JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 8/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, vern said:

Just saw a video of a South American leader saying they are willing o give up some governmental rights to help the UN with its climate change agenda as all governments of the world have to make concessions for the climate change rules to work.

I .m not a climate change believer but whatever... Thats their thinking.

We had this discussion in service over the weekend. Recent articles on JW.org have said that extremes weather is part of the sign of the times. I try not to read between the lines. I look forward to the new system where we will not have these extremes. One thought that always baffles me when it comes to global warming is the thought of where the water come from for the flood. With evidence of a water canopy and the animals found as if they were instantly frozen, goes along with the flood effects on the earth. 

Chinese-owned Evergrande is the world's most heavily indebted property developer.  Evergrande has filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in a Manhattan court.

Chapter 15 shields non-US companies that are restructuring debt, from creditors that hope to sue them or tie-up assets in the United States.

Evergrande reports $330 billion of liabilities.  A late 2021 default on payments triggered a string of defaults at other builders , resulting in thousands of unfinished homes across China.

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Evergrande reports $330 billion of liabilities.  A late 2021 default on payments triggered a string of defaults at other builders , resulting in thousands of unfinished homes across China.

And "creating" more unemployment. More headaches to create new jobs for those people. Dozens of Chinese developers have defaulted on their debts since Evergrande’s collapse.https://www.ft.com/content/0ca833a8-df28-4e28-b313-611c5bb2e500

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 hours ago, JennyM said:

Netherland enters recession.

True. They say a "mild" recession. Things became expensive. A simple Big Mac cost 5,95 Euro. In the Philippines you pay about half of the price for a complete Big Mac menu.

Since a bit more than a month we have the plastic tax, and they plan on the sugar tax on drinks. It seems the already expensive trains become with 5,50 euro more expensive while we pay already tax over using the railtracks...lol. About 70% of the petrol price per liter is tax.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

And "creating" more unemployment. More headaches to create new jobs for those people. Dozens of Chinese developers have defaulted on their debts since Evergrande’s collapse.https://www.ft.com/content/0ca833a8-df28-4e28-b313-611c5bb2e500

We have been prepared in advance prior to these coming economic crisis. Its slowly going down the drain. 

@IceBreeze big mac is not really big mac here. 

In california couple years back price of gas got to cheap so california taxed it just for fun.  They said they can afford it....

Shakes head.

California had a surplus of tax money then suddenly they were in defecit again....

Garantee a lot of this is man planned.

Regardless it fullfills prophecy and proves its not the creators fault.

1 hour ago, vern said:

In california couple years back price of gas got to cheap so california taxed it just for fun.  They said they can afford it....

Shakes head.

California had a surplus of tax money then suddenly they were in defecit again....

Garantee a lot of this is man planned.

Regardless it fullfills prophecy and proves its not the creators fault.

I don't know if this is the time frame, but I remember putting $5 in for gassing up my 1969 VW Bug in Compton, CA(it was considered a classic at the time.  I'm not that old), and getting annoyed that it all didn't fit, and I'd have to go back into the gas station and stand in line to get my change. 

18 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I don't know if this is the time frame, but I remember putting $5 in for gassing up my 1969 VW Bug in Compton, CA(it was considered a classic at the time.  I'm not that old),

My husband bought me the new VW bug when I started pioneering in 1979.

I Am that old  lol

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, dove said:

I Am that old  lol

We had a 1972 Datsun 1200 (B110) when my wife started pioneering in 1979. That was a small car!

It was our "Armageddon" car at the time...🤣

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We had 6 children at the time and they all fit in the car because they were close in age. When we would go somewhere and they all piled out, it was like a commercial common at the time advertising the VW bug 🙃

Edited by dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We had a 1972 Datsun 1200 (B110) when my wife started pioneering in 1979. That was a small car!

There wasn't very much Peace and Security in a car that small. It was a 2 door coupe so it was a Great Tribulation getting in and out of the back seat of our Armageddon car.🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

There wasn't very much Peace and Security in a car that small. It was a 2 door coupe so it was a Great Tribulation getting in and out of the back seat of our Armageddon car.🤣

Seems you survived the Great Tribulation. 😜

Edited by MullumMiss

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Oh! My father bought us a 1200 Datsun dark blue color with a white stripe along side 😁 in the 70’s 

small but compact 😁

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, dove said:

I Am that old  lol

Nice to hear from someone that young that had a new VW in 1979.

My my wife's parents gave her/us a new 1959 VW for a wedding present, sold it with 144000 miles on the speedo, untold miles with dead speedo due to our salt climate.

Loved that car, five adults with legroom for all.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Your comments about cars sounds funny. I am a jw in early 2000. How does it feel to have waited that long?

I hate this present system each day. The only lifeline that I have are meetings and spiritual goals. If I were not a jw, I most likely will be a political activist. 

Getting old ang having a weaker body each day must be challenging. 

But I keep on trying to count my blessing. 

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Oh! My father bought us a 1200 Datsun dark blue color with a white stripe along side 😁 in the 70’s 

small but compact 😁

Ours was the color of mustard, so we called it our mustard seed..🤣

10 hours ago, dove said:

I Am that old  lol

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

small but compact 😁

Disco music drove them to buy these cars. Blame it on Disco music!!!

Edited by Dustparticle

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

Your comments about cars sounds funny. I am a jw in early 2000. How does it feel to have waited that long?

I hate this present system each day. The only lifeline that I have are meetings and spiritual goals. If I were not a jw, I most likely will be a political activist. 

Jenny, Our convention will strengthen your resolve to wait, and endure patiently.  

There is gift from Jehovah coming your way....☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

18 hours ago, JennyM said:

@IceBreeze big mac is not really big mac here. 

It is more like a ways to expensive slice of rubber with mayonese?

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

We all look forward to the new system @JennyM. However, this comes at Jehovah's time and not when we wish this to happen. It is understandable that you look forward to better circumstances. When my Mom became baptized in 1979 we had already talks with serious warnings about the time we were living in. When I got baptized in 1986 we had serious talks about the time we were living in. While time goes by you can see that things get worse. Like the Bible says, people go from bad to worse. Now we are in a much more crazy world in 2023.

That it is upsetting you is not strange, no one likes this system apart from 1. At the end it does not help to feel anger or hate towards this system because it is like what the Bible says it does not add a day to your life.

The best thing is to keep trying to do your best, do what you can do, not what you can't do! That is all Jehovah wants of us! Chin up!

Keep smiling, Jehovah loves you. 🙂

I spoke to a young taxi driver today. and hes curious and asked why we do our cart witnessing. I said the end is coming and he agreed that it will end. 

Hes early 20s and he sounds so mature. I hope that hes going to be a witness someday. Im happy. 

I hope theres more people like him to become a witness. I think I need to step up my ministry instead of getting angry of this system. 

7 minutes ago, JennyM said:

...I think I need to step up my ministry instead of getting angry of this system...

That's positive vibes! lol Everything is about vibes these days. Few years ago it was all about being cool. 🙂