JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

RIDDLE QUESTION

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 462 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

56 minutes ago, subie2019 said:

2 females from Bethel did as Jehovah willed, 2 score and 2 are the ones that they killed. They did have God's favor, but Christ is not their savior, and for them his blood was not spilled. Who are they?

I think it refers to the two she-bears who killed 42 young boys who were mocking prophet Elisha at Bethel.

(2 Kings 2:23, 24) . . .He went up from there to Bethʹel. As he was going along the way, some young boys came out from the city and began to jeer at him, and they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” 24 Finally he turned around and looked at them and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out of the forest and tore 42 of the children to pieces.

They did Jehovah's will but since they were not human Jesus didn't die for them. :)

nice - i love Bible riddles

there used to be an older brother that told riddles @ Bethel - Columbia Heights when I was real young.... he would sit in the lobby and entertain visitors with Biblical history and jokes/riddles........i only remember a few

but i would listen to him for as long as i could

he asked 

1 - Who are the 3 shortest men in the Bible?

2 - What man came down from a mountain he never went up?

3 - what is the name of Paul's Horse?

4 - what does the bible says happens at the conventions of other religions?

5 - does the Bible endorse motorcycles?

3 hours ago, carlos said:

I think it refers to the two she-bears who killed 42 young boys who were mocking prophet Elisha at Bethel.

(2 Kings 2:23, 24) . . .He went up from there to Bethʹel. As he was going along the way, some young boys came out from the city and began to jeer at him, and they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” 24 Finally he turned around and looked at them and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out of the forest and tore 42 of the children to pieces.

They did Jehovah's will but since they were not human Jesus didn't die for them. :)

One hint:  a score = 20 (a very English word)

Here is another hint.

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

nice - i love Bible riddles

there used to be an older brother that told riddles @ Bethel - Columbia Heights when I was real young.... he would sit in the lobby and entertain visitors with Biblical history and jokes/riddles........i only remember a few

but i would listen to him for as long as i could

he asked 

1 - Who are the 3 shortest men in the Bible?

2 - What man came down from a mountain he never went up?

3 - what is the name of Paul's Horse?

5 - does the Bible endorse motorcycles?

I know all 5...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I'll keep an ear out for a Kneeling prophet and watch him speak to see if I can figure out the first one

The second one isn't hard, you just have to 'know a' guy that will give you the ararat answer...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, carlos said:

7 hours ago, carlos said:

They did Jehovah's will but since they were not human Jesus didn't die for them. 

Whoaa. Thank you! This is the correct answer🙂 now I have to research the others. 🤪

6 hours ago, DarinS said:

I heard that these scriptures are discussed...

Matthew 17:21; 18:11; 23:14; Mark 7:16; 9:44, 46; 11:26; 15:28; Luke 17:36; 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29; and Romans 16:24. 

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

For number 5 - Wasn't there a number of demons who drove hogs? (of course, they rode over a cliff and drowned)

You could say they were Hells Angels...🤣

On 9/22/2022 at 4:41 AM, Tortuga said:

I heard that these scriptures are discussed...

Matthew 17:21; 18:11; 23:14; Mark 7:16; 9:44, 46; 11:26; 15:28; Luke 17:36; 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29; and Romans 16:24. 

Are you used to these riddles before now or you're a genius?

• 1 month later...

Riddle
I’m a Bible character
My death is unique
My body didn’t decompose
My name is not known
My death suit is found in every kitchen

Jehovah never had one
Jesus had one once
So did Adam
NWT has one (NWT has 3!)
Millions of people walk around with one ☝🏽 
Although some of them no longer have ☝🏽 

With death u enter into it
With death u leave it
But if u leave without death u will die

In times of old there was a thing that some would call a wonder. And in that thing, Jehovah took down under. That thing wasn't an oppressor, but was used by God to teach a transgressor.

11 hours ago, subie2019 said:

Riddle
I’m a Bible character
My death is unique
My body didn’t decompose
My name is not known
My death suit is found in every kitchen

Jehovah never had one
Jesus had one once
So did Adam
NWT has one (NWT has 3!)
Millions of people walk around with one ☝🏽 
Although some of them no longer have ☝🏽 

With death u enter into it
With death u leave it
But if u leave without death u will die

In times of old there was a thing that some would call a wonder. And in that thing, Jehovah took down under. That thing wasn't an oppressor, but was used by God to teach a transgressor.

I think there are at least thee riddles there. The first one, which ends at the verse "My death suit is found in every kitchen" I think is Lot's wife.

I have no idea about the others.