JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom (video tutorial) For New Users

1 hour ago, Dantheman136 said:

Brothers. I'm reading all the time that Zoom (pro) canot be linked to khconf. How is this done. Also, how can someone phone in and listen to the meeting with zoom? 

Use two mics at the Kingdom Hall.

One connected to a laptop using zoom, mic connected to the podium next to the KH mic.

Both mics are hot (turned on)

Now people can zoom or use KHCONF.

Disclaimer:  Follow local BOE instructions

On 3/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, Dantheman136 said:

Brothers. I'm reading all the time that Zoom (pro) canot be linked to khconf. How is this done. Also, how can someone phone in and listen to the meeting with zoom? 

There will be a link in the meeting invitation you received via email for the phone (audio only) connection.

It is explained in the video.

All you have to do is click the link and it automatically dials the phone number and logs you into the meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/02/zoom-technology-security-coronavirus-video-conferencing

2 April 2020

The company has seen a 535% rise in daily traffic in the past month, but security researchers say the app is a ‘privacy disaster’

But security researchers have called Zoom “a privacy disaster” and “fundamentally corrupt” as allegations of the company mishandling user data snowball.

On Monday, New York’s attorney general, Letitia James, sent a letter to the company asking it to outline the measures it had taken to address security concerns and accommodate the rise in users.

In the letter, James said Zoom had been slow to address security vulnerabilities “that could enable malicious third parties to, among other things, gain surreptitious access to consumer webcams”.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, Dantheman136 said:

I realize this was posted a while ago but for those just seeing it now Zoom can be linked to KHConf. The instructions are on the web site for the elders. Its not extremely easy but if you take your time and do everything exactly it will work. We have been using it for a few weeks now and it works most of the time. One time we had a hard time connecting but I think KHConf was overwhelmed that day.

Br. Floyd, I just realized that I have questions about your question.  I had never given this much consideration before.

Why would you want to connect Zoom to or through KHConf?

Does your Hall use just the audio or do you use the video options in KHConf?

Are you using the KH computer (which usually hosts the program) or are you remotely operating it or did you install KHConf on a different computer?

If you are using the KH computer, did you leave the router and switches on when you vacated the building?

I can think of several other questions but I have a great curiosity.  We have closed up the KH and all of the computer equipment is off.

John,

Why would you want to connect Zoom to or through KHConf?  

We have several in our Congregation that either cannot or don't want to use Zoom so they use KHConf to receive the meetings. By connecting the stream from Zoom to be carried on KHConf, those using KHC can watch the Zoom meetings and hear the program. The app is available on ROKU for KHC

Are you using the KH computer (which usually hosts the program) or are you remotely operating it or did you install KHConf on a different computer?   

We do not use the PC at the Hall for this - it can be done by any PC that has the software installed - the physical interface used at the Hall is only needed if you are connecting a sound system to KHC. Whoever is hosting the Zoom meeting is the one who connects Zoom to KHC.

While we are not using our KH for meetings - that does not mean that our KH is "shuttered" ... there is still maintenance that may need to be done and the building is checked on to make sure the plumbing is not leaking, there are no electrical problems and, due to the Florida humidity, that the A/C is still operating. Tomorrow, our Service Group will be taking care of the lawn.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~