JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Well it finally caught up with me...

"On the results of two different positive test results every matter may be established" - Bob 18:16

positive.jpg

I was at a LARGE gathering Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that was probably a super-spreader event. Symptoms started Monday night and those test results are from Tuesday morning.

So far, it feels just like any other cold, and I have had colds worse than this. No doubt that is because I was smart and kept up to date with my vaccines (2 Pfizers last year and a Moderna booster in November). 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

You will be ok, just rest a lot as Covid is known to sap a lot of energy.

Drink a lot of lemon and honey water to flush the body, (helped me a lot) 

I would drop of some lemons, but not sure if the will allow it on the plane LOL 🤪

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Brother_Bliss said:

was at a LARGE gathering Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that was probably a super-spreader event

"That is why, just as through one man Covid entered into the gathering and sickness through Covid, and so sickness spread to all men because they had all gathered" Romanish 5:12 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

You will be ok, just rest a lot as Covid is known to sap a lot of energy.

Rest hasn't been forthcoming yet. The kids have it too but the wife does not. So the kids have stayed in their upstairs bedrooms and I have been hanging out outside. But at night I sleep on the couch so the wife can have the bed and it is NOT comfortable, lol. I slept 3am-7am the day before last, and then 2:30am-5:15am last night and then managed to fall back asleep from 6:45am-9:30am. 

I know a good sleep would help me kick this a day or two sooner.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Rest hasn't been forthcoming yet. The kids have it too but the wife does not. So the kids have stayed in their upstairs bedrooms and I have been hanging out outside. But at night I sleep on the couch so the wife can have the bed and it is NOT comfortable, lol. I slept 3am-7am the day before last, and then 2:30am-5:15am last night and then managed to fall back asleep from 6:45am-9:30am. 

I know a good sleep would help me kick this a day or two sooner.

Why doesn't your wife sleep on the couch so you can rest properly in bed?

Just now, Hope said:

Why doesn't your wife sleep on the couch so you can rest properly in bed?

I'm being nice. She goes to bed at 8pm or 9pm and gets up shortly after 4am to be at work at 5am. I don't have to work this week. 

But believe me, when I woke up at 5:15am this morning and saw she was gone, I dived into that bed and turned off all my morning alarms, lol. 

Today is day 5 and I am still positive. :(

The kids are symptom free and testing negative now. I am assuming they had it first and I got it afterwards. So far it has gone like this....

Monday: Sore all over but I though it was because I stood in the hot sun for 3 days at the festival. Started sneezing but I sneeze all the time anyway. Monday is when the boy said he thought he might have picked something up. Monday night my nose started randomly "leaking" which I thought was weird.

Tuesday: Woke up, had nose leakage and sneezing again so I decided to test. We all tested positive. The rest of the day wasn't so bad.

Wednesday: Nose would truly plug up and I would blow it out often.

Thursday: Still having to blow nose. And now mucus is forming in my throat giving me the urge to cough. I coughed so violently trying to expel mucus that my throat was raw and my voice effected.

Friday: An improvement over Thursday. No need to blow the nose but I am still occasionally coughing up yuck. Voice is shot and unrecognizable.

Today: I finally got a good nights sleep. An imrovement over Thursday. Voice is getting better. Occasionally doing a slight cough to clear my throat, but not the nasty hacking I had been doing the last 2 days. Still testing positive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

Today is day 5 and I am still positive. :(

The kids are symptom free and testing negative now. I am assuming they had it first and I got it afterwards. So far it has gone like this....

Monday: Sore all over but I though it was because I stood in the hot sun for 3 days at the festival. Started sneezing but I sneeze all the time anyway. Monday is when the boy said he thought he might have picked something up. Monday night my nose started randomly "leaking" which I thought was weird.

Tuesday: Woke up, had nose leakage and sneezing again so I decided to test. We all tested positive. The rest of the day wasn't so bad.

Wednesday: Nose would truly plug up and I would blow it out often.

Thursday: Still having to blow nose. And now mucus is forming in my throat giving me the urge to cough. I coughed so violently trying to expel mucus that my throat was raw and my voice effected.

Friday: An improvement over Thursday. No need to blow the nose but I am still occasionally coughing up yuck. Voice is shot and unrecognizable.

Today: I finally got a good nights sleep. An imrovement over Thursday. Voice is getting better. Occasionally doing a slight cough to clear my throat, but not the nasty hacking I had been doing the last 2 days. Still testing positive.

And to round this out, Sunday (either day 6 or day 7), nose is clear, but still have to clear my throat occasionally. Voice is almost completely back. 

We still had the baptism at my house. Everyone wore masks and kept their distance as it was outside.

The clearing of the throat continued for another week even though I felt fine. Took a while for my singing voice to return also. I'm not sure what this means but even though the illness ran less than a week, it took an additional week to return to 100%