JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religion in the news

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 656 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

They're imploding. Good, disunity for Satan's system is fine with me.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, jps said:

hm,

seems like babylon the (not so) great dissolves itself not leaving much for the angels to destroy..

Not really, Babylon is the mother of harlots and she's bred many of them. They're also all on the broad road leading to destruction where people can choose any sort of lifestyle from strict to loose so long as it's not in line with Jehovah's way. 

More religious news. Their stuff is just non-stop. 

"Violating Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem means a regional, religious war,” he said.

"Whoever makes the decision to allow this photo to be repeated, the violation of Al-Aqsa — he has decided to allow the violation of thousands of synagogues all across the world,” Sinwar said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/sinwar-warns-israel-hamas-wont-hesitate-to-take-any-steps-if-al-aqsa-is-violated/

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/if-you-feel-like-the-world-is-ending-you-are-not-alone-1.4855830

It is no surprise then that the Rapture Index – yes, there is such a thing, measuring “end-of-time activity” – has hit 188. This, according to its evangelical Christian creators, is “fasten-your-seatbelts” territory, and just one point off an all-time-high reading from October 2016

Then this part was interesting….

Wolfe is one of a number of leading theologians and metaphysicians who are gathering in Maynooth this week to debate the future of Christian thinking at a three-day conference.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

13 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

It is no surprise then that the Rapture Index – yes, there is such a thing, measuring “end-of-time activity” – has hit 188. This, according to its evangelical Christian creators, is “fasten-your-seatbelts” territory, and just one point off an all-time-high reading from October 2016

FWIW, just a heads-up that it's due to go up +1 tomorrow (2 May 2022) to 189, so it appears it will then match their all-time-high reading from October 2016....

I won't link to their website though.... and their Twitter has an "Account suspended" notice displayed.... 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Religious zealots continue to add nails to Babylon-the-not-so-Great's coffin.

https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/05/14/police-investigating-college-student-stoned-to-death-tributes-paid-to-young-woman/

903680273_ScreenShot2022-05-15at7_45_09AM.png.da249c0e9b004c0f10505576ef207d24.png

Satanic. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Religious zealots continue to add nails to Babylon-the-not-so-Great's coffin.

https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/05/14/police-investigating-college-student-stoned-to-death-tributes-paid-to-young-woman/

Babylon will continue to view herself as a Queen who'll never know mourning and can do what she wants until the end.

Just now, Hugh O'D said:

Babylon will continue to view herself as a Queen who'll never know mourning and can do what she wants until the end.

leonardo dicaprio GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This is interesting: 

Banning political abuses of religion: Rabat Declaration shows international support for United Nations treaty is growing – Struan Stevenson

As the war in Ukraine rages on, delegates from more than 30 countries gathered in Rabat, the capital city of Morocco, to discuss how to introduce standards to ban the political use of religions and make the world a safer and more peaceful place.

Source: https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/banning-political-abuses-of-religion-rabat-declaration-shows-international-support-for-united-nations-treaty-is-growing-struan-stevenson-3702450

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

This is interesting: 

Banning political abuses of religion: Rabat Declaration shows international support for United Nations treaty is growing – Struan Stevenson

As the war in Ukraine rages on, delegates from more than 30 countries gathered in Rabat, the capital city of Morocco, to discuss how to introduce standards to ban the political use of religions and make the world a safer and more peaceful place.

Source: https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/banning-political-abuses-of-religion-rabat-declaration-shows-international-support-for-united-nations-treaty-is-growing-struan-stevenson-3702450

We will know if non of this worked when JW's are still not legally registered in Morocco within the next several years 👀

On 5/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, Sofia said:

This is interesting: 

I came on to post exactly this but then saw you did.

What do you make of it? I noticed a lot of key words "right time" "why didn't we see it before" "root cause" "answer" and many others that had my eyes wide.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

12 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I came on to post exactly this but then saw you did.

What do you make of it? I noticed a lot of key words "right time" "why didn't we see it before" "root cause" "answer" and many others that had my eyes wide.

This subject has been going for a few years ... As far as I see that DRAFT isnt still scheduled to be presented at UN. 

Basically, all is still in the same as always :facepalmpo2:

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 1 month later...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/united-nations-has-no-power-pope-francis-says

The Pope basically saying the UN has no teeth.  
I guess the fangs will catch him by surprise!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”