing from GB to show us!

IMG_2991.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Since most of the times we see major prophecies being fulfilled suddenly and in unexpected ways, I have a feeling that the UN will get all of it's teeth one day, and the US will be giving it the green light to take over, and we'll be saying, "HOW??  WHEN??  I did not see that coming!"

Edited by coolbrz731

10 hours ago, Loyal said:

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

Devastating Floods

What does the Bible say?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/devastating-floods-bible-prophecy/

Sad to say, people are blind to see things like these unless if it happens to them then they cry for their gods. 

8 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

But we dont know how much time left. People should not slack. The truth is a protection. I have received temptations from worldly guys and immature brothers. Spiritual discernment is a protection . and discernment takes time to develop

Faith and relationship to Jehovah takes time too. 

17 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Am I too selfish to say that I want the new world as soon as possible? 

I hate this evil  system each day.  

We can still make disciples and teach in paradise, can't we? 

Jenny, many of us ask the same question. I know I do. There's nothing redeeming, nothing helpful. I find I just don't look at the awfulness, I focus on what my job is...offering Bible studies, teaching, talking about Jehovah and ignore the rest. We cannot fix anything, we cannot solve anything. So just leave anything that bothers us, Jehovah HAS this. He really is in control. There is NOTHING he can't undo. I know you know this.

Being overly concerned means we're trying to solve problems, not being overly concerned means we trust that Jehovah knows and will fix it. Trust THAT. 

🧡🧡🧡

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Jenny, many of us ask the same question. I know I do. There's nothing redeeming, nothing helpful. I find I just don't look at the awfulness, I focus on what my job is...offering Bible studies, teaching, talking about Jehovah and ignore the rest. We cannot fix anything, we cannot solve anything. So just leave anything that bothers us, Jehovah HAS this. He really is in control. There is NOTHING he can't undo. I know you know this.

Being overly concerned means we're trying to solve problems, not being overly concerned means we trust that Jehovah knows and will fix it. Trust THAT. 

🧡🧡🧡

Ok. This is just temporary compares to forever. 

We will go to a funeral today. 

Every month I go to funeral to comfort people.  I dont like people dying. 

Even animals death. In paradise, I will research right away on how to extend animals' life. 

10 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Ok. This is just temporary compares to forever. 

We will go to a funeral today. 

Every month I go to funeral to comfort people.  I dont like people dying. 

Even animals death. In paradise, I will research right away on how to extend animals' life. 

I do not think you need to do research how to extend animals life when everything will be perfect in a way of living.

It is also interesting what is happening in Niger. Several countries in Africa dont want to be under France’s government. They are turning to Russia because they are tired of France only taking their resources and leaving them with poverty. The former French colonies are the poorest countries in Africa they say. Niger produces uranium for France and now France is afraid that the coup they had in Niger will make them loose this and that more countries will follow and turn to Russia instead. 
In Daniel 11: 43 it says that libyans and ethiopians Will follow the king of the North. I looked up libyans and ethiopians on WOL, and in the Bible that can mean not just specifically people from those countries but also africans from the areas around those countries. 
I just think it is so interesting to see the prophesies get fulfilled in front of our eyes. 

This article talks about how Russia is trying to get partners in Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya and other African countries to get different advanteges. 
https://africacenter.org/spotlight/lavrovs-trip-to-africa-posture-over-substance-when-posture-matters-most/

This really shows how close we are. Daniel 11:44-45 is soon here. And then: Daniel 12:1

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

Only last week I understood finaly the meaning of this part of the picture.

Part of The feet represent the last power before Armagedom

the Anglo American power 

behind in the shade there s the United Nations security council where USA and Uk used to use some of their influence and power upon the nations.

As we all have seen lately, UN has lost most of its power mainly due to veto power from the Russian federation 

Therefore Anglo American power has used its influence instead through the G7 and NATO which is depicted here in front with brighter light and colors and its flags.

In my opinion this is amazing from GB to show us!

IMG_2991.jpeg

Left to right:

EU

Canada

Japan

USA

Italy

UN

Germany

UK

France

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I focus on what my job is...offering Bible studies, teaching, talking about Jehovah and ignore the rest

That's a really commendable things we should all do.....

Actually we didn't ignore the wickedness and the awfulness of this poor worldly system as what worldly people says about us (we ignored it according to them)

We're not actually ignoring it,

we actually seeing it, and we do something about it that is different from the worldly views of "doing something" to make change....

We offer Bible studies, we preach and teach them about Jehovah as what you said... because we know that the "rest" of awful things we see in this world will be permanently removed only by the means of God's Kingdom.... And that's the way we do things because we didn't ignored all this things that we are now seeing in this wicked system..

We know the only solution so we act based on what we know about it... but we didn't solve it based on our capacity and knowledge because we really can't... that's why, on the other hand, we just ignored the rest of it and we focused on those important things...

Edited by jrnievas

22 minutes ago, Doug said:

Left to right:

EU

Canada

Japan

USA

Italy

UN

Germany

UK

France

UN ? Or NATO? 🤔