JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two Dead in Shooting at Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in Colorado

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 417 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just now, halfspanishlee said:

Two adults died😢

Yes, confirmed by the Thornton, CO Police Twitter account: https://twitter.com/thorntonpolice

"Come Lord, Jesus" 😭

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

While this attack seems to be have been aimed at a selected individual, I am very grateful for the instructions from the Governing Body to keep us all safe in the Kingdom Hall by keeping the doors locked.

24 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

While this attack seems to be have been aimed at a selected individual, I am very grateful for the instructions from the Governing Body to keep us all safe in the Kingdom Hall by keeping the doors locked.

I didn’t see this in the article and as you mentioned Br. Julia’s about locking the doors, I’m assuming that this happened outside? Or am I wrong. I’m thinking about that Molotov cocktail and fir as well. 🤷‍♀️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

25 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I didn’t see this in the article and as you mentioned Br. Julia’s about locking the doors, I’m assuming that this happened outside? Or am I wrong. I’m thinking about that Molotov cocktail and fir as well. 🤷‍♀️

That's the assumption I am making, too, considering that according to jw.org Meeting Search there was supposed to be a meeting starting at the Hall at 9:30 AM, and the police mentions an emergency call being made around 9 AM. Mine was just a general notion how I appreciate efforts to keep us safe in this crazy world 😢 

26 minutes ago, Loopy said:

According to other reports, there wasn't a fire. This occurred around 09:00 and the meeting is scheduled for 09:30 so the doors would not be locked yet. The report doesn't say if it occurred inside or outside.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This sounds to me like a marital problem and possibly one that has been ongoing.  It is possible that this was festering and Jehovah's holy spirit was not called upon.

We must as married couple understand that Satan is after married couples, elders and pioneers as well.  When we have a difference with our brothers let us all remedy the situation as soon as possible in prayer and supplication to Jehovah.

Satan is desperate.

I'm sorry for this incident.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

According to other reports, there wasn't a fire. This occurred around 09:00 and the meeting is scheduled for 09:30 so the doors would not be locked yet. The report doesn't say if it occurred inside or outside.

Hmm? Our Kingdom Hall doors are nowadays locked also before the meeting, and well-meaning sisters welcoming others have been instructed to let the lobby attendant (who should be an appointed brother whenever possible) handle opening the door.

31 minutes ago, Pink Butterflies said:

Why did he have a gun? The fact he had a gun though he’s inactive tells me he thought it out. It’s sad. 

Its always possible that he was a hunter. The police reports don't say if it was a pistol or hunting rifle.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm always amazed by news reports from the US when it's comes to shootings..
It seems everyone has a gun

Most reports from the Netherlands about shootings are within criminal connection.

So, to read something about a shooting at a KH, by, as some news reports say, former members of this congregation, is just soo weird to even think about!!

But whatever the case, it is very, very sad. That someone allready has a certain mindset that a shooting is the only way possible, just shows that he allready had serious (mental) issues

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Its always possible that he was a hunter. The police reports don't say if it was a pistol or hunting rifle.

That’s possible but how could he commit suicide with a rifle? I’d think he’d have to be a contortionist with super long arms. 

As I was typing this, a news reporter covering the event stated it was a gun. This incident has become a national news story. 

55 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

It seems everyone has a gunemoji28.png

Most reports from the Netherlands about shootings are within criminal connection.

So, to read something about a shooting at a KH, by, as some news reports say, former members of this congregation, is just soo weird to even think about!!

But whatever the case, it is very, very sad. That someone allready has a certain mindset that a shooting is the only way possible, just shows that he allready had serious (mental) issuesemoji853.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

It’s weird to me as well an live in the US! 

1 hour ago, Pink Butterflies said:

That’s possible but how could he commit suicide with a rifle? I’d think he’d have to be a contortionist with super long arms. 

As I was typing this, a news reporter covering the event stated it was a gun. This incident has become a national news story. 

Committing suicide with a rifle is not that hard.  I don't want to describe too many details but suffice it to say, Reaching the trigger is not that hard to do.

I wondered why the people would be at the KH if they were no longer attending meetings

Edited by Witness1970

3 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Yes unfortunately the US is becoming considered a dangerous country with travel warnings just because of the laws regarding guns. I remember in the early 2000's visiting friends in Ohio and it was just normal back then to see signs saying "no guns allowed in restaurant" or some stores. But after watching a few news documentaries there are increasingly numbers of Americans emigrating to other countries in Europe, for eg. to Portugal, and looking for legal ways to get away from high exposure to violence and guns. Also I know some who even refuse to visit the US now. Sign of the times.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11