JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Apple is discontinuing the iPod Touch, the last iPod ever, will sell them only 'while supplies last'

It's finally time to say goodbye to the iPod.

Apple plans to discontinue the iPod Touch, marking the end of an era for the iconic musical device launched more than 20 years ago.

The tech giant will continue to sell the iPod Touch "while supplies last" on the Apple website, at Apple storesSUP and through authorized resellers, the company said in a statement Tuesday. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2022/05/10/ipod-touch-discontinued-apple/9718665002/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

I impulse bought one this week.

I bought one yesterday, to be delivered today. 

1 hour ago, Hope said:

I have never owned an iPod (nor any Apple product). Should I get one before they become extinct? 🤔 😃

Do you listen to music often?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Do you listen to music often?

I listen to music constantly and everywhere. I don't like Apple products so when iPods came out, I bought a 30g Zen mp3 player by Creative. It was brilliant.  My son had iPods and cursed his days of ticky iTunes issues regularly. 🤪

Now I enjoy Spotify 😉 

I also have a iRiver T60 2GB. I use this to record the conventions via FM, as it uses AAA batteries which you can remove.

It uses one lithium battery per day in recording, as it chews through alkaline batteries in one session when you record.

However, as for playback it uses very little battery power and get about 30hrs out of a alkaline, or 100hrs out of a lithium when I had used them for recoding beforehand.

15 hours ago, Hope said:

I listen to music constantly and everywhere. I don't like Apple products so when iPods came out, I bought a 30g Zen mp3 player by Creative. It was brilliant.  My son had iPods and cursed his days of ticky iTunes issues regularly. 🤪

Now I enjoy Spotify 😉 

So there is your answer, just stick to what you like and prefer. 
I was transferring ripped mp3’s from my CD collection to iPod yesterday, and iTunes did not cause any issues 

Also my Q45 Bose headphones performed nicely via Bluetooth. 
In the past I used iPod classic, which I enjoyed it but got stolen. I do not regret buying iPod touch, however they are bit too expensive in my opinion. I paid $299 Aussie dollars for 32gb version, and if you account for software space you only get 20Gb? That’s enough for my needs but hey, price is up there…so when it comes to affordability there is not much value. 

This was something I was concerned about. I bought a little iPod touch, years ago. I tried to check and see how many. Gigabytes it has. Pitifully few. But it suits me. And, I listen to music a lot. The thing this has that makes it wonderful is it has an app that keeps up with the latest 3 WT’s. And they are in audio. 
I checked to see if I want to buy a new one. I don’t think so, and, it is because of that WT app.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

26 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

This was something I was concerned about. I bought a little iPod touch, years ago. I tried to check and see how many. Gigabytes it has. Pitifully few. But it suits me. And, I listen to music a lot. The thing this has that makes it wonderful is it has an app that keeps up with the latest 3 WT’s. And they are in audio. 
I checked to see if I want to buy a new one. I don’t think so, and, it is because of that WT app.

I just download whatever I need from jw.org and create playlist in iTunes, and drag it there...easy.

There was a time we did not all have "smart phones" with gigabytes of storage.  The Ipod had the storage, some had menu screens, and reasonable play-back quality.  And they did all that without a phone connection and while I was trying to figure out what a "text message" was...😀

I prefer to use iPod because my phone is a business phone, and as such I take a lot of work related  videos and photos. (Need storage) 

Also I need to preserve phone battery life otherwise constant charging will be a nuisance for me. 
My phone is not designated for “pleasure use” 

iPod is ideal for my needs …love it. 
I have created few playlists already and happy so far.

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I prefer to use iPod because my phone is a business phone, and as such I take a lot of work related  videos and photos. (Need storage) 

Also I need to preserve phone battery life otherwise constant charging will be a nuisance for me. 
My phone is not designated for “pleasure use” 

iPod is ideal for my needs …love it. 
I have created few playlists already and happy so far.

Thats why i like it, but the iPod screen is small so now I have a iPhone and iPad, extra battery life. One brother i was talking to doesn't use his iPad anymore he just uses his iPhone Pro max, But i prefer using 2 devices for a bigger screen and more battery life.

I had the iPod 4th Gen than the iPad mini 3 and now i have a iPad Air 4th gen.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, jwhess said:

I used to use an Ipod Shuffle (4th gen) to play all the Kingdom Songs and Original Songs through the audio system in my vehicle.  My little green Ipod was about 1 1/2 inches square and had a spring clip to hold it on my dash vent.  Great times...❤️

ipod.PNG

Haha and before this was the original shuffle stick with no screen at all. Just the buttons. Amazing how far the tech has come