JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, mjcabz said:

refers the effect of hail stone preaching that's why it turns its head with the news

The issue is… that after AM we know now what type of hailstone message we will be preaching … it doesn’t look like something that sets up KOTN in rage.

Besides: KOTN has already done his part persecuting JWs with rage ever since 2017 speacially imprisoning even older people for years. Performing night violent raids into our brothers homes etc.

somehow it seems that Dan.11:44-45 May have a different fullfillment 

But we must wait for GB explaining 

After being fullfilled we all know!

Before … it’s only speculation 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

KOTN won't be "defeated" until Armageddon

Destroyed you mean. Ok 👍 

but…

KOTN has faced at least 2 defeats in a century (WW-1 and WW-2)

if the KOTS is the main dominant global power by Armagedom I foresee another KOTN defeat before peace and security announcement 🤷‍♀️

Why not?

Speculation .... I'm not for it. We can look at the signs, in the place of the time line. 

We might look back and say, well certainly those wars were part of the sign, just like the world wars and the cold wars were, as well as the terrorist attacks changed the world.

1914, 1940-45, 1986, 1989, 1991, 2001 etc. where world views changed. But we don't know yet.

The text of todays daytext, shows us what to do

Happy are all those keeping in expectation of him.—Isa. 30:18.
Soon our heavenly Father will bless us richly by means of his Kingdom. Those who keep in expectation of Jehovah will receive many blessings both now and in the new world to come. When God’s people enter into the new world, they will never again have to endure the anxieties and the challenges that they must face today. Injustice will be gone, and pain will be no more. (Rev. 21:4) We will not have to wait anxiously for what we need because there will be an abundance. (Ps. 72:16; Isa. 54:13) What a blessing that will be! In the meantime, with every bad habit we conquer and every godly quality we develop, Jehovah is preparing us for life under his rulership. Do not lose heart, and do not give up. The best is yet to come! With a bright future ahead of us, may we continue to wait willingly and patiently on Jehovah as he completes his work! w21.08 13 ¶17-19

And what might happen, or might not happen, where and where not... It doesn't help us focus on the above.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

12 hours ago, Ysaias said:

Daniel 11:45 And he will plant his royal* tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration;*+ and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.

image.png.88ff82c6827e41085fed0f32e59172f1.png

This situation reminds me this:

(Matthew 24:15) 15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment),
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=40024015&srcid=share

this is the exact place where Cestius Gallus has pitched his tents before attacking Jerusalem 

take a look at this chart taken from Josephus website:

IMG_8190.png

As I see it, it’s very similar 

ok you say: but Israel these days is not a holy place for Jehovah 

but back in 66EC neither was Jerusalem 

we must keep on the watch yes 

But…

if GB finds the need to explain these verses differently Jehovah will say so AT THE RIGHT time.

Its interesting that the Christians have discerned quite well this sign back in 66EC AFTER Cestius pulled off into the sea direction.

11 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

We are all here like watching a thrilling tv series, at the end of the episode it says "to be continued". We will wait for the next weeks episode.

Full of cliffhangers 🤣

1 minute ago, vern said:

< one that has read many of the brothers explanations of the book of Daniel- nothing is written in stone till its fulfilled.

Except the 10 commandments and Moses was the only man to break all 10 at the same time...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

if the KOTS is the main dominant global power by Armagedom I foresee another KOTN defeat before peace and security announcement 🤷‍♀️

Why not?

The KOTS is and will be the main dominant global power by Armagedom because it has the global militar, economic, politic, and social impact, either by hard or soft politics, and will not be defeated.

But it does not have to be a zero sum game. KOTS will be still the winner but both kings will also be undefeated by humans.

Nothing in Daniel 11:39-43 suggest a defeat by the KOTN, and it even may suggest a upper hand by the KOTN.

KOTN will only know defeat in Daniel 12:1

Remember that there were no chapters or verses when Daniel wrote this words, so you need to read it in that context.

Besides 11:43 is already fulfilled  so there is not much time for any defeat.

Or, we need both new KOTN and KOTS to be named and delay GT by a couple of decades.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

17 minutes ago, Paulo said:

The KOTS is and will be the main dominant global power by Armagedom because it has the global militar, economic, politic, and social impact, either by hard or soft politics, and will not be defeated.

But it does not have to be a zero sum game. KOTS will be still the winner but both kings will also be undefeated by humans.

Nothing in Daniel 11:39-43 suggest a defeat by the KOTN, and it even may suggest a upper hand by the KOTN.

Remember that there were no chapters or verses when Daniel wrote this words, so you need to read it in that context.

Or, we need both new KOTN and KOTS to be named and delay GT by a couple of decades.

No, we don't need no delay.

What do we want? Great Tribulation!

When do we want it? NOW!

Edited by truce

4 hours ago, Paulo said:

Parts of the KOTS and KOTN will meet next week. They and others have no insight of the scriptures that they suppose to clash in the last days.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/politics/biden-xi-meeting-china-us-relations/index.html

10 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Parts of the KOTS and KOTN will meet next week. They and others have no insight of the scriptures that they suppose to clash in the last days.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/politics/biden-xi-meeting-china-us-relations/index.html

peace and security is on the table. what we are waiting is the declaration. 

5 hours ago, truce said:

No, we don't need no delay.

What do we want? Great Tribulation!

When do we want it? NOW!

Love this topic but I am lazy to write it down here. Why not try to figure out how NATO, UN and European Nations (of course US and Russia are main actors) might also play the actors of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation. From these, we can get a clearer picture and almost seeing the reality of what we are waiting for... By the way, I started giving much attention on this subject since 2007 and now in Jehovah's love things become clearer. 

6 hours ago, JennyM said:

peace and security is on the table. what we are waiting is the declaration. 

Its a move in that direction (PS) but is it earth shuttering?

“Right now, neither the United States nor China are entering the meeting between President Biden and President Xi expecting to significantly improve or reset the relationship,” said Bonny Lin, director of the China Power Project and senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “Rather, the meeting will be about managing and stabilizing the bilateral relationship, improving communication, and reducing misunderstandings before they occur.”

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Last week there was Australian meeting with China as well. (after few years of trade turmoil) 

BEIJING/SYDNEY, Nov 7 (Reuters) - Australia's Prime Minister Anthony Albanese met Chinese Premier Li Qiang in Beijing on Tuesday, restarting an annual leaders' dialogue that Albanese said will continue as relations between the trading partners stabilised.

Albanese is in China on the first visit by an Australian leader in seven years, after a diplomatic dispute had put a halt to once-annual meetings of leaders.

President Xi Jinping said on Monday stable ties between China and Australia served each other's interests and both should expand cooperation, sending a clear signal that China was ready to move on from recent tensions. China has lifted trade blocks on most Australian exports imposed in 2020 in the wake of Australia's call for an international investigation into the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/china-australia-restart-annual-meetings-trade-resumes-2023-11-07/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Personally, I've given up trying to guess how the cry will happen.  Every time I think I see a pattern or a way forward, another monkey wrench gets thrown in the works.  I thought it could be the defeat of terrorism.  Then China started acting up with Taiwan.  Then Russia attacked Ukraine.  Then the skirmishes spread.  Then even NATO had Turkey and Greece threatening each other.  Satan keeps throwing monkey wrenches into the works.  I've always envisioned Jehovah acting when the countdown clock hits zero and instantly undoing all of the monkey wrenches Satan has put into his system and causing the cry of peace and security to happen in a way that none of us saw coming.  

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

Expect the unexpected 😂

I would love the feeling when GT unexpectedly begun, and I was busy in the ministry. Great feeling to take to a New World. 
Being active spreading good news is my primary goal while awaiting for GT  to come as a thief. 

Unusual signs in the sky are foreseen for 2024: Solar activity is expected to strengthen in 2024, which could activate more frequent displays of the aurora borealis, or the northern lights

Scientists predicted at the start of cycle 25 that that solar activity would be relatively weak, similar to solar cycle 24. But an updated forecast shows the solar maximum, or peak activity, for the current cycle being reached sooner, from January to October 2024, and being much stronger than what was initially forecast.

we are seeing red and green Auroras in Portugal 😳

Source:

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/09/1211595597/northern-lights-aurora-borealis-2024

2 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Personally, I've given up trying to guess how the cry will happen.  Every time I think I see a pattern or a way forward, another monkey wrench gets thrown in the works.  I thought it could be the defeat of terrorism.  Then China started acting up with Taiwan.  Then Russia attacked Ukraine.  Then the skirmishes spread.  Then even NATO had Turkey and Greece threatening each other.  Satan keeps throwing monkey wrenches into the works.  I've always envisioned Jehovah acting when the countdown clock hits zero and instantly undoing all of the monkey wrenches Satan has put into his system and causing the cry of peace and security to happen in a way that none of us saw coming.  

The question for the 1 Thes 5:1-3 is who are the actors to cry out this pronouncement? It is logical to think that the destroyer of false religions are also the haters of those promoting the chaos. UN will just receive an authority from the ten horns who are powerful, haters of all religions and control the whole worlds. 

Currently, wars are provoked by religious backgrounds and people shouting around the globe to stop this madness. Some of these people are clerics, leaders and adherents. From this scenario, things are getting ready to react from Jehovah's due time that is so soon. 

42 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Unusual signs in the sky are foreseen for 2024: Solar activity is expected to strengthen in 2024, which could activate more frequent displays of the aurora borealis, or the northern lights

Scientists predicted at the start of cycle 25 that that solar activity would be relatively weak, similar to solar cycle 24. But an updated forecast shows the solar maximum, or peak activity, for the current cycle being reached sooner, from January to October 2024, and being much stronger than what was initially forecast.

we are seeing red and green Auroras in Portugal 😳

Source:

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/09/1211595597/northern-lights-aurora-borealis-2024

These signs does not compare with Matthew 24:30